Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    Spells like deep freeze/alter time / Etc were not useless

But spells like Soothe/hibernate/etc are just useless and have very few uses

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Focusing the spec was a good thing. The only issue was that some spec has alot of dead talents...
    Soothe/Hibernate is spells I use frequently. Almost every day, depending on what keys I do.

Aren't you that guy posting fake leaks? Looks like you got banned.
    Hi

TBH i also was a bit disappointed with them making corruption baseline for all specs. It just does not work. it makes no sense for demo / destro.

the curses are good tho i like those.

So not all bad but corruption just really makes no sense at all. why add that to baseline for destro / demo? who would think that to be a good idea?

5+ Year Old Account
    To be fair it means fuck all how many abilities a class has if they don't interact in interesting and meaningful ways. I cmplain about the class design so much on these forums so i don't think I even need to say it now. And for that even doubling the abilities won't make it fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Mages did get alter time back.

They didn't?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

You are trying to talk for everyone, I for one love that there are only 2-4 abilities to use in a rotation now. Hell some of the most fun I have had in the game to date was back in BC with the 1 botton Maco BM hunter DPS where you literally spammed 1 button. I love Frost DK's having basically 5 abilities you use every minute, I miss Blood DK dps where you had 3 abilities. I don't want overcomplicated elaborate rotations like in FF14 or GW2 to do optimal damage I like simplicity when I play video games I don't want to have to work for run I do that 12 hours a day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I thought Mages did get alter time back.

They didn't?
    its not the original alter time, this one is mostly useless dispellable altertime that only transfers you back to the original spot and restores health to the amount you had when you pressed the button

old alter time used to give you your procs back etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    its not the original alter time, this one is mostly useless dispellable altertime that only transfers you back to the original spot and restores health to the amount you had when you pressed the button

old alter time used to give you your procs back etc.
    It's defensive as opposed to offensive.

Original alter time with things like glacial spike and combustion would be hell to balance especially for low level players. Current alter time is still very good and far from useless

Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    No shit, You'd think that Blizzard would change the game to be more like Classic to WotLK, but no. They are going back to the shitty MoP-WoD model that fucked up the game.

It's no wonder that people are saying that wow is dying.
    YOU don't want the MoP model, but there are many polls out there that proves that people in general liked MoP gameplay more than anything else. And people are saying that wow is dying since the existence of WoW itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    It's defensive as opposed to offensive.

Original alter time with things like glacial spike and combustion would be hell to balance especially for low level players. Current alter time is still very good and far from useless
    it was both defensive and offensive.. also i care more about how fun the game is and only then how balanced it is

it was both defensive and offensive.. also i care more about how fun the game is and only then how balanced it is
    An unbalanced game is not fun.

Spells like deep freeze/alter time / Etc were not useless

But spells like Soothe/hibernate/etc are just useless and have very few uses

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Focusing the spec was a good thing. The only issue was that some spec has alot of dead talents...
    Soothe and hibernate are useless? Do you not pve or pvp or something?

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    It's almost like most of the spells they've removed in the past have been worthless and you guys have been asking for something stupid
    Yup, this is the truth of it.
    Just like with Classic.
    People THINK they do, but they don't.

Half the stuff they readded people have been trying to get removed again already.

Most upset about Searing Totem.
    Having no actual castable fire totem is such a shame in my book, especially because on the character select screen they are displayed alongside one that you will literally never see in game now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

What I heard constantly was that "waaaa I'm playing a spec, not a class". What does this mean? Spells being made cross spec. If it's not what people meant. Maybe crying through popular buzzwords isn't the way to go.

Unpruning to me will just be as if they were still pruned. Useless and sitting spellbook until it gets removed again because people complain about bloated spells that are useless.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    No shit, You'd think that Blizzard would change the game to be more like Classic to WotLK, but no. They are going back to the shitty MoP-WoD model that fucked up the game.

It's no wonder that people are saying that wow is dying.

Lol, legion fucked up the game pal
    Mop to wod was amazing. First hints were at wod with lack of content, but legion sealed the deal.

Legion is when the game tanked immeasurably

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    An unbalanced game is not fun.
    it is fun when its relatively balanced.. you can balance the game relatively well with just tweaking the numbers

balance should never get in the way of fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Lol, legion fucked up the game pal
    Mop to wod was amazing. First hints were at wod with lack of content, but legion sealed the deal.

Legion is when the game tanked immeasurably
    nah, MoP was good, but WoD was the first expansion that truly fucked class design, then Legion made it even worse and BFA basically killed it. Now they're trying to resurrect it in SL, but that's not gonna work, they need to try harder

The whole unpruning idea was dumb. They pruned for very good reasons, and should have told the complainers to go to hell.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The whole unpruning idea was dumb. They pruned for very good reasons, and should have told the complainers to go to hell.
    no they didn't.. a lot of the shit that was pruned was pruned for no reason at all

it's just that if you look at the game in BFA unpruning itself, especially the shadowlands style, where they unprune a couple of abilities with not all of them being the ones that classes truly need, will not fix the game by itself.. pruning wasn't the only thing that ruined classes.. they've changed a lot of stuff outside of just pruning

no they didn't.. a lot of the shit that was pruned was pruned for no reason at all
    Then you don't understand why they pruned.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Then you don't understand why they pruned.
    no i understand why they pruned and i also understand that it was a failure

in fact i'm 100% certain that blizzard themselves didn't understand what they were supposed to be doing

their reasoning to remove abilities, master looter, introducing titanforging was a joke.. always.. it never made any sense, just like their reasoning with covenants currently

We got very SMALL amount of spells back and the majority of them are USELESS.

Fireball for frost mage Oh nice! Im sure this will never get used. We asked for things like Alter time / Deep freeze etc not useless fireblasts that deal 0 dmg

When we said unpruning. We meant abilities and passives that alter rotation. Not spells with no use at all...
    That's your first problem. From the very start they said it was skills that didn't impact rotation much and gave a decent list like Kings/Mark, Eyes, etc. It was pretty evident from the start that it would be low impact things and if we got back anything impactful then they figured it was worth it to.