Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

New build, need some advice/input/ideas.

Hey guys

After the announcement of RTX 30' series, I am finally going to start a new build. My old PC is 6 years old and quite dated (Still runs beautifully though.) But I'll pass it on to my son so that we can game together

So I've got a list of components.

Corsair RM750x (2018)- 750 Watt - 135 mm - 80 Plus Gold certified

AMD Ryzen 5 4600X ( when it arrives )

ASUS Geforce RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC

G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 C16 DC - 16GB

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE Bundkort - AMD X570 - AMD AM4 socket - DDR4 RAM - ATX

Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black CPU Køler - Luftkøler - Max 24 dBA

Fractal Design Meshify C TG - Kabinet - Miditower - Sort

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 500GB

I would like input on compatibility, better performing components in terms of synergy and generel improvements / ideas.

Thanks a lot in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Corsair RM750x (2018)- 750 Watt - 135 mm - 80 Plus Gold certified
    Depends on the price.

AMD Ryzen 5 4600X ( when it arrives )
    Wait for benchmarks.

ASUS Geforce RTX 3080 ROG STRIX OC
    Wait for benchmarks.

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 500GB
    Buy 1GB version, or something cheaper that's SM2262 based with TLC memory.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Depends on the price.

Wait for benchmarks.

Wait for benchmarks.

Buy 1GB version, or something cheaper that's SM2262 based with TLC memory.
    It's not SUPER pricey, but not cheap either, might even go 850W.

Of course, will definitely check it out first.

I presume you mean 1 TB.
    Atm, I have 500 GB and it seems to be sufficient, however I have definitely considered the 1 TB.

It's not SUPER pricey, but not cheap either, might even go 850W.
    I mean that if the price is the more common one which is in the 110-120 euro range, I would look into other options. Corsair units in EU are quite overpriced.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Storage is dirt cheap right now, 1TB m.2 is the way to go to at least future proof for the next 2 years.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean that if the price is the more common one which is in the 110-120 euro range, I would look into other options. Corsair units in EU are quite overpriced.
    Yeah that's the current price.

Yeah that's the current price.
    Yea so look into CM MWE Gold or Seasonic Focus Gold (Plus). Or maybe even the RM of 2019.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea so look into CM MWE Gold or Seasonic Focus Gold (Plus). Or maybe even the RM of 2019.
    Hah, strangely enough..

They're all in the same price range around 950-1000 dkkr.. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yessss... Managed to get my RTX 3080, decided on buying the MSI Gaming X trio, as it had the highest clockrate of any of the aircooled cards.

Now I'm just waiting (im)patiently for the Ryzen 4000 series

Yessss... Managed to get my RTX 3080, decided on buying the MSI Gaming X trio, as it had the highest clockrate of any of the aircooled cards.

Now I'm just waiting (im)patiently for the Ryzen 4000 series
    well as Jay pointed out, those boost clocks are largely meaningless since GPU Boost 3.0 will automatically boost the card as high as it can go within the power and temp limits. Every card he's tested has hit the mid 1900's mhz. So at that point, the only differences you'll see will be based on the cooler and power delivery, and they're all going to land in the mid to high 1900s.

However, congrats on winning the 3080 lotto. I refreshed my pages at exactly 6pst, and most of them were already sold out. Got as far as hitting "add to cart" on NewwEgg, but it took 90 seconds to get to the cart ( they had more traffic than Black Friday, apparently( and by then it was too late.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    well as Jay pointed out, those boost clocks are largely meaningless since GPU Boost 3.0 will automatically boost the card as high as it can go within the power and temp limits. Every card he's tested has hit the mid 1900's mhz. So at that point, the only differences you'll see will be based on the cooler and power delivery, and they're all going to land in the mid to high 1900s.

However, congrats on winning the 3080 lotto. I refreshed my pages at exactly 6pst, and most of them were already sold out. Got as far as hitting "add to cart" on NewwEgg, but it took 90 seconds to get to the cart ( they had more traffic than Black Friday, apparently( and by then it was too late.
    Yeah I just watched that as well, however it did seem like it was extremely silent, which is quite nice.. Then I can hear the clickety click of my keyboard a bit more

But feelsbad in regards to not getting yours, fucking bots man...