The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

Tier 15 Shaman set can't be completed with Enhancement loot spec

Currently the Throne of Thunder Tier 15 Regalia of the Witch Doctor can't be completed with an Enhancement loot spec. I just needed the chest piece off of Animus to complete the tier set (heroic in my case). Under my Appearances tab, it showed that I could complete it with either of 2 pieces of armor: Hauberk of the Witch Doctor or Tunic of the Witch Doctor. Both show to be "Vendor" sales which means that it will be a class token drop off of Animus. It didn't register with me that it should have shown 3 chest pieces; 1 for each spec. So I took my Elemental shaman in and didn't get the correct token to drop of the 3 that Animus did drop (2 Vanquisher and 1 Conquerer).

Next up is my other Shaman, who is Enhancement spec. Animus did drop 1 Protector token and I clicked it expecting my chat to say "Regalia of the Witch Doctor completed". Instead I got a "Cuirass of the Witch Doctor has been added to your appearance collection". I checked the set tab and sure enough, the set is not completed. You can only complete it with the Restoration robe or the Elemental robe. It won't complete with the Enhancement chest piece since it is a short jerkin appearance. I have never seen it mentioned anywhere that you have to be in Restoration or Elemental loot spec to complete the set. I sent in a bg report since this seems really screwed up. So next week, back into ToT with caster loot specs!

10+ Year Old Account
    This sucks, but I don't think this would be considered a bug. For whatever reason, the enhancement set has a different model on the chest piece; I remember thinking it was weird back when Throne was current content. If you wanted the "robe" appearance (which is what the tier set officially displays), I would think you would have had to get the piece with loot spec as ele or resto since enh is going to result in the regular chest piece model.

I suppose in an ideal world, "learning" the tier piece would give both appearances, but I am not sure this qualifies as a bug rather than an unfortunate side effect of the "set" having the robe appearance which is only available to two specs. Blizzard probably didn't consider weird sets like this where some of the pieces look different depending on the spec, but to be somewhat fair, I can't think of any other set in the game that work like this, so it's some weird edge case.

Good luck though on your ticket, because that is annoying af and maybe you'll get a sympathetic GM. Afterall, you're not asking for loot, you're asking for a tier piece you did get and learn to just be for a different loot spec.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Are you serious!? I've been farming this for ages on my enhancement! I remember this happened for the Firebirds set as well actually. I ticketed it and they said
    "Realizing that you might having some problem for you Firebird's Cuirass to be counted the full towars hte full heroic set. And only the elemental and restoration spec be counted.

As my recommendation and hint, If going to complete the set I recommend going with the Resto or Elemental mog item.
    Firebird's Cuirass's appearance is only from the waist up similar to Mail of Screaming Secrets and/or Armor of the Single Cloud. It does not include the kilt/skirt portion of the outfit the same way Firebird's Hauberk and Firebird's Tunic do."

So basically tough luck, try again as ele!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    You just loot the token and then go to the panda in the cave below and buy whatever piece will complete your transmog.
    Since the changes to personal loot and legacy loot, in most raids you no longer loot the tier token and instead just get the tier piece directly based off your loot spec.

I think ICC (maybe Ulduar?) is the only place left that still gives an actual token.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

The drops in legacy loot mode have absolutely nothing to do with your current spec or loot spec. Its 5 completely random pieces from the bosses loot table.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Since the changes to personal loot and legacy loot, in most raids you no longer loot the tier token and instead just get the tier piece directly based off your loot spec.

I think ICC (maybe Ulduar?) is the only place left that still gives an actual token.
    Incorrect. Only places with personal loot that have been converted to legacy loot drop tier pieces directly instead of tokens. That means anything from WoD and onwards won't drop tier pieces (which is idiotic if you ask me, since the tier tokens exist, even for Legion raids iirc).

I'm unsure about SoO since it was converted to the WoD mythic model with the release of WoD prepatch, but I know that Garrosh still drops the universal pieces that can be traded for any other tier set piece.

But anything older than SoO, IE ToT and previous raids continue to drop tier tokens as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to all the above posts!! I appreciate the words of experience and advice. It's not a terribly important "bug/glitch". I feel better now that you folks have chatted me about it. This is the only forum I know where folks will talk about transmog without all the trolling.
    Stay safe and have fun!