Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only thing interesting about this is that Thrall stands a chance of meeting her. And if so... will the writers go the easy route of having a happy reunion or will the two be so far apart and detached from one another, there's no joy to be had? Draka's an immortal assassin for the House of Death... Thrall's lived a pretty full life without ever knowing his mother...

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Are those Felguards actually relevant or are they thinking we are stupid and reuse Felguard art to play the role of Maldraxxus soldiers?
    im 99% sure those are not felguards,in fact its very likely a case of extreme lazyness(its what happens when you fire thausands of people),that scene looks almost the same as the legion one,so its likely a copy paste,but ofc there is always the slim chance that they knew about demons stealing their shit and they were investigating it,but its more likely internal intrigue

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Does not really change my opinion of her. She is a pretty new character to WoW and seems like a typical Orc. I'm not that interested in Orcs and her having no real appearance in WoW does not help. It's hard to get exited about some random Orc.
    I get it. It's Thralls mother though, she's not very random and has existed for almost 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    im 99% sure those are not felguards,in fact its very likely a case of extreme lazyness(its what happens when you fire thausands of people),that scene looks almost the same as the legion one,so its likely a copy paste,but ofc there is always the slim chance that they knew about demons stealing their shit and they were investigating it,but its more likely internal intrigue
    I thought they were at first as well and then I realized it's just reused art. Disappointing, it would have been cool to show that maldraxxus was infiltrating the legion and other places to protect the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Someone pointed this out and... I can't say 100% for sure it's true but would it be surprising? Remember the whole Red Shirt Guy deal way back?

While I think a dead Garona would have been a more exciting choice, I think it's preposterous to think this was the case. Garona was present in BFA, living and more or less participating. It's not like she's an ancient plot relic. These types of posts are just disingenuous bullshit made from comments observing that Garona would have been cooler.
    And besides, Draka being chosen and Thrall being one of the kidnapped lore figures in shadowlands seems to me like obvious setup for future interactions.

In my opinion though, a list of characters that would have been more exciting than Draka and lend themselves to richer storytelling and callbacks:
    Broxigar
    Orgrim Doomhammer
    Dranosh Saurfang

But for the record, I don't think Draka was necessarily why I felt this cinematic was less compelling. But a richer character would of probably helped the writers have more things to pull from.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2020-09-03 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Someone pointed this out and... I can't say 100% for sure it's true but would it be surprising? Remember the whole Red Shirt Guy deal way back?

Big if true.

And honestly, wouldn't be surprising.

Bill Lumbergh, to art team: I'm gonna need you to draw out and animate this hella cool Garona storyboard from Jim in Accounting in like, y'know, 3 days. Okay? Okay.
    Bill Lumbergh, right before project is finished: Yyyyyeah, so ummmm upper management just informed me that you guys need to make Garona into Draka... so I'm gonna have to ask you to fix this in a day. Chop, chop, we've got a deadline to hit!

Not as good as Uther's but still pretty cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    In my opinion though, a list of characters that would have been more exciting than Draka and lend themselves to richer storytelling and callbacks:
    They should've used the OTHER person from Azeroth for this who we meet early on in that zone.

Lady Vashj. In fact, not only do we know of her quite well - WE sent her there to begin with!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, they have a class change service in Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Glad to see they could re-use the Felguard image from the Illidan Harbinger video, wouldn't want them to go over budget.

yep, cheap shit, recycling and cost effective development at max level. no one ever, besides Blizzard, reached that levels of ... i dont know how to even call it. and i also take EA into consideration here...

besides that: boring as fuck. as some others said, definitely the most boring video/cinematic/intro in over a decade or maybe ever, for me.

when i remember myself the Jaina warbringer cinematic (daughter of the sea), and value this maldraxxus cinematic as an omen, i wish myself BfA back, before BfA even ends. Or even WoD.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-04 at 12:46 AM.

This is honestly starting to feel like a poor joke on Blizzard. I honestly wondered if they meant for Garona and had to switch to Draka for some unexplained reason.

Either way, there's no redeeming such a horrendous choice of character. Shadowlands isn't even OUT yet, and they're already fucking it up. Shadowlands should ONLY be about the heavy-hitters of our past -- or NEW characters -- and Draka is a stupid choice, no matter how you slice it. I can only hope that they don't focus on her.

Draka really just raises more questions about maldraxxus, why are some people zombies but she gets he normal not perforated body?

Also, why is everyone super cool with being completely fucked over in the afterlife? Separated from spouses, forced into endless war to protect a place you never even knew existed, Uther found out his whole religion he devoted himself entirely too is a lie and didn't even shrug.
    The shadowlands is a shithole tbh.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Draka really just raises more questions about maldraxxus, why are some people zombies but she gets he normal not perforated body?

Also, why is everyone super cool with being completely fucked over in the afterlife? Separated from spouses, forced into endless war to protect a place you never even knew existed, Uther found out his whole religion he devoted himself entirely too is a lie and didn't even shrug.
    The shadowlands is a shithole tbh.
    Wha... did we watch the same video? The whole reason Uther's soul was split in two is because of The Light. Granted, it did jackshit in the end but to say his whole religion was a lie is a bit of an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Wha... did we watch the same video? The whole reason Uther's soul was split in two is because of The Light. Granted, it did jackshit in the end but to say his whole religion was a lie is a bit of an exaggeration.
    There have been multiple instances of the light being directly tied with souls and the afterlife previously (such as the a'dal quest in wrath to save the paladin's soul) or in bfa when Calia was resurected. Now we find out the shadowlands is whatever it is and the light has no impact or control over anything. Given that the light has no control over the shadowlands why did it even bother splitting his soul?

What's the point of putting your faith in the light if after you die you could be forced into eternal combat as a murder zombie entirely based on what the arbiter thinks separated from your friends and family for eternity? This is basically like finding out that the semetic heaven is actually the dharma wheel but more existentially horrifying, how is that not going to bust the church of the light wide open?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    There have been multiple instances of the light being directly tied with souls and the afterlife previously (such as the a'dal quest in wrath to save the paladin's soul) or in bfa when Calia was resurected. Now we find out the shadowlands is whatever it is and the light has no impact or control over anything. Given that the light has no control over the shadowlands why did it even bother splitting his soul?

What's the point of putting your faith in the light if after you die you could be forced into eternal combat as a murder zombie entirely based on what the arbiter thinks separated from your friends and family for eternity? This is basically like finding out that the semetic heaven is actually the dharma wheel but more existentially horrifying, how is that not going to bust the church of the light wide open?
    It's possible there will be further interactions with The Light as the story in SL progresses. I'd say anything powerful enough to split a soul in two (something Devos had never seen before) is likely to have important ramifications down the line.

Yeah, this has no feel to it, after the Bastion one. Draka just does not feel "right" in that place, especially since almost everyone is a walking skeleton, while she is a fleshy orc. Only thing notable out is that Shadowlands have fought against the Legion.
    Blizzard, you knowingly used Bastion first, didn't you?

Well that was boring as fuck

Dead cinematic. Expect the same for the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yep, cheap shit, recycling and cost effective development at max level. no one ever, besides Blizzard, reached that levels of ... i dont know how to even call it. and i also take EA into consideration here...

besides that: boring as fuck. as some others said, definitely the most boring video/cinematic/intro in over a decade or maybe ever, for me.

when i remember myself the Jaina warbringer cinematic (daughter of the sea), and value this maldraxxus cinematic as an omen, i wish myself BfA back, before BfA even ends. Or even WoD.
    Yeah, recycling animation has never been used ev- Oops, I dropped my most successful animation studio of all time. Pretty much all of Robin Hood uses recycled animation, disney used this all the time. Imagine being that angry over a 5 minute video, find a hobby
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2020-09-04 at 03:19 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Dead cinematic. Expect the same for the rest.
    they really should've done Bastion last lol

residentsleeper wake me up when shadowlands is good.