Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    worst case you can just print out some artwork and put it on a random dvd case.
    The format of a WoW case is pretty unique, you would need to add that artwork on a reused WoW case or make your own custom one unless you want one of them to look out of place.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The format of a WoW case is pretty unique, you would need to add that artwork on a reused WoW case or make your own custom one unless you want one of them to look out of place.
    yeah and you need a high quality print too, and photoshop the artwork. it's a bit of a hassle but also something you will just eventually run into if you like to put stuff on shelves.

do they still do those cardboard boxes around the dvd case for wow? that might complicate it.

yeah and you need a high quality print too, and photoshop the artwork. it's a bit of a hassle but also something you will just eventually run into if you like to put stuff on shelves.

do they still do those cardboard boxes around the dvd case for wow? that might complicate it.
    Every single standard release of WoW, has had a cardboard sleeve with a fold-out/velco clasp front page. The only exception to this, was with BFA when the box was litterally a box with no fold-out front cover.

And now with Shadowlands it seems that unless you go the collectors route, there is no physical edition. A little bit annoying, but ah well!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulfrika View Post
    You don't need to write unhelp comments either, but here we are.
    It is helpful. I hope that someday, this kind of comment will help some people in this thread realize that building a little consumerist shrine to a video game is an absolute waste, bound to a landfill sooner or later.

WoW, did not think that they would stop releasing physical copies. I mean, I've noticed that BfA had a reduced design, which was extremely sad (and was kinda telling for the polishing of the expansion overall), but I hoped that this was a one time thing. Well, seems like it was just another step in an evolution...

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    WoW, did not think that they would stop releasing physical copies. I mean, I've noticed that BfA had a reduced design, which was extremely sad (and was kinda telling for the polishing of the expansion overall), but I hoped that this was a one time thing. Well, seems like it was just another step in an evolution...
    Physical copies are for cavemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Some people like to decoare their shelves with stuff. Some like old books, some have extensive movie collections and some have games.
    All three I mentioned no longer need a physical version, but some still like to display things on the shelf.
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Ive got the physical copies of vanilla and every expansion sat on my shelf in my gaming room and they look great along side other items of game & movie memorabilia that I have so that's the reason a lot of people a disappointed there's no standard physical edition this year.
    Then buy a collector's edition. Blizzard does not need to waste resources for your entitlement. You're literally saying they should make one because you want one for a superficial reason. If they still included install CDs/DVDs/BRDs thnen it would be one thing. But it is literally a box with a piece of cardboard that has a sticker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Why even make the collectors edition then? It's only real world stuff that you can't even use in-game! Why even make World of Warcraft? The time spent coding WoW could be used to curing cancer! I mean, really? If you're going to go that reductionist, at least go to the very bottom!

I wanted a physical edition, to go with all of my other physical editions. Sadly, it looks like they won't be making one, or at least not publishing it in Europe.
    Nice try at hyperbole. I will give you a B- for effort but your overall effectiveness is a D-. If you want a physical box, then you buy the one they decide to make. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    Physical copies are for cavemen.
    Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, hippie. Get back to your drum circle.

3+ Year Old Account
    *gather up guests in front of the World of Warcraft™ living room shelf*

*smiles smugly, sips wine*
    "Why yes, I do own a copy of every expansion pack of this video game with the elves and the anthropomorphic animals. This collection is my pride and joy"
    Last edited by tamarin; 2020-09-06 at 02:59 PM.

Long time ago, PC game developers intentionally put the disk in a super large box.
    The box is as big as a 5 lb cereal box.
    It is all about marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Long time ago, PC game developers intentionally put the disk in a super large box.
    The box is as big as a 5 lb cereal box.
    It is all about marketing.
    how did the 300 page manual help with the marketing though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Then buy a collector's edition. Blizzard does not need to waste resources for your entitlement. You're literally saying they should make one because you want one for a superficial reason. If they still included install CDs/DVDs/BRDs thnen it would be one thing. But it is literally a box with a piece of cardboard that has a sticker on it.
    I had to get the collectors edition this time. I'll not add to this as its clear you can't understand what we mean.

how did the 300 page manual help with the marketing though?
    It is not about the manual.
    It is the store shelf space.

It is like toilet paper.
    Because it is huge, when it is sold out, people freak out because of that huge area is empty.

Long time ago, there is "Battle Chest" for $20.
    It includes two outdated useless books.
    This is clearly marketing.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-09-06 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a bit sad that they stopped doing regular small boxes for game collections, those were very nicely made with very good preview pictures, but that's it; at least we have the previous ones to have and love

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    *gather up guests in front of the World of Warcraft™ living room shelf*

*smiles smugly, sips wine*
    "Why yes, I do own a copy of every expansion pack of this video game with the elves and the anthropomorphic animals. This collection is my pride and joy"
    <_< ... >_>
    *looks at my huge collection of collector's editions of multiple game series, statuettes and merch which I totally doesn't flaunt to my visitors and they actually enjoy looking at and questions me about*

Ion doesn't deserve you to buy physical copies of his games.

Too bad the collector's edition has nothing worth collecting in it ... oh look, yet another mouse pad and more pins.

10+ Year Old Account
    have you tried calling blizzard? Legit not being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    <_< ... >_>
    *looks at my huge collection of collector's editions of multiple game series, statuettes and merch which I totally doesn't flaunt to my visitors and they actually enjoy looking at and questions me about*
    I'm sorry, but what is this "visitors" thing you speak about? Are you saying you are letting other people into your sanctum?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm sorry, but what is this "visitors" thing you speak about? Are you saying you are letting other people into your sanctum?
    how else will you perform the rituals?