Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Unpruning was a lie + talent system unpruning

    Now that class changes are almost finished and no more wait for Alpha/Beta excuses
    The unpruning was just a huge lie...
    We got very SMALL amount of spells back and the majority of them are USELESS.

    Fireball for frost mage Oh nice! Im sure this will never get used. We asked for things like Alter time / Deep freeze etc not useless fireblasts that deal 0 dmg

    When we said unpruning. We meant abilities and passives that alter rotation. Not spells with no use at all...

    We expected atleast 3 ROTATIONAL changing abilities. Instead we got things like shield of righteous for retri pala which you cant use because you dont have shield OMEGA LOL

    If blizzard want to unprune with minimal efforts...

    How about Changing the talent system as follow

    1) instead of 7 rows with 3 options . We get 10 rows with 2 options each

    -The new rows consist of talents removed from the other rows

    -Most rows has dead talents. And only 1 clear winner so just remove dead talents and put them vs each other in the new rows

    -This wont cause many balancing issues. Its not like blizzard cares anyway. We always have balancing issues

    -This wouls give us new 3 talents with NO EFFORTS in designing new one

    -This wont limit our choices because we will have more rows to choose from

  2. #2
    It's almost like most of the spells they've removed in the past have been worthless and you guys have been asking for something stupid

  3. #3
    Who "we"? You can only speak for yourself, I didn't expect nor do I need more. I don't want 3 more rotational abilities for my main thx very much, but I know some specs could use a little more variety.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,205
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/class...-the-unpruning

    maybe read that and tell me again how unpruning was a lie. spells and abilities becoming baseline and available across all specs

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    Now that class changes are almost finished and no more wait for Alpha/Beta excuses
    The unpruning was just a huge lie...
    We got very SMALL amount of spells back and the majority of them are USELESS.

    Fireball for frost mage Oh nice! Im sure this will never get used. We asked for things like Alter time / Deep freeze etc not useless fireblasts that deal 0 dmg

    When we said unpruning. We meant abilities and passives that alter rotation. Not spells with no use at all...

    We expected atleast 3 ROTATIONAL changing abilities. Instead we got things like shield of righteous for retri pala which you cant use because you dont have shield OMEGA LOL

    If blizzard want to unprune with minimal efforts...

    How about Changing the talent system as follow

    1) instead of 7 rows with 3 options . We get 10 rows with 2 options each

    -The new rows consist of talents removed from the other rows

    -Most rows has dead talents. And only 1 clear winner so just remove dead talents and put them vs each other in the new rows

    -This wont cause many balancing issues. Its not like blizzard cares anyway. We always have balancing issues

    -This wouls give us new 3 talents with NO EFFORTS in designing new one

    -This wont limit our choices because we will have more rows to choose from
    No shit, You'd think that Blizzard would change the game to be more like Classic to WotLK, but no. They are going back to the shitty MoP-WoD model that fucked up the game.

    It's no wonder that people are saying that wow is dying.

  7. #7
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,419
    At this point class design needs to be completely blown up and rebuilt from scratch. Just inserting these old abilities doesn't work because it's the fundamental philosophy that's flawed.

    And that means bringing in a developer that wants WoW to be a Hotbar MMO and not a Hotbar Looter.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  8. #8
    You have to be careful what you ask for with blizzard.

    They never do what people ask. They always need to add a spin to it.

    Many of these abilities were unpruned for a reason. Many of the returned ones still carry the problems that got them removed in the first place. Unpruning was a step backwards. Focus on specs was the right thing to do.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    It's almost like most of the spells they've removed in the past have been worthless and you guys have been asking for something stupid
    Spells like deep freeze/alter time / Etc were not useless

    But spells like Soothe/hibernate/etc are just useless and have very few uses

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You have to be careful what you ask for with blizzard.

    They never do what people ask. They always need to add a spin to it.

    Many of these abilities were unpruned for a reason. Many of the returned ones still carry the problems that got them removed in the first place. Unpruning was a step backwards. Focus on specs was the right thing to do.
    Yes. Focusing the spec was a good thing. The only issue was that some spec has alot of dead talents...

  10. #10
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,419
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    Spells like deep freeze/alter time / Etc were not useless

    But spells like Soothe/hibernate/etc are just useless and have very few uses

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes. Focusing the spec was a good thing. The only issue was that some spec has alot of dead talents...
    The other problem was most specs don't have enough of a kit to justify existing as a wholly independent focus. 3-4 buttons and a fancy bar does not a valid playstyle make.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster
    It is my belief when all is said and done we will regard Legion as the beginning of the end.
    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/class...-the-unpruning

    maybe read that and tell me again how unpruning was a lie. spells and abilities becoming baseline and available across all specs
    Very few changes or meaningless ones

    Shield of the righteous for retri u cant use cuz u have no shield. WTF 0 thoughts... Fireball for frost mage Lul that deal 0 dmg and have 0 synergy with rotations.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The other problem was most specs don't have enough of a kit to justify existing as a wholly independent focus. 3-4 buttons and a fancy bar does not a valid playstyle make.
    Most spec in legion was working well and felt unique. In BfA they should have kept improving them. Same for shadowlands keep improving... but we only lose abilities since then

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    It's almost like most of the spells they've removed in the past have been worthless and you guys have been asking for something stupid
    I think nobody asked for useless combat abilities. Many wanted flavour ablities back. And the abilities that were once baseline and then got made into (PvP) talents, which also meant some new and fresh talents.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    Very few changes or meaningless ones

    Shield of the righteous for retri u cant use cuz u have no shield. WTF 0 thoughts... Fireball for frost mage Lul that deal 0 dmg and have 0 synergy with rotations.
    doesn't mean you can't use it for Holy. also, I'm not taking advice from anyone who thinks that Fireball is the same thing as Fire Blast, two completely different spells. and yeah Fire Blast does low damage but it doesn't do 0 damage. you don't even know what spells you're talking about! and very few changes? get real, there are heaps there

    maybe you should stick to your fake leaks instead of trying to generate outrage by making false claims.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    It's almost like most of the spells they've removed in the past have been worthless and you guys have been asking for something stupid
    you hammered the nail on the head.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    SNIP
    Fake leaks and poorly constructed bait posts :/

    1/7,5

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    Now that class changes are almost finished and no more wait for Alpha/Beta excuses
    The unpruning was just a huge lie...
    We got very SMALL amount of spells back and the majority of them are USELESS.

    Fireball for frost mage Oh nice! Im sure this will never get used. We asked for things like Alter time / Deep freeze etc not useless fireblasts that deal 0 dmg

    When we said unpruning. We meant abilities and passives that alter rotation. Not spells with no use at all...

    We expected atleast 3 ROTATIONAL changing abilities. Instead we got things like shield of righteous for retri pala which you cant use because you dont have shield OMEGA LOL

    If blizzard want to unprune with minimal efforts...

    How about Changing the talent system as follow

    1) instead of 7 rows with 3 options . We get 10 rows with 2 options each

    -The new rows consist of talents removed from the other rows

    -Most rows has dead talents. And only 1 clear winner so just remove dead talents and put them vs each other in the new rows

    -This wont cause many balancing issues. Its not like blizzard cares anyway. We always have balancing issues

    -This wouls give us new 3 talents with NO EFFORTS in designing new one

    -This wont limit our choices because we will have more rows to choose from
    they never said everything was coming back. you were stupid if you thought it was going to.

  17. #17
    No, people didn't ask for "rotational" skills back, whatever it means. People asked for skills that class had and made them feel like they play certain class and not a spec. Mage wants to feel he is a mage not frost mage. Of course frost mage is focused on frost but he can still cast fire blast, just like outlaw rogue knows how to use poisons. The unpruning isn't 100% perfect but I think it's step in right direction. Some classed got more, some got less but every class should feel more complete with those skills coming back. It's about gameplay feeling and even if you think some skill is situational it's what makes the class feel like a whole class.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    It's almost like most of the spells they've removed in the past have been worthless and you guys have been asking for something stupid
    Warlocks lost soul link. We have to choose between death coil and demonic teleport. We lost instant howl of fear. We lost curse of exhaustion. We lost detect invis. Other things that were once baseline in the spec are now PvP talents and you have to choose 3 out of the 12 things you had baseline. I had 50+ keybinds and have less than 15 now. And TBH if it was worthless I wouldn't have it keybound. I used to switch between demonic armor and fel armor based upon the conditions of what I was in. Being focused and taking a lot of heals? Demonic armor for bonus healing and armor. Not being focused? Fel armor for more damage. Locked out of shadow school, use searing pain, and in Cataclysm fel flame.

    Old WoW had depth the modern version does not.

  19. #19
    There's been some decent unpruning in SL, with caveats. What's really needed now is a talent unpruning.

  20. #20
    It's not a lie just because they didn't bring everything back. Some of them are just RPG fluff. It's fine to get such skills back.

    The point of the unpruning was not to get back to MoP levels of keybinds. Mage didn't get as much as the rest but guess what, mage didn't get pruned as hard as the rest back in the days either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •