Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    theres a difference between a spec that MIGHT possibly change and something that everyone has that is absolutely, 100% chance going away.
    Not really, no. Nothing has a 100% chance to go away. A lot of the borrowed power stuff finds its way into your class kit after the expansion. It’s either made into a talent or is a new skill rank that gives you the passive or some other way.
    Not all borrowed powers make it into the next expansion but neither do skills and talents.

Borrowed power is nothing else but talents that we need to grind for. Borrowed power has been in the game since the vanilla release in the form of set bonuses.

Honestly I don't care if they do. I'm sick of this attitude of "Waaah why can't I be the best at everything always! It's not fair!" that you keep seeing trotted out.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Choosing a covalent based on looks could sacrifice performance. Chasing the optimum for m+ may mean losing out on ST. Is this so hard to understand? If you can change easily or get the looks you like with ease then there is no sacrifice so there is no meaningful decision. Blizzards design goal is to make choices mean something. RPGs are about choices.

At least you're honest about entitlement but why do you think your voice means more than someone who would rather have choices that matter? The answer is that you are not special and acting like you are is a severe character flaw.

Maybe it is time that you take your dollar somewhere else for a while. Wait until blizzard starts to loosen restrictions because you are not going to enjoy SL until they do.
    To me it makes no RP sense for a Death Knight to join the Night Fae covenant only because they have a good ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yet they've never been able to do this before.
    It's a pretty sure bet that they will nerf and overnerf whatever ability is the best when Shadowlands is released.
    Indeed. That comment about Blizzard nerfing/buffing stuff by "5%", or whatever number they pulled out of some body cavity, was so naive that I couldn't help but to feel some tenderness towards the poster. I still remember my holy priest pulling some decent numbers in Uldir, only for Blizzard to arrive with the sledgehammer in 8.1 and DECIMATE it. From then on, hpriest has been nothing but a crippled paladin.

And the same happened (in reverse) with Shadow BTW. So, "5% adjustments" my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

Remember back in Legion when they said they weren't going to nerf artifact traits because they respected players' time investment, and then they absolutely annihilated Outlaw rogue right before the first raid opened and it never recovered for the rest of the expansion?

There is a 0% chance this covenant gimmick doesn't end up being a disaster that makes half the playerbase mad from day one until the inevitable "we hear your frustration" change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If - like overwhelming majority - play up to Heroic Raid/M+15/PVP below high rating, just pick abilities/fantasy/transmog package that you like the most.

If you're min-maxers or play cutting edge difficulty, you will switch covenant after nerf and regrind Renown, like you grind every expansion.
    I’m a Mythic raider; but I also love tmog and my characters lore, I j don’t know why it has to be this wayyy though. There’s a 75% chance I’m gonna have to pick something I’m not into to play at a level with my friends and it also doesn’t reallly make sense lore wise. You are infused with the anima of all the covenants during leveling they can easily justify it as you tap into that power. Just cause we always grind doesn’t mean it should continue big sad

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    I’m a Mythic raider; but I also love tmog and my characters lore, I j don’t know why it has to be this wayyy though. There’s a 75% chance I’m gonna have to pick something I’m not into to play at a level with my friends and it also doesn’t reallly make sense lore wise. You are infused with the anima of all the covenants during leveling they can easily justify it as you tap into that power. Just cause we always grind doesn’t mean it should continue big sad
    It’s as-if they (like majority of players) don't realize that in a stat/number-based game there will always be a right and wrong choice.

The concept of choosing something meaningful is nice and all, but unless both options are identical in the stat/number and it’s just cosmetic, it will never work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I care about other people having fun in WoW even if it has no impact on my own gameplay.
    first of all, just bcs you try to formulate your comments how everyone/majoriy of people care/want something, doesnt mean you care, it just shows you want to LOOK less selfish bcs its not what YOU want, its what this fake "majority" wants, thats selfish AND disingenuous...

and if you actualy cared you would care ESPECIALY when it impacts your gameplay, if it doesnt impact you its not caring its "not giving a fuck"...
    bcs "I care about others AS LONG as it doesnt impact me" is goddamn definition of selfishness...

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    It’s as-if they (like majority of players) don't realize that in a stat/number-based game there will always be a right and wrong choice.

The concept of choosing something meaningful is nice and all, but unless both options are identical in the stat/number and it’s just cosmetic, it will never work.
    And people act like it's only mythic raiders who care about this. ALL players who do raiding or dungeons care about this. If option 1 do 10 % more damage than option 2 then most people want option 1.

And people act like it's only mythic raiders who care about this. ALL players who do raiding or dungeons care about this. If option 1 do 10 % more damage than option 2 then most people want option 1.
    It is likely to be drastically more then 10% worse are how some of the non dps talents havent really been looked at besides self rez. A monk tank getting a 1/5 chance to be healed by swagger rather then harmed by its debuff is absurdly powerful.

There are going to be major nerfs the million dollar question will be if they do it before or after the mythic race.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    first of all, just bcs you try to formulate your comments how everyone/majoriy of people care/want something, doesnt mean you care, it just shows you want to LOOK less selfish bcs its not what YOU want, its what this fake "majority" wants, thats selfish AND disingenuous...

and if you actualy cared you would care ESPECIALY when it impacts your gameplay, if it doesnt impact you its not caring its "not giving a fuck"...
    bcs "I care about others AS LONG as it doesnt impact me" is goddamn definition of selfishness...
    Well I'm no like you. I do care. I don't do LFR but I still want LFR to be good because I know it makes a lot of other players happy. I also don't PVP but I still want arenas to be good because other players enjoy them.

You might not give a shit about how the game impacts other players than yourself, but I do. Fortunately not all people are like you.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-09-05 at 02:45 PM.

My biggest concern isn't covenants as much as it is certain leggos. If I craft a legendary piece & a few days later it's nerfed with Blizzard saying there won't be any soul ash refunded, that'd seriously annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    It is likely to be drastically more then 10% worse are how some of the non dps talents havent really been looked at besides self rez. A monk tank getting a 1/5 chance to be healed by swagger rather then harmed by its debuff is absurdly powerful.

There are going to be major nerfs the million dollar question will be if they do it before or after the mythic race.
    I'm fully expecting another Emerald Nightmare tier. Cleared early week one by the big boys, finished in a few weeks by most mythic guilds.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-09-05 at 02:46 PM.

I don't do LFR but I still want LFR to be good because I know it makes a lot of other players happy.
    in other words: it doesnt affect me so it can stay... yeah, soooo selfless...
    whatever, if it makes you feel better keep lying to yourself i dont care...

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    My biggest concern isn't covenants as much as it is certain leggos. If I craft a legendary piece & a few days later it's nerfed with Blizzard saying there won't be any soul ash refunded, that'd seriously annoy me.

I'm fully expecting another Emerald Nightmare tier. Cleared early week one by the big boys, finished in a few weeks by most mythic guilds.
    It seems that way. I have noticed while testing bosses that they are surprisingly easy... usually bosses are buffed up for testing to make sure each phase fully plays out against players who min max as naturally as they breath. That... that hopefully hasn't been the case for sl because we killed a few of the test bosses by accident before the testing ended. We had to adapt a strict 15% wipe policy. This tier at least on heroic if its somewhat tuned properly feels like a naxxramas tier.

The big fear in "big boy" guilds ive been in is that this is how they plan to compensate for covenants being a shit show. Just by making the content far easier then the last few expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    I've been thinking of playing Fury. I -want- to pick Necrolords for the aesthetics but every video I see goes on about how good Venthyr is for Fury so I could be screwed regardless lmao.

Either pick the sub-par choice or pick the choice thats probably going to get nerfed.
    You're probably fine with going Necrolord, fwiw.

Tuning might jump up and down, but Necrolord gives group buffs which is a sure way to make your choice popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    in other words: it doesnt affect me so it can stay... yeah, soooo selfless...
    whatever, if it makes you feel better keep lying to yourself i dont care...
    No, not "in other words". I said I actually want LFR to be good. Even though I don't use it. I want it to be good for other players because I care about them also enjoying the game. I know you want to try to feel like that all players are cold like you, but some of us actually care about other people than ourselves. If you want to only care about you, then do that, but stop trying to drag everybody else down to your level.

I’ve already made up my mind on two of the classes i am considering, but am on the fence about a covenant for my enh shammy. Have no idea if the ones chosen are the best, but I have zero worries

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    It seems that way. I have noticed while testing bosses that they are surprisingly easy... usually bosses are buffed up for testing to make sure each phase fully plays out against players who min max as naturally as they breath. That... that hopefully hasn't been the case for sl because we killed a few of the test bosses by accident before the testing ended. We had to adapt a strict 15% wipe policy. This tier at least on heroic if its somewhat tuned properly feels like a naxxramas tier.

The big fear in "big boy" guilds ive been in is that this is how they plan to compensate for covenants being a shit show. Just by making the content far easier then the last few expansions.
    The biggest concern I have is Blizzard giving themselves so much more than ever before to worry about balancing, & given their previous balancing attempts, I don't think they have a hope in hell of getting this right. They'd face a lot more backlash making it impossibly difficult than if they balanced a bit more cautiously, so I'm fully expecting them to balance around a lower set of expectations than the majority of mythic guilds will set themselves.

I'll be shocked if the final boss stands after the first week.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-09-05 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Nah normies love this because they can pick thier covenaut based on what toy or xmog they want. While the mean 1%'s have to pick the ugly covenaut with the best numbers. So while they get carried in dungeons and thier LFR they can keep being useless but look cool with thier chosen design
    I´m compelled to say, its sad that you need the Pick the best possible choice of Talents/Gear/Abilities to be able to graduate from LFR.

Apart from that, on topic:
    The Question about "Consistent" performance is why I dont choose my Covenant based on that. If the Covenant Performance between the different Covenants is too Huge its a Balance problem that Blizzard needs to Address.

No, not "in other words". I said I actually want LFR to be good. Even though I don't use it. I want it to be good for other players because I care about them also enjoying the game. I know you want to try to feel like that all players are cold like you, but some of us actually care about other people than ourselves. If you want to only care about you, then do that, but stop trying to drag everybody else down to your level.
    "i dont mind that feature i dont use is good" is not caring its pretending to care, like people puting flag of country that was hit by some tragedy over their FB photo - it does NOTHING but makes you look better and makes you think better about yourself...

real caring would be if theoreticaly "pro-lock" people would be majority and you would think "i dont want locked covenants, but others do so lets lock them"

and sorry, cant drag you to my level, im not strong enough to drag you to such higher, among people who dont pretend they are not selfish... too bad for you, view is great up there :P