Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The game is about war. It's in its very name. Go ahead and tell me how whole armies of women have gone to war while men sat at home knitting. Keep throwing your SJW words around and not accepting reality. Your bubble will burst eventually.
    Umm, you realize that in game, and real life, women are involved in war and fighting, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    You could have had the same cinematic with Mankrik's wife and reunite her with Mankrik, and it wouldn't be that much different. That's why not Draka. She's that level of character.
    Ah yes, Draka, the orc who was outcast as a child due to being too weak, to have shame from her family and clan, to grow up and learn to become a fierce warrior and equal of Durotan, the frostwolf cheiftan. To have a child who is arguably the most famous and best Warchief the horde has ever had is equal to.........Mankrik the barrens quest giver and his wife.... ok mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Ah yes, Draka, the orc who was outcast as a child due to being too weak, to have shame from her family and clan, to grow up and learn to become a fierce warrior and equal of Durotan, the frostwolf cheiftan. To have a child who is arguably the most famous and best Warchief the horde has ever had is equal to.........Mankrik the barrens quest giver and his wife.... ok mate.
    Right? I swear people are just complaining simply to complain. I’ve seen a person literally post her backstory and ask how that makes her a warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Umm, you realize that in game, and real life, women are involved in war and fighting, don’t you?
    What about that war women single handedly won that you were going to tell me about.

Draka was picked because she was the only half relevant, dead female character in the game. End of story.

This has nothing to do with sexism. But apparently you can't voice your opinion around here without someone virtue signaling to gain SWJ points.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2020-09-04 at 01:25 PM.

I don't think Draka should have been one of the 4 but it isn't the end of the world. After Uther, Kael thas and Cenarius, Draka just feels a bit out of place, might be just my opinion but yeah, no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    In other words there's nothing to her other being Durotan's wife and Thrall's mom. Great character choice though.

The game is about war. It's in its very name. Go ahead and tell me how whole armies of women have gone to war while men sat at home knitting. Keep throwing your SJW words around and not accepting reality. Your bubble will burst eventually.
    You are aware that women didn't go to war because they were prohibited by the government right? You are also aware that women currently fight in the US millitary right? The only thing bursting here is your massive sexism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    I don't think Draka should have been one of the 4 but it isn't the end of the world. After Uther, Kael thas and Cenarius, Draka just feels a bit out of place, might be just my opinion but yeah, no biggie.
    That is fine. The issue is people here are mad simply because she is a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Her video begins with her talking about protecting "what mattered most"".. next scene she already moved on.

Who cares if the stories are similar, now it just feels lacking.
    People move on after long periods of time, it is normal.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    People move on after long periods of time, it is normal.
    Keyword being "long" periods of time.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is fine. The issue is people here are mad simply because she is a female.
    Bit weird considering all the other 3 are male lmao.

Well she did die when Thrall was a baby...

What about that war women single handedly won that you were going to tell me about.

Draka was picked because she was the only half relevant, dead female character in the game. End of story.

This has nothing to do with sexism. But apparently you can't voice your opinion around here without someone virtue signaling to gain SWJ points.
    What war have men single handedly won? Are you saying women who maintained the household and kept the villages going while the men were away, before women were active willing participants, didn’t contribute in any single way?
    There are also plenty of females they could pick from. Just a quick search:
    Brigitte Abbendia
    Amber Kearnan
    Anessa
    Azuka Bladefury
    Griselda Blackhand
    These are just the ones on the list I looked at that have a background as a fighter before I got tired of looking thru the list at the letter B.
    Your last part is laughable. You state it has nothing to do with sexism but just before that you put that she was used because she’s female. If it didn’t have to do with sexism then the fact that it’s a female character shouldn’t matter to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Bit weird considering all the other 3 are male lmao.
    When they want them all to be male be them and that they can only be male, it is a huge problem for them.

Besides the cinematic itself being boring as fuck
    Draka herself isnt the problem in this cinematic.

The problem is they take a character noone gives a shit about(could have been a boy or a girl, doesnt matter) and ACT like its someone we are emotionally invested in while not presenting a single thread of anything we can get invested in emotionally because everything that happens in the cinematic has no build up.

"Here is Draka folks. She is in maldraxxus fighting some nameless undead people. Now she cares for maldraxxus for some unexplicable reason. Also she is a key".
    ^^ this is basicly the cinematic

once again. Its an extremely bad cinematic, not because of draka or her being a female. Simply because the cinematic has no build up and we have no emotional investment in what happens. There is literally nothing to be excited for.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

It should have been Warlord Zaela!

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What war have men single handedly won? Are you saying women who maintained the household and kept the villages going while the men were away, before women were active willing participants, didn’t contribute in any single way?
    There are also plenty of females they could pick from. Just a quick search:
    Brigitte Abbendia
    Amber Kearnan
    Anessa
    Azuka Bladefury
    Griselda Blackhand
    These are just the ones on the list I looked at that have a background as a fighter before I got tired of looking thru the list at the letter B.
    Your last part is laughable. You state it has nothing to do with sexism but just before that you put that she was used because she’s female. If it didn’t have to do with sexism then the fact that it’s a female character shouldn’t matter to you.
    I think the argument he is making is that its weird to use a character who noone really have any investment in as opposed to the 20 or so orc warriors who could just as easily have been featured but actually did a lot of things that we know about, and that people are invested in. Leaving some to believe it can only be because they wanted a women instead of a man on the cover and there are really no interesting orc women to pick from.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

I really don't get the hate that this is getting. There's no problem using Draka. Not every character we meet has to be this massively relevant huge lore character. Obviously they wanted to do something with an emotional hook for Thrall. Using the dude's mother as a storytelling element seems like a pretty natural choice.

I 100% believe Draka got picked because she's a female. Not other reason. They could have picked Broxigar, Garrosh, Blackhand, Doomhammer, Varian, Durotan, Lothar, Teron Gorefiend. I could be listing more interesting dead characters for ages.
    Well anyone who died after "the machine broke", likely not long after Arthas' defeat in Wrath, would be stuck in the Maw for the time being and not be in Maldraxxus for us to meet.

Well she died when he was only hours old and time is strange in the Shadowlands. We will find out exactly how long it has been soon enough. Though even still as a warrior defending herself and her new allies that would keep her mind off anything for now I would say.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I think the argument he is making is that its weird to use a character who noone really have any investment in as opposed to the 20 or so orc warriors who could just as easily have been featured but actually did a lot of things that we know about, and that people are invested in. Leaving some to believe it can only be because they wanted a women instead of a man on the cover and there are really no interesting orc women to pick from.
    I listed an Orc female specifically for that reason with Blackhand. There was also the 4 from BRF: Ka’graz and the Iron Maidens. Hagara the Stormbinder from DS.
    It doesn’t even need to be an Orc which would open it up more.
    Blizzard made a choice. Maybe their choice was directly made to be someone we don’t know much about to actually bring that person in the forefront and make them more known, instead of retreading old ground.
    He also has specifically stated in multiple posts about it being a woman. Who cares Blizzard chose a woman? Blizzard is obviously trying to branch out and make characters, new and old, to represent and appeal to players of every walk of life, and there are people on mmo-c that are so close minded they complain about it like it’s a personal affront to them.