Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Afterlives - Maldraxxus

Afterlives - Maldraxxus

So... what is this about again? What, why, when and how?

I'm so confused.

Compared to Bastion this was pretty boring

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot weaker than Bastion, but still pretty good to see these cinematics.

The most interesting part was that one shot towards minute 1 which showed felguards. Since Void and Light already launched several attacks against Shadowlands, I'm sure the Legion would be able to attack them too. They also had dealings with Jailer, so it makes sense that they would try to weaken Maldraxxus (one of Jailer's greatest enemies).

Or maybe they are not demons after all, I don't have beta so I don't know what kind of creatures are in Maldraxxus.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Your curiosity will be the death of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not even close to first one. Insanely boring.

That one was just weak. It is just hey its me Draka, remember me?

I fell asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

5+ Year Old Account
    They are to layout some background story of the zones with a different medium.

This one is to show Draka will play a major part in fixing and find the betrayer of Maldraxxus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like others said; pretty boring. Expected a lot more - especially when it involves Maldraxxus which is basically the military force of Shadowlands.

Not as good as the first one, but still pretty good at building hype.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I fell asleep.
    Hope you wake up before the next one in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Hope you wake up before the next one in one week.
    I hope not.

I'll fall asleep even harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I do believe that was the most boring short they've made.
    Second most boring was probably Durotan...

Sensing a pattern...

Sadly, I think that was the weakest animated short Blizzard has ever released. Real pity. Let's hope the next one is an improvement.

This is not as good as Bastion because Draka is not an intriguing character. I really wish this was focussed on Kel'Thuzad instead. The Bastion one was nice because we got a glimpse of a possible Arthas redemption story, but the Maldraxxus one shows nothing like that.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-09-03 at 05:29 PM.

This one was ok, I think they could have had a few glimpses of other souls in Maldraxxus too that we will be seeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drakka is cute but this was very boring.

Wow, she really must be enjoying herself in the afterlife: slashing things, multiclassing rogue-warrior, and quick promotions. All without that boring husband of hers. Why Draka specifically for something any orc could do? For some son-mother payoff?