Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And people act like it's only mythic raiders who care about this. ALL players who do raiding or dungeons care about this. If option 1 do 10 % more damage than option 2 then most people want option 1.
    It is likely to be drastically more then 10% worse are how some of the non dps talents havent really been looked at besides self rez. A monk tank getting a 1/5 chance to be healed by swagger rather then harmed by its debuff is absurdly powerful.

There are going to be major nerfs the million dollar question will be if they do it before or after the mythic race.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    first of all, just bcs you try to formulate your comments how everyone/majoriy of people care/want something, doesnt mean you care, it just shows you want to LOOK less selfish bcs its not what YOU want, its what this fake "majority" wants, thats selfish AND disingenuous...

and if you actualy cared you would care ESPECIALY when it impacts your gameplay, if it doesnt impact you its not caring its "not giving a fuck"...
    bcs "I care about others AS LONG as it doesnt impact me" is goddamn definition of selfishness...
    Well I'm no like you. I do care. I don't do LFR but I still want LFR to be good because I know it makes a lot of other players happy. I also don't PVP but I still want arenas to be good because other players enjoy them.

You might not give a shit about how the game impacts other players than yourself, but I do. Fortunately not all people are like you.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-09-05 at 02:45 PM.

My biggest concern isn't covenants as much as it is certain leggos. If I craft a legendary piece & a few days later it's nerfed with Blizzard saying there won't be any soul ash refunded, that'd seriously annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    It is likely to be drastically more then 10% worse are how some of the non dps talents havent really been looked at besides self rez. A monk tank getting a 1/5 chance to be healed by swagger rather then harmed by its debuff is absurdly powerful.

There are going to be major nerfs the million dollar question will be if they do it before or after the mythic race.
    I'm fully expecting another Emerald Nightmare tier. Cleared early week one by the big boys, finished in a few weeks by most mythic guilds.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-09-05 at 02:46 PM.

I don't do LFR but I still want LFR to be good because I know it makes a lot of other players happy.
    in other words: it doesnt affect me so it can stay... yeah, soooo selfless...
    whatever, if it makes you feel better keep lying to yourself i dont care...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    My biggest concern isn't covenants as much as it is certain leggos. If I craft a legendary piece & a few days later it's nerfed with Blizzard saying there won't be any soul ash refunded, that'd seriously annoy me.

I'm fully expecting another Emerald Nightmare tier. Cleared early week one by the big boys, finished in a few weeks by most mythic guilds.
    It seems that way. I have noticed while testing bosses that they are surprisingly easy... usually bosses are buffed up for testing to make sure each phase fully plays out against players who min max as naturally as they breath. That... that hopefully hasn't been the case for sl because we killed a few of the test bosses by accident before the testing ended. We had to adapt a strict 15% wipe policy. This tier at least on heroic if its somewhat tuned properly feels like a naxxramas tier.

The big fear in "big boy" guilds ive been in is that this is how they plan to compensate for covenants being a shit show. Just by making the content far easier then the last few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    I've been thinking of playing Fury. I -want- to pick Necrolords for the aesthetics but every video I see goes on about how good Venthyr is for Fury so I could be screwed regardless lmao.

Either pick the sub-par choice or pick the choice thats probably going to get nerfed.
    You're probably fine with going Necrolord, fwiw.

Tuning might jump up and down, but Necrolord gives group buffs which is a sure way to make your choice popular.

in other words: it doesnt affect me so it can stay... yeah, soooo selfless...
    whatever, if it makes you feel better keep lying to yourself i dont care...
    No, not "in other words". I said I actually want LFR to be good. Even though I don't use it. I want it to be good for other players because I care about them also enjoying the game. I know you want to try to feel like that all players are cold like you, but some of us actually care about other people than ourselves. If you want to only care about you, then do that, but stop trying to drag everybody else down to your level.

I’ve already made up my mind on two of the classes i am considering, but am on the fence about a covenant for my enh shammy. Have no idea if the ones chosen are the best, but I have zero worries

It seems that way. I have noticed while testing bosses that they are surprisingly easy... usually bosses are buffed up for testing to make sure each phase fully plays out against players who min max as naturally as they breath. That... that hopefully hasn't been the case for sl because we killed a few of the test bosses by accident before the testing ended. We had to adapt a strict 15% wipe policy. This tier at least on heroic if its somewhat tuned properly feels like a naxxramas tier.

The big fear in "big boy" guilds ive been in is that this is how they plan to compensate for covenants being a shit show. Just by making the content far easier then the last few expansions.
    The biggest concern I have is Blizzard giving themselves so much more than ever before to worry about balancing, & given their previous balancing attempts, I don't think they have a hope in hell of getting this right. They'd face a lot more backlash making it impossibly difficult than if they balanced a bit more cautiously, so I'm fully expecting them to balance around a lower set of expectations than the majority of mythic guilds will set themselves.

I'll be shocked if the final boss stands after the first week.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-09-05 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah normies love this because they can pick thier covenaut based on what toy or xmog they want. While the mean 1%'s have to pick the ugly covenaut with the best numbers. So while they get carried in dungeons and thier LFR they can keep being useless but look cool with thier chosen design
    I´m compelled to say, its sad that you need the Pick the best possible choice of Talents/Gear/Abilities to be able to graduate from LFR.

Apart from that, on topic:
    The Question about "Consistent" performance is why I dont choose my Covenant based on that. If the Covenant Performance between the different Covenants is too Huge its a Balance problem that Blizzard needs to Address.

No, not "in other words". I said I actually want LFR to be good. Even though I don't use it. I want it to be good for other players because I care about them also enjoying the game. I know you want to try to feel like that all players are cold like you, but some of us actually care about other people than ourselves. If you want to only care about you, then do that, but stop trying to drag everybody else down to your level.
    "i dont mind that feature i dont use is good" is not caring its pretending to care, like people puting flag of country that was hit by some tragedy over their FB photo - it does NOTHING but makes you look better and makes you think better about yourself...

real caring would be if theoreticaly "pro-lock" people would be majority and you would think "i dont want locked covenants, but others do so lets lock them"

and sorry, cant drag you to my level, im not strong enough to drag you to such higher, among people who dont pretend they are not selfish... too bad for you, view is great up there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well in 10.0 covenant abilities will be removed so yeah they will be nerfed pretty hard later. That's the problem of borrowed power.
    This i think is the biggest issue: why not simply let us take the power with us in the next expansion. Ok, this choice should then naturally be a choice that you can change much easier than now, but yes, borrowed power is bad, because you take something that is fun away for reasons i can't understand. Blizzard should let us keep them, and making them available through other meanings.

Why not bring back our order hall to use, make it that exactly these borrowed powers will be available there once the expansion hit the end. Maybe a nerfed version, maybe not part of the core rotation, but at least make them available there; together with it's legion powers and BfA essences. Just make it so that you can only get ONE of these old active powers and ONE of the new powers from the current expansion at once, and soulbinds should simply stay, you can actually use your old soulbinds from shadowlands in the next expansion or get the new ones as a horizontal progression. Conduits could also stay available, just give us simply new ones.

I personally don't think it's bad when something might be sometimes BIS even if it is from an old expansion. And if it is too good, there is always the nerf bat available for blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I´m compelled to say, its sad that you need the Pick the best possible choice of Talents/Gear/Abilities to be able to graduate from LFR.

Apart from that, on topic:
    The Question about "Consistent" performance is why I dont choose my Covenant based on that. If the Covenant Performance between the different Covenants is too Huge its a Balance problem that Blizzard needs to Address.
    This is absolutely not the case. To graduate from LFR, all you need is a little bit of bravery, politeness towards other people, & willingness to learn. The difference between LFR & normal isn't that big in terms of gameplay, but the social attitude, especially if doing it in a raid group, is entirely different (and a hell of a lot more fun).

As for them balancing covenants, well, I don't know what to tell you besides it's not going to happen. Looking at Warriors, how do you balance an absolutely huge single target ability & two massive AoE abilities to feel strong in all forms of content? You can't, without making them both so irrelevant that the choice means nothing to begin with.

"i dont mind that feature i dont use is good" is not caring its pretending to care, like people puting flag of country that was hit by some tragedy over their FB photo - it does NOTHING but makes you look better and makes you think better about yourself...

real caring would be if theoreticaly "pro-lock" people would be majority and you would think "i dont want locked covenants, but others do so lets lock them"

and sorry, cant drag you to my level, im not strong enough to drag you to such higher, among people who dont pretend they are not selfish... too bad for you, view is great up there :P
    You seem very angry. I'm not like you. I care about other people enjoying the game. No matter if they are the majority or not. If you don't then I feel sorry for you. Not all people are like you.

The biggest concern I have is Blizzard giving themselves so much more than ever before to worry about balancing, & given their previous balancing attempts, I don't think they have a hope in hell of getting this right. They'd face a lot more backlash making it impossibly difficult than if they balanced a bit more cautiously, so I'm fully expecting them to balance around a lower set of expectations than the majority of mythic guilds will set themselves.

I'll be shocked if the first boss stands after the first week.
    The first half of a raid rarely stands for the first week... I don't really recall a roadblock boss in the early bosses since wod... Once with butcher that everyone skipped for near last or gorefiend in hfc.

Even in harder raids people expect to polish off the first half a dozen mythic bosses without much in terms of resistance.

The first half of a raid rarely stands for the first week... I don't really recall a roadblock boss in the early bosses since wod... Once with butcher that everyone skipped for near last or gorefiend in hfc.

Even in harder raids people expect to polish off the first half a dozen mythic bosses without much in terms of resistance.
    Oops, I meant final boss. I'm expecting a week one full clear on mythic from the top guilds Maybe not 17 hour EN levels of ridiculous, but not too far off, either.

Oops, I meant final boss. I'm expecting a week one full clear on mythic from the top guilds Maybe not 17 hour EN levels of ridiculous, but not too far off, either.
    I honestly don't know... I am hoping not even doing sales there is only so long you can keep a progression based guild on farm. Even now people are half heartily complaining about farming z noth mounts. That is with them making roughly 600k per raid lockout as well...

The difference between them will hopefully not be that big, so I don't really care either way. I'll pick the one that looks the most "balanced", and stick with that.
    Unless you are going for a world first/top 10, you don't need that 1% percentage to get there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Covenants mean more to me than just dps output, so I don't care
    This. My only hangups on some classes are the fact that I enjoy the aesthetic and mogs but HATE the ability. However, that singular button is probably something I can get over so I can enjoy the game rather than switching to a covenant I despise for a 2% dps increase.

This is absolutely not the case. To graduate from LFR, all you need is a little bit of bravery, politeness towards other people, & willingness to learn. The difference between LFR & normal isn't that big in terms of gameplay, but the social attitude, especially if doing it in a raid group, is entirely different (and a hell of a lot more fun).
    It was meant as a little jab to the guy I quoted. Because he basically said: "Either you choose BiS Covenant or you are getting Carried and are confined to LFR" which is untrue.

As for them balancing covenants, well, I don't know what to tell you besides it's not going to happen. Looking at Warriors, how do you balance an absolutely huge single target ability & two massive AoE abilities to feel strong in all forms of content? You can't, without making them both so irrelevant that the choice means nothing to begin with.
    I know you cannot balance those perfectly, but what I mean is that you should be able to perform in reasonable content, no matter which covenant you chose.
    And that is most definitely something you can Balance stuff around.