Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Official Blizzard Poll - Choose the Next Shadowlands Mount

Official Blizzard Poll - Choose the Next Shadowlands Mount
    Blizzard has posted a poll asking the community to vote on a mount to be handed out to everyone in Q1 2021 who has Shadowlands activated on their account in thanks for being these uncertain times! (The Polls are currently experiencing high volume, so it may take a few minutes to successfully load the pages)

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This year we’ve been all called upon to overcome many things, and we’re ever grateful to you—our community—for being with us each step of the way during these uncertain times. In that spirit of unity, and as a token of our appreciation, we want to collaborate with everyone who owns Shadowlands to create a mount that you can ride across the realms of the afterlife.

Vote here by September 18 at 3:00 p.m. PDT to choose which mount you’d like for us to create. When the polls close, we’ll tally up each region’s results to determine which is the fan favorite. Please note that there are several polls from different regions, so make sure yours is counted in the correct region!

Making a Mount Together
    Our artists have kicked things off by coming up with concepts for five unique mounts for you to choose between. Now it’s time for your part—pick your favorite from the poll linked above and below; the highest number of votes internationally will be crowned the winning choice and our artists will begin working on making your choice a reality.

• Wandering Ancient – Not all ancients are interested in war or lore, some just want to travel the world! A large and leafy mount, the Wandering Ancient invites you to climb aboard and grab ahold of its branches as you embark on a lumbering expedition.
    • Soaring Spelltome – In the forgotten depths of the Dalaran library, this oversized tome was found flapping madly around the room. Open the pages of this arcane-infused book and hitch a ride to magical adventure.
    • Nerubian Swarmer – When the Helm of Domination shattered, the Nerubians under the control of the Lich King were unleashed. Some were captured by the Argent Crusade and turned by their allies in the Ebon Blade. Now their spidery claws are put to use as mounts, skittering through the frozen tundra of Icecrown in pursuit of the rampaging undead.
    • Curious Caterpillar – A curious caterpillar found its way to the Heartland in Valley of the Four Winds one night and gorged itself on the oversized vegetables. The Pandaren of Halfhill awoke the next morning to find the crops half-eaten and an enormous, slumbering caterpillar among them. Too large to become a butterfly, this friendly worm is just the right size to train as a mount.
    • Gooey Slimesaber – From the slime pools of Plaguefall emerged all manner of jellied creature, including this sticky kitty. A slimy saber cat that’s dripping with ooze, it’s the kind of mount that you’re going to want to wear gloves for.

Once our artists finish making the mount ready to ride, it will be added to the Mount Collection tab in Q1 2021 for every player with Shadowlands activated on their account. Polls will remain open for two weeks before we close them on September 18 at 3:00 p.m. PDT, so be sure to pick your favorite before then! Do take note that there are several polls from different regions to support our players around the world, and your region’s poll results will only reflect the votes counted in your region.

Mount names and descriptions are in development and subject to change.
    Last edited by Stoy; 2020-09-04 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool to see reference art to them.

Voting the soaring spelltome myself.

Pick the Nerubian you fools.

Interesting approach. I wonder if the others will make it to the cash shop or come out later. Think I’m going with the Slimesaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Would be cool to see reference art to them.

Voting the soaring spelltome myself.
    I'm going to agree. It would help if we could see some of this reference art. :P

Gotta go with the Nerubian. Tome sounds kinda meh, ancient seems cool but gimmicky and would probably become boring before long, catterpillar is meh to me and we already have a gazillion cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Pick the Nerubian you fools.
    Haha wouldn't the Nerubian just be a reskinned Blood Tick which we already have 2 of?

I picked the Wandering Ancient myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Haha wouldn't the Nerubian just be a reskinned Blood Tick which we already have 2 of?

I picked the Wandering Ancient myself!
    Would be hard to say. That's why we need concept art. :P

Wandering Ancient could just as well be a Gronnling reuse by that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Yeah, but that would be the first Plant mount. Even if I love nerubians, I'm going for the Ancient cause that would be refreshing , no variation of X spiders mounts, cat mount, carpet or disc mount, or else

5+ Year Old Account
    Ancient or slime cat for me.

The tree cant fly (i guess) but the saber might,do we know if these are only ground or some are ground some are flying? plz think before you vote :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Not particularly.

Have you looked at the Nerubian swarmers outside Valiance Keep in Borean Tundra? They aren't even much of a reskin to the blood ticks. They look just like them.

The Wandering Ancient would obviously not walk on its hands or have legs like a Gronnling so I doubt the skeleton would even be the same.

The Spelltome seems like the only flyer. Making it the obvious choice

Man, having a Wandering Ancient *would be so great*

Vote correctly, friends!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh this is pretty awesome and unexpected. I think the Ancient and Book mounts will be the most unique so one of those two will get my vote

Soaring Spelltome oversized book seems kinda strange i can't see myself usuing this on any of my alt of every class.
    Nerubian Swarmer we already have this - spidery flying things that look repulsive (yeah they are kinda alright if you are into this) .
    Curious Caterpillar im up for this not sure im going to use it though, if it's a new model and mesh there can be more snake/caterpillar like mounts.
    Gooey Slimesaber - another recolored sabertooth, i mean it's fine i guess.
    Wandering Ancient - LARGE and leafy mount? we dont really have treant mount, maybe this one is going to be really cool, also druids gonna be happy.

So i guess Wandering Ancient (large and lore friendly, fit for a class) or Curious Caterpillar (new model and new mesh for other caterpillar like mounts)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Not particularly.

Have you looked at the Nerubian swarmers outside Valiance Keep in Borean Tundra? They aren't even much of a reskin to the blood ticks. They look just like them.

The Wandering Ancient would obviously not walk on its hands or have legs like a Gronnling so I doubt the skeleton would even be the same.
    Nerubian Swarmers are

Though? Nerubian Flyers are the ones that look like the Blood Beasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    The tree cant fly (i guess) but the saber might,do we know if these are only ground or some are ground some are flying? plz think before you vote :P
    Think they're all ground based.

how can there be pictures when they stated they will be starting on it after the poll.
    maybe just scribbled together some ideas during lunch break today.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    how can there be pictures when they stated they will be starting on it after the poll.
    maybe just scribbled together some ideas during lunch break today.
    Fairly sure the 'starting on it' part refers to the 3D models.

For a concept to be created you need, well, concept art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went with Wandering Ancient after using a coin toss. I wish there'd been better choices offered.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn