Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they should've done Bastion last. Revendreth second last. cause those 2 are going to be the best cause nostalgia
    Revendreth because we expect to see Garrosh? Or why exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone is like: Borings.
    I was like: Huh? What? Huh!? Okay...

Not near as good as Bleuther but raised alot of questions.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Revendreth because we expect to see Garrosh? Or why exactly?
    Kael'thas is making an appearance, or at least his face is on the cinematic poster https://pt.wowhead.com/news=317678/r...nimated-series

at least it looks like him to me

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Would be fun that anyone "killed" in Shadowlands ends up in the living realm, like some kind of nonsense eternal loop, allowing Blizz' to endlessly recycle stuff
    So all Sylvanas had to do was... jump again.

Kael'thas is making an appearance, or at least his face is on the cinematic poster https://pt.wowhead.com/news=317678/r...nimated-series

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Prince_Renathal
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2020-09-04 at 08:20 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Ah well then that blows my theory out of the water

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Would be fun that anyone "killed" in Shadowlands ends up in the living realm, like some kind of nonsense eternal loop, allowing Blizz' to endlessly recycle stuff
    I would suspect that maybe they just turn into anima upon their 2nd death?

Ah well then that blows my theory out of the water
    Actually.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Denathrius

My bad.

Ummmm, I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Apparently they are called "Aranakk";

it's a lot like a nerubian, with a more humanoid upper half.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Aranakk
    While he definitely looks like he is a spiderperson but from my first viewing I would have assumed he had a fully humanoid body. I had to go back and rewatch it after your post to see if I missed anything and yeah during the map scene you can kinda make out some spider legs. Was hoping it coulda been a potential allied race in the future he looked pretty cool :/

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

None of the questions are interesting.

It confirmed to me what I already thought. The lore of the shadowlands is just not interesting.

The maldraxxus lore is particularly bad because is dinishines what made the Scourge cool in Warcraft 3. Now it’s some alternate realm of death that influenced what the Scourge is, instead of a plague that ravaged the Eastern Kingdoms and turned villagers into undead, with Kirin Tor mages-turned-necromancers raising the dead and growing the ranks of the Cult of the Damned. Abominations were stitched together from leftover bodies and the it was the Nerubians that influenced much of the architecture.

This is what happens when you have a lead story designer like Steve Danuser guiding the story through the last couple of expansions. He’s a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah but they already had spotlight in WoD and Draka is female, so they probably just wanted female orc for "diversity".

Which sucks because I wasn't interested in Draka or her story, and that short cinematic didn't change that.
    No one is interested in Draka. There’s no emotional investment in the character.

Most of these new lore characters in the Shadownlands are really dull. Probably because it’s quite far removed from the usual wow lore

I don't get all the hate for Draka. Sure she has no backstory and the little she has is pretty lame, but in her afterlive she has become a great warrior/rogue. I dunno man, people always complaining about lack of new characters and when they get someone "new" they call it stupid or boring.

Seems to me the only reason people liked Bastion short better is because it had Arthas, which means people just want more of the same characters.

So many questions. WHY does the architecture in Maldraxxus look like Scourge architecture if Scourge architecture was inspired by the Nerubians?

Why are some people fleshy, some people skeletal?

Why are there Felguards?

What is this talk people keep saying with the Jailer being linked to the Legion???

Who is making war against the Shadowlands for them to even need an army? The void?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I fell asleep.
    Yep, me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Man i know wow storytelling is not the greatest / most logical etc ... but the shadowlands lore is just a hot mess. Like you can die in death etc etc

this feel so forced. i would have rather they pull a more simple string like an alien population needs our help vs the void or something.
    I feel the same about Shadowlands. The entire setting seems so dumb and nonsensical and it also breaks continuity so much. But I guess they killed like 90% of the remaining possible expansion settings with Legion and BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

I'm pretty sure nobody expects comprehensive story from Activision-Blizzard at this point. Most of the lore doesn't make sense anymore. Just enjoy (or not) the ride before it crashes into a wall.

Great one! Left many questions, such as "Who's attacking?", "Why?", "What is this key and why is it Draka?" and many more. Love the vibe of Maldraxxus.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The most interesting part was that one shot towards minute 1 which showed felguards. Since Void and Light already launched several attacks against Shadowlands, I'm sure the Legion would be able to attack them too. They also had dealings with Jailer, so it makes sense that they would try to weaken Maldraxxus (one of Jailer's greatest enemies).

Or maybe they are not demons after all, I don't have beta so I don't know what kind of creatures are in Maldraxxus.
    Yeah that is interesting actually! Oh wait no it's just because they re-used a picture from Illidan's short story for Legion.. Fucking Blizzard are so out of touch man.. Such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Yeah that is interesting actually! Oh wait no it's just because they re-used a picture from Illidan's short story for Legion.. Fucking Blizzard are so out of touch man.. Such a shame
    I mean, I still found it interesting....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I'm pretty sure nobody expects comprehensive story from Activision-Blizzard at this point. Most of the lore doesn't make sense anymore. Just enjoy (or not) the ride before it crashes into a wall.
    Im @ that point atm, can't be fixed anymore.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Seems to me the only reason people liked Bastion short better is because it had Arthas, which means people just want more of the same characters.
    Of course it played a part. But the music, the atmosphere, the voice-acting, and even the other "new" characters made Afterlives: Bastion interesting. Uther and Arthas are a great part, but not only. Even the interaction between the parangon and her chief was great.

Here, Draka's lord was here for two sentences then died. We don't know or care about who he was or what he wants, he was just an expendable resource to put Draka in the spotlight.

Even the overall atmosphere of this cinematic is forgettable. Nothing to be compared with Bastion's one.

As someone who isn't in the beta, I'm confused about what's going on in this video. What is Maldraxus, what does it mean if the Shadowlands "fall" etc.

The Bastion video is far from my favorite, but I at least understood better what was going on.