Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Fake leaks and poorly constructed bait posts :/

1/7,5
    No baits. This is a huge problem

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    It's not a lie just because they didn't bring everything back. Some of them are just RPG fluff. It's fine to get such skills back.

The point of the unpruning was not to get back to MoP levels of keybinds. Mage didn't get as much as the rest but guess what, mage didn't get pruned as hard as the rest back in the days either.

We did not got a new class in BfA or shadowlands...
    So perhaps more effort should have been done to make classes better

What they did basically felt like a last minute useless additions

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
    Spells like deep freeze/alter time / Etc were not useless

But spells like Soothe/hibernate/etc are just useless and have very few uses

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. Focusing the spec was a good thing. The only issue was that some spec has alot of dead talents...
    You are talking out of your arse here and probably never did any kind of pvp or pve other than pressing 1-2-3 on your hotbar if that's your honest opinion. Especially for hibernate. Plus, it's good to have a solid base class before you start building the specs up, otherwise you end up with 36 very diluted classes.

Having said that, I agree that a lot more abilities and passives in general could/should have come back, but for my taste class design has gone to the dogs for the last 3 expansions so no surprises here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    No, people didn't ask for "rotational" skills back, whatever it means. People asked for skills that class had and made them feel like they play certain class and not a spec. Mage wants to feel he is a mage not frost mage. Of course frost mage is focused on frost but he can still cast fire blast, just like outlaw rogue knows how to use poisons. The unpruning isn't 100% perfect but I think it's step in right direction. Some classed got more, some got less but every class should feel more complete with those skills coming back. It's about gameplay feeling and even if you think some skill is situational it's what makes the class feel like a whole class.

For a mage. Skills like Alter time/Deep freeze would have passed as "unpruning" cuz they do get used

Not only silly spells for animations

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, it's not. this is a bait thread on par with your fake leak threads.

What is a huge problem? I'm personally very satisfied with a lot of the class changes leading into shadowlands. Not everything is perfect but better > worse.

Whats a huge problem exactly?
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Fake leaks and poorly constructed bait posts :/

1/7,5
    poor reply that is out of topic. 0 /10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    you hammered the nail on the head.
    no lol. We expected more and "useful abilities to be unpruned not meaningless ones 99% of time wont get used

- - - Updated - - -

We did not got a new class in BfA or shadowlands...
    So perhaps more effort should have been done to make classes better

What they did basically felt like a last minute useless additions
    We don't need a new class all the time. And I don't know what Shadowlands you are looking at, but to me it looks like they put in a lot of effort to make classes better. Some things just worked out better than others. It seems to me like you had some unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no, it's not. this is a bait thread on par with your fake leak threads.
    imagine classifying all threads that discusses issues in game as bait.

And if this is bait thread. Why enter it?

For a mage. Skills like Alter time/Deep freeze would have passed as "unpruning" cuz they do get used

You do realize that we have Alter time right? We even have a talent to improove it called Master of Time. Its actually quite a fun interplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    We don't need a new class all the time. And I don't know what Shadowlands you are looking at, but to me it looks like they put in a lot of effort to make classes better. Some things just worked out better than others. It seems to me like you had some unrealistic expectations.
    No. What they did is minimal effort.
    All spec with issues should have been worked on

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that we have Alter time right? We even have a talent to improove it called Master of Time. Its actually quite a fun interplay.
    i gave examples of real unpruning vs fake unpruning

No. What they did is minimal effort.
    All spec with issues should have been worked on
    ...and they are being worked on...

i gave examples of real unpruning vs fake unpruning
    Alter Time is awesome what are you talking about?

Seeing how many people agree with you in this thread, perhaps you should stop with the "we want" thing.

Now that class changes are almost finished and no more wait for Alpha/Beta excuses
    The unpruning was just a huge lie...
    We got very SMALL amount of spells back and the majority of them are USELESS.

Yup, no shit. I've been saying this since they announced the "unpruning". It doesn't matter if Frost mages get back fireball, they aren't going to use it. The specs have moved on far too much into synergy territory that some unbuffed off spec ability isn't going to do anything. There are a couple of useful utility spells they brought back, but that's it. And honestly if I dove into it, you'd probably find out that they sacrificed spec specific utility to bring those in, or just renamed it.

But mages do get Alter Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    We? Who's we?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well part of the pruning was making it so each class no longer had an answer to every situation. They aren't going back on that part, and thank god. I HATED sitting in 40s CC chains from most classes. Mobility creep was so intense that a lot of caster specs just had to be allowed to cast while moving. Being able to spec yourself to deal with the situation at hand is fun. Having the answer to everything regardless of your spec is not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    they never said everything was coming back. you were stupid if you thought it was going to.
    Yep, people have issues with reading with comprehension. Blizzard never said anything specific about that lol. I explicitly remember ion canon interview and what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Warlocks lost soul link. We have to choose between death coil and demonic teleport. We lost instant howl of fear. We lost curse of exhaustion. We lost detect invis. Other things that were once baseline in the spec are now PvP talents and you have to choose 3 out of the 12 things you had baseline. I had 50+ keybinds and have less than 15 now. And TBH if it was worthless I wouldn't have it keybound. I used to switch between demonic armor and fel armor based upon the conditions of what I was in. Being focused and taking a lot of heals? Demonic armor for bonus healing and armor. Not being focused? Fel armor for more damage. Locked out of shadow school, use searing pain, and in Cataclysm fel flame.

Old WoW had depth the modern version does not.
    nobody wants 50+ keybinds if I did I'd play FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    nobody wants 50+ keybinds if I did I'd play FFXIV
    You could play with far less back then. I had 54, IIRC, in Cataclysm, when I was 3100 in RBGs and 2700 in arenas. For PvP you would use a wider array of spells than you would doing PvE. For example I would put up detect invis and waterbreathing buffs before someone casted heroism to try and prevent purges of the buff. I had keybinds for individual demon summons because you might would summon different demons at different times, and then soul link to recast it. I had health funnel keybound. Back then you had a talent that would decrease your demon's damage taken when you cast health funnel on it that you took so warriors could not switch to the fel hunter, key it, and then leave you vulnerable without your 20% dmg reduction. You used banish to banish other warlock's pets to take away their damage reduction so they would be susceptible to dying easy. You had macros for devour magic where regular devour was your current target, shift devour was your healer, ctrl yourself, and alt your 3rd team mate. I had the same macro for spell lock on the enemy team positions.

In short, when you start to key bind possible devour and spell lock targets it took up a lot of space.

Pruning happened at the same time as other changes that result in unpruning make little sense unless other changes accompany them. For example, if you are operating under the model that classes should not bring unique buffs, should not have niche situational abilities, and should not have distinct strengths and weaknesses... what the hell is left to bring back? Nothing interesting, that's for sure. The problem was never the pruning itself. The problem was the change in philosophy that accompanied pruning.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady