Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe she can shake the anxiety and depression Thrall's going through and gift him some black armor like he used to wear in the golden days

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    You know we're talking about orcs, right?
    They are putting the emphasis on female. Not orcs. The first thing they mention every time is female and they rarely mention Orc.

Because Blizzard is fucking woke now, so there must be female representation.

This is the same Blizzard that removed Garrosh calling Sylvanas a bitch and censored their own game. They also changed the warlock spell "Enslave Demon" to "Subjugate Demon", because apparently having references to enslaving something in a video game is somehow racist or some shit

Meanwhile, they can't denounce gross human rights violations in China because they love that sweet Chinese cash

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They are putting the emphasis on female. Not orcs. The first thing they mention every time is female and they rarely mention Orc.
    Did you read what I wrote in reply to that post, it's as if you're trying to look for an argument or something

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Her video begins with her talking about protecting "what mattered most"".. next scene she already moved on.

Who cares if the stories are similar, now it just feels lacking.
    Because it sets up what maldraxxus is all about.

Surprise surprise a bunch of butt hurt men having to once again say its because Blizzard is now apparently woke and have to have female representation.

Look through your window from your comfy bedroom and you'll see there are in fact a lot of women around who are in multiple fields of importance.

It's not being woke, it's being real and stating the obvious instead of it just being male dominated and boring.

Why her? Why not? because it's interesting and we've hardly seen into that character and Thrall and her are going to have a story.

Only problem I have is them turning her from a warrior into a rogue. Picking Draka seems absolutely fine though. She protected what she had to in life and had no baggage moving on, which allows her to accept her fate and excel at it. Not everything needs to be a feminist conspiracy.
    RETH

Blizzard wants to push another boring female orc because they don't think that enough people cringed themselves to death during the Cata "goel" aggra fiasco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like you, I believe they chose Draka for Thrall. There has been a disconnexion in him. He has lost his way in AU Draenor. He needs to get back to his roots. What better way than to reconnect with his mother, who could get some of his confidence back? Being a shaman is also being in touch with the spirits of the ancestors. He's in the right place for that. I expect we will see him regain his powers during a patch. He could meet his mother. He could connect with the spirits in Ardenweald. He could get rid of his guilt in Revendreth. I don't know what he could do in Bastion... Maybe abandon his self-pity?
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I also thought Draka was a bit of an odd choice. But it's not because she's a woman. If you think it's because she's a woman, you're just a piece of shit. Period, plain and simple. It's because compared to people like Uther, Ysera, and Kael'thas, Draka has had considerably less exposure and significance as a character within World of Warcraft.

The fact that Thrall is in the Shadowlands makes it a bit more sensible. Obviously, they need to meet and have a moment. And it'll either be a curt and awkward moment that's purely for Thrall, or it'll be a moment that never really ends until the expansion's over, purely for Thrall. As much hope as I want to have in Blizzard's storytelling, Thrall is... not a character I have much hope in. Hopefully, they'll surprise me.

All in all, there certainly are more notable characters that they could've put in Draka's place, and while I dearly hope that she's not just going to ultimately become a prop for Thrall to talk around, I'm really hoping that they utilize her in an interesting and compelling way. Her Afterlives short did not give me much to hope for, but I'm still looking forward to what the writers do, regardless.
    How about you take a chill pill and accept that blizzard chose a female cause they are woke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

If all you ever see is hidden racism and sexism, the problem is with your brain, not anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    If all you ever see is hidden racism and sexism, the problem is with your brain, not anyone else's.
    Nothign is hidden. When you put the emphasis on race, gender, orientation when you are articulating a problem you have, that makes you racist, sexist and bigoted. Otherwise, there is no need to put an emphasis on those things since it is irrelevant. It seems to me that the hidden racism and sexism is coming from you because you refuse to see what is clearly shown. Read this quote and tell me the sexism is hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    How about you take a chill pill and accept that blizzard chose a female cause they are woke.
    Exhibit A of sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Surprise surprise a bunch of butt hurt men having to once again say its because Blizzard is now apparently woke and have to have female representation.

Look through your window from your comfy bedroom and you'll see there are in fact a lot of women around who are in multiple fields of importance.

It's not being woke, it's being real and stating the obvious instead of it just being male dominated and boring.

Why her? Why not? because it's interesting and we've hardly seen into that character and Thrall and her are going to have a story.
    There are a million better orc characters or female characters who had real weight to their history in the world and made more sense for Maldraxxus. But Draka is both, so yes, she was chosen for representation and to continue Thrall's journey of detoxifying his masculinity.

You could have had the same cinematic with Mankrik's wife and reunite her with Mankrik, and it wouldn't be that much different. That's why not Draka. She's that level of character.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well, he met his alternate mother on Draenor and nothing really happened. he couldn't tell them who he was.
    What a mess this game is. So, she was alive in Draenor, but not in the shadowlands on the main timeline. But, unless there is a shadowlands for each, her anima shouldn't be on the alive one and the dead one at the same time.

I like Draenor, but it screws up the story so much. XD

Anyways, on topic, yes. Drakka seems to be in to give Thrall some story. It's kind of shoehorned in an "in the nose" manner.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-04 at 11:02 PM.

So you think the lore being being centered mostly around female characters for the last several expansions isn't intentional?

I couldn't care less if every main character in the game from this point on is a female, in fact Jaina and Talanji are my two favorite characters in WoW right now, and it's not close. Draka however??? Who cares about Draka? there are a million different characters that would have made much more sense. Guess what though??? They're all males, doesn't fit their agenda...

What do you guys think? What should we expect?
    Another dull storyline that ends with nothing.

Nothign is hidden. When you put the emphasis on race, gender, orientation when you are articulating a problem you have, that makes you racist, sexist and bigoted. Otherwise, there is no need to put an emphasis on those things since it is irrelevant.
    Right, Anyone who discusses race, gender, orientation while articulating a problem they have is a bigot.
    @christieGolden
    Mar 8, 2018
    Thrall also embodies non-toxic masculinity and he founded the Azeroth Horde!

Right, Anyone who discusses race, gender, orientation while articulating a problem they have is a bigot.
    @christieGolden
    Mar 8, 2018
    Thrall also embodies non-toxic masculinity and he founded the Azeroth Horde!
    This isn't discussing race or gender. They are outright stating their probem is because the character is female and then accuse Blizzard of a SJW agenda. That is textbook sexism. Your post is a textbook example of a sexist trying to insist he wasn't being a sexist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    So you think the lore being being centered mostly around female characters for the last several expansions isn't intentional?

I couldn't care less if every main character in the game from this point on is a female, in fact Jaina and Talanji are my two favorite characters in WoW right now, and it's not close. Draka however??? Who cares about Draka? there are a million different characters that would have made much more sense. Guess what though??? They're all males, doesn't fit their agenda...
    So what? Why does it matter what the gender of the character the expansions are centered around? By your absurd logic, Blizzard was on a sexist agenda for only centering around male characters. Funny how you never had a problem with that. Oh right, you have no problem with anything as long as the character is male. The only agenda here is your sexist agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a million better orc characters or female characters who had real weight to their history in the world and made more sense for Maldraxxus. But Draka is both, so yes, she was chosen for representation and to continue Thrall's journey of detoxifying his masculinity.

You could have had the same cinematic with Mankrik's wife and reunite her with Mankrik, and it wouldn't be that much different. That's why not Draka. She's that level of character.
    So an irrelevant character is not different from the mother of a Horde Warchief? Your post is completely false.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Why would I want to be a piece of shit?

It's so easy for me not to be. I'd rather actually use my brain than give it over to Twitter.

I established my thoughts. There are reasons why Draka is an odd pick. "Because woman" is not one.

This isn't discussing race or gender. They are outright stating their probem is because the character is female and then accuse Blizzard of a SJW agenda. That is textbook sexism. Your post is a textbook example of a sexist trying to insist he wasn't being a sexist.

- - - Updated - - -

So what? Why does it matter what the gender of the character the expansions are centered around? By your absurd logic, Blizzard was on a sexist agenda for only centering around male characters. Funny how you never had a problem with that. Oh right, you have no problem with anything as long as the character is male. The only agenda here is your sexist agenda.
    The game is about war. It's in its very name. Go ahead and tell me how whole armies of women have gone to war while men sat at home knitting. Keep throwing your SJW words around and not accepting reality. Your bubble will burst eventually.