Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I believe it's the latter. The Legion does have some interest in the Shadowlands, but if the story was about them, they would have said something. I'd say those are supposed to be the Maldraxxus mobs that have the same skeleton as Felguards, and Blizzard just thought "eh, close enough"...
    Feels weird to accept that. Blizz has been cheap from time to time, but this is a new level of low. If anything, their art is one of their strongest suits.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Feels weird to accept that. Blizz has been cheap from time to time, but this is a new level of low. If anything, their art is one of their strongest suits.
    No king rules forever.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

They even had her say "It doesn't make any sense for me to be here, I'm just a token Orc so the Horde feels like they have a reason to play the expansion".

After seeing the first one this one is just so bad by comparison. Thrall's mom is a Maldraxus assassin, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I get the feeling these shorts have been made very recently. They probably had several options for what to do with them, and waited until they had some feedback from beta to choose the theme.

Be glad they chose Covenants, I'm sure one of their options was having four different shorts showing the day to day life of Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm sure one of their options was having four different shorts showing the day to day life of Sylvanas.
    That made me laugh. Can definitely picture how they would actually do that. xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Glad to see they could re-use the Felguard image from the Illidan Harbinger video, wouldn't want them to go over budget.

I THOUGHT they looked like Felguards!

She would not have been ambushed like that if Blizzard just allowed flying from the beginning......

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    She would not have been ambushed like that if Blizzard just allowed flying from the beginning......
    but then she wouldnt have been dazed and dismounted, so she had to kill a bunch of annoying mobs and get a bag full of crap to bring to the guy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt be triggered by copy-paste so much if it didnt damage the story.

The shot is clearly the same one from Illidan cinematic. Same angle, guards stand in the very same position.

I know it supposed to not be the same place, but shot directly points at Draka visiting the same Pit-Lord Castle Illidan and Co visited. Why and how?

At the very same time at the very same place so the angles are 100% identical. One may say that just coincidence and she luckily visited the same place before Illidan (i guess) and all details just were the same, even the way guards held their weapon. This is such a stretch and makes so little sense. And she stole some plans and left. What? Pit-Lord hold plans written on paper? Funny.

That cheap move directly damages the logic of the story. They should have paid extra 200 bucks to artist to make the original shot.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-09-03 at 10:32 PM.

It is as boring as the Bastion one.

The afterlives are so much worse than the BFA Warbringers.

Well, it was pretty good, because unlike Uther, they show her as someone who took her duty in Shadowlands, with Uther they showed us that not every character will take it in a matter of seconds plus they showed some kind of story, in Bastion it was more like what's the duty

This was boring. And i don't know wth was going on or why i should care.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone pointed this out and... I can't say 100% for sure it's true but would it be surprising? Remember the whole Red Shirt Guy deal way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Someone pointed this out and... I can't say 100% for sure it's true but would it be surprising? Remember the whole Red Shirt Guy deal way back?

Makes sense. They should have killed Garona a while ago anyways. Her character is just background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Makes sense. They should have killed Garona a while ago anyways. Her character is just background noise.
    This is why I can't really invest myself in the game lore anymore. They're just making this all up as they go along. Rather than committing to stories they're drawing up whole swaths of cloth and making something new to consume and discard later.

Man, people are complaining about alot about forced strong female warrior and w/e. But she was calling someone else "my lord" and she seemed pretty loyal and adamant on following orders.

Edit: Don't compare this to crap like Rey sKyWaLkEr, it's not. It's way better.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2020-09-03 at 11:08 PM.

Pretty boring. I do wonder why they chose her to carry the covenant in the video though. Uther and Arthas in the Bastion one were both characters everyone knew and could relate to, and it even threw in a lot of awesome references to prior events we have experienced. This one we see like 3 characters total, two we have never seen before, and Draka who barely qualifies as well-known.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Man, people are complaining about alot about forced strong female warrior and w/e. But she was calling someone else "my lord" and she seemed pretty loyal and adamant on following orders.

Edit: Don't compare this to crap like Rey sKyWaLkEr, it's not. It's way better.
    Amusingly, in Maldraxxus, there is ANOTHER female character who is much more loyal than Drakka.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    After seeing the first one this one is just so bad by comparison. Thrall's mom is a Maldraxus assassin, so what?
    Yeah I have to agree, this one pales in comparison. Thrall's mom was a big "whatever" from the beginning, but this is also mostly a zone preview which you will get to see anyway while questing. The uther one held some big revelations and set up a connection to the possible continuation to one of the most famous lore characters of the franchise. Thrall's mom multiclassed warrior/thief; whoop di do. They could have at least shown off the other houses as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.