Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ARs are dumb. I still have one of each since there's achievements for maxing them. Weirdo furry memes aside, Vulpera are a race to appeal to female players, which we can always use more of. Tie this in with the customization options and some of the more interesting characters in SL, and you will see the reason Vulpera are there is to further the "inclusiveness" agenda - Which, while somewhat needed, needs to be done properly.

Agree with a previous poster, all Blizz had to do was sprinkle a bit of more lore on them to make them feel less vapid and hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    ARs are dumb. I still have one of each since there's achievements for maxing them. Weirdo furry memes aside, Vulpera are a race to appeal to female players, which we can always use more of. Tie this in with the customization options and some of the more interesting characters in SL, and you will see the reason Vulpera are there is to further the "inclusiveness" agenda - Which, while somewhat needed, needs to be done properly.

Agree with a previous poster, all Blizz had to do was sprinkle a bit of more lore on them to make them feel less vapid and hollow.
    I dont think they appeal to girls that much, my girlfriend laughed out loud when she saw me show one ingame. I think they're hollow and lack personality, and blizzard rolling with the uWu where they literally lick you in quest text doesn't help
    Last edited by Overlordd; 2020-09-04 at 10:17 AM.

A race designed for furries and people who are children on the mental level.
    These people also happen to be the biggest paypigs, so no wonder Blizz caters to them.

No one in the Alliance would be complaining if they have gotten the Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw what would be wrong with Furbolgs or Gnolls?
    They would've been a better choice. A far better choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    No one in the Alliance would be complaining if they have gotten the Vulpera.
    Probably cause Alliance accepted their fate with worgen xD

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Ah of course; yet another Overlordd thread.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    A race designed for furries and people who are children on the mental level.
    These people also happen to be the biggest paypigs, so no wonder Blizz caters to them.
    I agree but I wouldn't call them children or insult them, but its clear they were trying to rake in the crowd from deviantart

i dont, and always shake my head in disgust everytime i see one

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    i dont, and always shake my head in disgust everytime i see one
    I dont get how they were added to the Horde before Ogres. It's an insult to every RTS veteran!

Somewhat blood elves, a "don't touch my hair" / "let our gfs play hordie" race seems to be far more outlandish choice for the Horde, but sure, a furry, nomadic race of underdogs that instead of cattle is based on foxes is where the line had been crossed.

How? For me personally, it's hard to really articulate what it is I like so much about vulpera. Part of it is that I generally really enjoy animal-like races in fantasy settings when they're presented correctly, and for as little a spotlight as vulpera have sort of been given, I think they're really good, one of the best things to come out of BFA, in my opinion.

Right from the start of Vol'dun, the Vulpera put their best foot forward with Nisha, in establishing their place in the zone and what their main characters would be like, and they only really got better in my eyes as more of the main vulpera cast got introduced. Just the general idea of these small intelligent creatures just living the lives they eked out for themselves, avoiding/fighting slavery, and trying to make the best out of what the desert offers them, really appealed to me. As an RPer, I wanted to make one and just have fun with the concept. I also think their models are really well-designed, even if they use the goblin(?) skeleton.

Of course, there are people who get a little weird with it. But that's their business, and I'm not a part of any of that with the characters that I play as. People say that vulpera don't belong in Warcraft. Ehhh, I disagree. I think they're a fine-enough addition. Their lore is minor enough that someone like me, who really enjoys making characters and thinking about their stories, can have a lot of fun with the concept.

Disliking vulpera is understandable, and I won't argue that you should like them. Personally, I've gotten really fucking sick of orcs during MoP and WoD and I still haven't warmed back up to them years later. We all have things about the game and its races and its setting that we don't like. And that's fine. I'm not an asshole about it, though. I find that it's really really easy to not be an asshole. But maybe that's just me.

But yeah, long story short, I take vulpera seriously because as an RPer and storyteller, they're an open book with a sound background that I like a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Look man, I agree these comic relief and cute things are just silly, but Blizzard is all about money. And they like to cater to the biggest possible audience. And there are people who like to play the silly and/or cute stuff. So it's not for you and me and that's that. Just something to accept and move on with your life.

Or you can make threads on mmo-c and let the hatred flow through you. That's good too.
    I think its beautiful how triggered and "offensive" people can be about this stuff.

There are people who like them. And people that don't. Goblins, gnomes or even Tauren are not much different tbh.

Considering blizz will never remove them from the game. I would suggest people to learn to live with it. That or quit the game.

Seem find to me, not everything needs to be some edgelord race.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I seriously can't anymore. These little Furballs are a straight copycat of ratchet and clank. How can you even look at this race and think "yep this is what we needed in Warcraft, a race that looks like they're trying to bring the PEGI rating down to +3"

Imagine playing Warcraft 3, hearing a Shaman say "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEAD MY CALL", a warrior that command the elemental powers of nature, and now you see these furbags doing the same.

If Gnomes weren't already a joke race... they make Vulpera...
    I refuse to believe these races weren't solely created to pull in people who browse deviantart, because they clearly look like the biggest fan service ever.

And now they even xan be a death knight?
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all. Might aswell just add Furbolgs, Murlocs and Gnolms aswell.
    I take them about as seriously as a game with forest Elves that control Arcane magic. I take them about as seriously as Humans that can have portals made for them to go wherever they want but mount on giant flying machines instead. I take them about as seriously as interplanetary traveling Orcs that were once enslaved to demons.
    It’s a game. You don’t have to enjoy every aspect. You’re complaining about a small fragment of a detail in a video game set on a planet involving time travel, alternate dimensions, differing layers of gods, and pop culture references. There are bigger things to be concerned over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I take them about as seriously as a game with forest Elves that control Arcane magic. I take them about as seriously as Humans that can have portals made for them to go wherever they want but mount on giant flying machines instead. I take them about as seriously as interplanetary traveling Orcs that were once enslaved to demons.
    It’s a game. You don’t have to enjoy every aspect. You’re complaining about a small fragment of a detail in a video game set on a planet involving time travel, alternate dimensions, differing layers of gods, and pop culture references. There are bigger things to be concerned over.
    https://imgur.com/a/72DSjfX

Yes they're very serious UwU

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    If a shaman yelled, "STORM EARTH AND FIRE, HEED MY CALL" shouldn't a pandaren roll up first? Not a vulpera dk. Just saying. Btw, who's Pegi? Is her last name Sue? We have goats from space, cows that talk, pandas, but large rabbits is where you draw the line?
    Did you just copy+paste a reply from when people were complaining about the Virmen from MoP?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP skipped Pandaria with disgruntled crossed arms, harumph.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    the way you take goblins seriously

I get the feeling the OP is one of those people who obsesses more about the furry fandom than furries do themselves.

In a sea of other silly shit, why does it matter? We have talking turtles/cows, dragons, other magical shit.
    Seems like a waste of energy to dislike/hate something so insignificant..