Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands Beta - How to Swap Covenants

Shadowlands Beta - How to Swap Covenants
    Which Covenant to join is the single most important choice you will make in Shadowlands at endgame, but the latest update to the beta has shed even more light on the steps needed to switch Covenants and how to return to one that you have already left. As stated in the past, joining a new Covenant is easy, but returning will involve a lot more work.

Switching to a New Covenant
    Leaving your current Covenant to join a different one is easy. All you have to do is find The Enclave in Oribos where the representatives of each Covenant resides. Speak to the emissary of the Covenant you wish to join, and navigate through the dialogue prompts. There are four prompts before the emissary will believe you to be sincere and allow you to switch. At this point, you are officially switched over and given the first campaign quest for your new Covenant.

Rejoining a Covenant
    Deciding to return to a Covenant that you have left is a much more involved task. When you speak to the emissary, you will not be able to simple navigate the dialogue prompts and return as you did with a new Covenant. Instead, the emissary will say that the Covenant has not taken your betrayal lightly and you must prove your sincerity. You are then given a quest called "Prove Your Worth." This requires you to complete 8 world quests in the zone that the Covenant resides in while also completing tasks there to fill a bar.

There is usually a max of 4 world quests up at a time in each zone (5 if you have War Mode on and the PvP quest is in the zone for the day). This means that you cannot finish this quest on the same day that you pick it up unless you start it that morning before world quests reset. The bar fill portion involves killing rares or dungeon bosses from that zone. Currently, rares give 6%, world quests give 8%, and dungeon bosses provide 12% towards filling the bar.

This is not the only step needed to rejoin the Covenant, however. When you turn this quest in, the emissary will tell you that you have taken your first steps towards rejoining their ranks, but more time is needed to access your case. They ask you to "return at a later date." This is currently where it stands on beta and we have yet to receive a new task. This could be due to it not being implemented yet or because the "return at a later date" requires an amount of time that hasn't passed yet.

Last edited by Stoy; 2020-09-05 at 11:56 PM.

Covenant isnt is war each other, we help all covenants, everyone want us in their ranks because we can go in and out maw

But if we leave their ranks and want to come back they just accept if we do some flavor tasks, nice RPG lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Covenant isnt is war each other, we help all covenants, everyone want us in their ranks because we can go in and out maw

But if we leave their ranks and want to come back they just accept if we do some flavor tasks, nice RPG lmao
    Blizzard has a habit of not wanting to admit defeat, they have a vision of how they want their systems to work and they're very stubborn about it

How ids it a betrayal to switch covenants when they aren't opposing forces? This whole piss poor system makes no sense. If you are going to fabricate a reason to screw the players, at least justify it with story. We are meant to be heroes to all 4 covenants. So we are meant to believe that the other 3, who exist because of our heroics, are upset that we were MORE heroic to the other one. They are the afterlife Karen societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    How ids it a betrayal to switch covenants when they aren't opposing forces? This whole piss poor system makes no sense. If you are going to fabricate a reason to screw the players, at least justify it with story. We are meant to be heroes to all 4 covenants. So we are meant to believe that the other 3, who exist because of our heroics, are upset that we were MORE heroic to the other one. They are the afterlife Karen societies.
    Pretty sure actual oaths are involved, aren't they? So you're an oathbreaker if you leave. They're allowed to care about that.

Good. They need to keep this and put an end to this "Why can't I be the best at everything all the time" horseshit.

Think of it as trying to regain citizenship of a country after you've renounced it. I needs to be that hard really, with multiple layers of visa petitions and legal fees.

8 world quests? Bunch of casuals.

What I don't see people talking about, and is much more concerning to me, is why the world quests seem drastically reduced. Like, why? Let them be 10 a day per zone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    What I don't see people talking about, and is much more concerning to me, is why the world quests seem drastically reduced. Like, why? Let them be 10 a day per zone or something.
    Are they higher quality instead of just recycling a leveling quest or labeling a rare as a "world quest"?

Yikes, so not only is it gonna be a massive grind it's also going to be time gated.

I know they'll revert this in 9.1 or 9.2 but man the expansion is gonna be hilariously trash before that.

Literally no sense playing a hybrid or trying to take part in more than one aspect of the game. It's shocking to me how Blizzard makes the same retarded mistakes over and over and never learn from it, it's almost impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Think of it as trying to regain citizenship of a country after you've renounced it. I needs to be that hard really, with multiple layers of visa petitions and legal fees.

8 world quests? Bunch of casuals.
    It's clearly more than just 8 world quests. If you read the whole post you'd know that. We don't yet know all the requirements for swapping.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post

Wait so you’re suggesting that just because they have similar end goals it doesn’t make sense for them to take umbrage with people who jump teams? Like that’s not something that actually happens in the real world where even groups under the same banner still value team loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yikes, so not only is it gonna be a massive grind it's also going to be time gated.

I know they'll revert this in 9.1 or 9.2 but man the expansion is gonna be hilariously trash before that.

Literally no sense playing a hybrid or trying to take part in more than one aspect of the game. It's shocking to me how Blizzard makes the same retarded mistakes over and over and never learn from it, it's almost impressive.
    How is doing 8 world quests and a few dungeons a massive grind? This requirement is actually far less than I expected when they said switching covenants wouldn't be easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    How is doing 8 world quests and a few dungeons a massive grind? This requirement is actually far less than I expected when they said switching covenants wouldn't be easy.
    Two days of questing, plus some rares, and at least 1-2 dungeons in the zone is just step one. We don't know what the rest of it is. "Later date" usually refers to a week in WoW terms, so it's still going to be annoying if they buff/nerf them through out the expansion.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, the bullshit system that people have been preemptively complaining about is full of arbitrary bullshit to reduce player agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Two days of questing, plus some rares, and at least 1-2 dungeons in the zone is just step one. We don't know what the rest of it is. "Later date" usually refers to a week in WoW terms, so it's still going to be annoying if they buff/nerf them through out the expansion.
    What people complaining isnt the difficult to come back to covenant, is that you lost all your progression if you come back
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Wait so you’re suggesting that just because they have similar end goals it doesn’t make sense for them to take umbrage with people who jump teams? Like that’s not something that actually happens in the real world where even groups under the same banner still value team loyalty.
    If these real world groups were literally faced with an existencial threat and allowing some new guy go back and forth between them would significantly increase their chances of survival, they wouldn't give a toss about oaths or loyalty.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-06 at 01:45 AM.

It's called....Pick wisely....if u dont, there are consequences.... i like this. way to go Blizzard!

DO research,... don't blindly pick one based on the masses....Look up each one, weigh the pros and cons....

Covenants are the sole reason I am never touching Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    It's clearly more than just 8 world quests. If you read the whole post you'd know that. We don't yet know all the requirements for swapping.
    Yes, I know. I was being facetious.

Please send your concerns to the following address: