Page 1 of 3
LastLast

EU - Is it possible to buy a physical STANDARD edition of Shadowlands?

I've also asked about this on Reddit, but can't seem to find an answer. Checking the Blizzard store, Amazong, GAME and even ShopTo here in the UK, I can't seem to find a standard physical copy of the Shadowlands expansion. I can easily find many, many out of stock COLLECTORS editions, but that's not what I'm after.

I'm looking for the simple box, for the normal version of the game to go with all of my other normal, standard versions of the game. Thanks in advance!

Erm...

They have 3 tiers for the digital copy and then the collectors edition.

https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...RoCnV0QAvD_BwE

The base edition. I'm from the UK and it's on there for me.

There is no boxed version, it's a digital affair.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Erm...

They have 3 tiers for the digital copy and then the collectors edition.

https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...RoCnV0QAvD_BwE

The base edition. I'm from the UK and it's on there for me.

There is no boxed version, it's a digital affair.
    So, exactly what I said - I've looked on the store, cannot find a PHYSICAL copy and I'd like to know if one is available. I don't think I've read a blue post saying that there isn't going to be one and considering there has always been one, it'd suck if they stopped making them now

3+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a PHYSICAL copy. Think of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    So, exactly what I said - I've looked on the store, cannot find a PHYSICAL copy and I'd like to know if one is available. I don't think I've read a blue post saying that there isn't going to be one and considering there has always been one, it'd suck if they stopped making them now
    If it is anything like the Americans it will be possible but difficult. Physical goods for pc games are getting rarer and rarer. While some stores carry a small quantity of them it is a far cry from it used to be.

Your best bet is to go to a specialty store and ask about ordering in a copy. They should get some but it will likely be rather limited.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    But if I take plastic from the outdoors and store it in my home, is that not the reverse of pollution? :P

I was gonna get one for collection purposes since I want to have all the set on my shelf. Just checked the stores and it looks like that's no longer possible. Meh.

yep. if you want a physical edition there is only CE i think.

places like mediamarkt always have "physical" copies. any place that has a physical BFA edition right now will have shadowlands too.

While it’s not being pushed or advertised I imagine stores like Walmart will eventually carry boxed standard editions that just include the key. I could be wrong though.

So, I put in a ticket (just waiting for someone saying I was wasting precious CS time), and this is the answer!

Hi there Zaxlor. I hope this finds you well.

I understand you've been having some trouble with figuring out what's going on with the standard edition physical copy of Shadowlands. I'm sorry that caused you problems!

We don't currently have any information about the future plans for Shadowlands physical editions. When the developers have information about that, they will make an annoucement and then we'll all know.

I know that this doesn't answer your question, and I'm sorry for not having that answer for you, but I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll that that news soon.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, and definitely let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Take care and be safe.
    So I think it's fairly safe to say that if you want a physical STANDARD copy of Shadowlands, there isn't going to be one! Which is a pity, but there you have it. At least not in the UK anyways. I know a few people have said they've spotted adverts for it in the US, but for me here in England, i'll be one less World of Warcraft box missing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    places like mediamarkt always have "physical" copies. any place that has a physical BFA edition right now will have shadowlands too.
    I imagine it varies per region so it's possible this isn't universally the case but keep in mind that nowadays a lot of places that have "physical" copies of games are just a decorative box with the license number and the URL to download the game inside. They might contain some product info or merch coupons, but the days where a physical edition of any game includes, like, a CD and a booklet are pretty much gone.

So even if one finds something that looks like a physical edition, it is very probably just a nice box with info on how to download the game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I imagine it varies per region so it's possible this isn't universally the case but keep in mind that nowadays a lot of places that have "physical" copies of games are just a decorative box with the license number and the URL to download the game inside. They might contain some product info or merch coupons, but the days where a physical edition of any game includes, like, a CD and a booklet are pretty much gone.

So even if one finds something that looks like a physical edition, it is very probably just a nice box with info on how to download the game.
    oh it definitely won't have a dvd(s) inside. honestly i think they just exist for people who don't have a creditcard/online banking yet, and maybe the occasional parent/aunt buying for a kid. last time i went there i think they still had those 60 days gametime cards too actually, that was quite the surprise.

Here in Portugal, in the last few years, it became really hard to find PC copies of any game. I remember midnight releases up to MoP and very few physical copies of WoD, even less Legion ones. BfA? I think I saw it in store once in 2 years or maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Why would you need a physical copy? It literally would be nothing but a piece of paper with your license key on it. That is all. Not even the CEs have phyiscal media in them anymore. Just a cardboard thing with the key and all the extra goodies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't find it on Amazon so going to assume its either a no or in super limited quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Why would you need a physical copy? It literally would be nothing but a piece of paper with your license key on it. That is all. Not even the CEs have phyiscal media in them anymore. Just a cardboard thing with the key and all the extra goodies.
    Why even make the collectors edition then? It's only real world stuff that you can't even use in-game! Why even make World of Warcraft? The time spent coding WoW could be used to curing cancer! I mean, really? If you're going to go that reductionist, at least go to the very bottom!

I wanted a physical edition, to go with all of my other physical editions. Sadly, it looks like they won't be making one, or at least not publishing it in Europe.

Some people like to decoare their shelves with stuff. Some like old books, some have extensive movie collections and some have games.
    All three I mentioned no longer need a physical version, but some still like to display things on the shelf.

- - - Updated - - -

Why even make the collectors edition then? It's only real world stuff that you can't even use in-game! Why even make World of Warcraft? The time spent coding WoW could be used to curing cancer! I mean, really? If you're going to go that reductionist, at least go to the very bottom!

I wanted a physical edition, to go with all of my other physical editions. Sadly, it looks like they won't be making one, or at least not publishing it in Europe.
    I suppose it is always possible to check if the EU Blizzard store has a physical standard edition. If not then there is always Amazon or similar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    You don't need to write unhelp comments either, but here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also asked about this on Reddit, but can't seem to find an answer. Checking the Blizzard store, Amazong, GAME and even ShopTo here in the UK, I can't seem to find a standard physical copy of the Shadowlands expansion. I can easily find many, many out of stock COLLECTORS editions, but that's not what I'm after.

I'm looking for the simple box, for the normal version of the game to go with all of my other normal, standard versions of the game. Thanks in advance!
    I contacted Blizzard about this as I also wanted a standard physical copy to sit on the shelf with all my other expansionsand they told me that Only the physical collectors edition will be sold. I had to buy a collectors edition unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive got the physical copies of vanilla and every expansion sat on my shelf in my gaming room and they look great along side other items of game & movie memorabilia that I have so that's the reason a lot of people a disappointed there's no standard physical edition this year.

worst case you can just print out some artwork and put it on a random dvd case.