Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What is the highest dps a top geared fury warrior can reach?

Title says it all, what is the highest dps you can achieve with a top fury warrior single target?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no clear answer, cause it depends on how fast the boss dies.

The dps numbers you see right now are heavily inflated by short fights where bosses die within the crazy powerfull cooldowns warriors have

Basicly, thus better dps your raid does, the better your personal dps will be.

On longer fights, you will see warriors doing less dps with aq bis gear, than what warriors were doing in mc with preraid gear.

If you want to see the maximum someone have performed so far, check out logs for vael.

Why don't you just go to warcraft logs and look at the top parses for warriors?

Fankriss is probably the best fight in AQ to look at for pure damage since it's just tank and spank and the top 100 Warrior logs range from 1.7k-2.1k. As they get more gear from AQ I'd reckon it'll reach 2.5k or a bit higher with crit RNG.

Vael isn't the best to gauge off since you have infinite Rage and almost the entire fight is Execute spam, if you look at the current highest Vael logs they're at 3.8k and 40% of their damage is Execute.

yeah its dependant on things like using recklessness and deathwish, while at the same time having enrage proc so you actually taking a crit (without dying) you would only get to proc enrage on vael if you were tanking vael but its likely you'll be in defensive stance losing 10% damage unable to spam execute, you'd be impossible to heal if you use death wish and recklessness while tanking the boss with both of those cooldowns you'd be taking 40% more damage. but ofc tanking the actual boss, no matter which boss it is does give you the rage you need to constantly spam abilities, while as a non-tank fury warrior if you don't get hit that much you won't have the same rage generation. there is quite a difference in how much rage you generate when you're tanking and not tanking.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-06 at 02:06 PM.

Out of curiosity does warrior DPS go down at level 70? At least in a typical raiding situation? Or will Gruul still fall over at 5x the speed most people killed him during in BC?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

its possible a lot more ppl will have t3 going into tbc which will likely massively impact the speed at which things die, with full t3 you can pretty much skip farming heroics and go straight into karazhan.

there will probably be on average more ppl who have the items that are still good at 70, tanks in full t3 are obviously going to generate threat better, healers are going to heal better than their blue geared counter parts. I think if most of your caster dps have items like neltharion's tear and your melee dps all have drake fang talismens, there is going to be a difference in how quickly things fall over.

conversely though I think in tbc there was no fury/prot tanking, mainly you will just die trying to tank that way you can get away with it in classic but I think they focused the specs more for tbc so if you're a tanking warrior you're likely going to be full prot in tbc not doing as much damage as you do in classic but still generating threat better with sword/board. the bosses hit hard enough to gib tanks so you'll get flattened without a shield. in classic you can get away without using a shield and just using stoneshield potions, but this likely isn't going to be enough for tbc tanking besides this, as far as I can tell fury in tbc only gains things like improved whirlwind and berserker stance, which doesn't benefit tanks, while protection in tbc had mitigation benefits for deep prot and the ability devastate makes up the threat generation. its just much easier to get globalled in tbc so it will likely force tanks to be tanks not rogues in plate as they'll probably be about as effective.

in most cases I think t3 for most classes was better than t4 and will probably last until t5, that is when most of the things from classic are replaced by items with clearly better stats. even the BIS items that are still good at 70, last until about t5. obviously the first time around not many ppl had t3 so most ppl had to gear up by farming heroics first, those that have most of their t3 won't need any gear to clear t4. t3 is just crazily over powered and comparing it to t4 puts that in perspective. I could see grull's lair being cleared before karazhan, I can't remember if it had an attunement, I feel like it didn't or if it did it was easier than getting the karazhan key. so you could see grull's fall over before karazhan. same for magtheridon.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-07 at 07:29 AM.

lol I checked on BC attunements and forgot the horrors:

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Inst...rning_Crusade)

The flow chart has 30+ boxes.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Inst...rning_Crusade)

The flow chart has 30+ boxes.
    One mans horror is another mans "journey". It was certainly more involved though, no doubt.

Pre-Nerf-Dungeons was the hard part, I would not expect the real game version for the classic journey, just as Vanilla was far away from the Pre-TBC patch you started with in Classic.

The only horror you can expect is not falling to sleep.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    One mans horror is another mans "journey". It was certainly more involved though, no doubt.
    I think it would be wicked first time round. For alts and other chars? Not so much. Maybe that's just me.

it was quite grindy orginally because you had to get exalted with various factions to unlock heroics (buy the keys) they did lower this requirement at some point. so ofc even if you do have full t3 you might not need much gear but you will need to farm rep. I think I remember getting exalted with honour hold first but I can remember grinding coilfang armaments for a while and turning those in to get to exalted and buy the key to do slave pens/underbog/steamvaults in heroic. you'll have to do normals for a while, I think the quest chains did get you at least to revered or close to but the rest of the rep came from just grinding normals. (I played human the first time so it was faster for me to get to exalted)

pre-nerf heroics were difficult, I remember getting to 70 quite quickly and waiting for ppl to get to 70 so we could do karazhan, the first heroic I did was ramparts and I thought it would be easy being the first dungeon, but the ravager at the start stunned the tank and he died my first shot at heroics we wiped on the first pull, depending on your gear it might not be so bad, I can remember that CC was used to de-fang a lot of pulls. and without CC the tank will just get destroyed by some packs. each dungeon has 1 or 2 pulls that were always really sketchy before ppl were clad in t5 and t6. like the 2 giant mobs in underbog heroic that were untauntable and you couldn't really tank both of them without being gibbed you had someone kite one of them, at least I can remember ppl wiping by there frequently. each dungeon had at least one shitty trash pack that caused wipes if you weren't careful.

shattered halls had the large packs of elite orcs, arcatraz has those shadowfiend looking mobs that hit extremely hard and the meteors that one shot ppl if you don't group up just like in aq. mostly I think a lot of the heroics have you pulling packs of 5-6 mobs most of which are elite so it forces you to CC unless you out gear it. theres a lot more splash damage and mobs that force your healer to heal themselves, abilities that target more than just the tank. in classic as a healer you can do dungeon runs where you barely take damage at all, but in tbc especially heroics you get hit a lot more often. in blood furnace for example the fel guards toward the end have that charge ability that can easily one tap a clothie.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-07 at 10:17 AM.

Out of curiosity does warrior DPS go down at level 70? At least in a typical raiding situation? Or will Gruul still fall over at 5x the speed most people killed him during in BC?
    I suspect bosses will die in 5x the speed most people killed him. I'm very happy to accept I'm misremembering but in preparation for Gruul (I started in TBC as my first MMO) I recall reading that a standard raid setup would require 466 DPS from each of the DPS raiders to kill him before the X growth (I think it was 20th?) where he would start one shotting tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I suspect bosses will die in 5x the speed most people killed him. I'm very happy to accept I'm misremembering but in preparation for Gruul (I started in TBC as my first MMO) I recall reading that a standard raid setup would require 466 DPS from each of the DPS raiders to kill him before the X growth (I think it was 20th?) where he would start one shotting tanks.
    18 rings a bell for some reason, but yeah, flashbacks man - Saturday gruul pugs were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I recall reading that a standard raid setup would require 466 DPS from each of the DPS raiders to kill him before the X growth (I think it was 20th?) where he would start one shotting tanks.
    Some old guide i've seen suggested around 18th stack (which is 270% damage increase) where he starts oneshotting the tank (which around 9minutes into the fight).

Looked through some sites, got some conflicting info on his Healthpool, some claim he has 3.8M, others 3.4M, altough his health was seemingly nerfed~2 months after TBC release in a hotfix and supposedly with 2.4 again.

Assuming 3.8M, you need around ~413dps from 17 Dps (disregarding 6 healer & 2 tanks) to kill him around the 18th stack.

Obviously, this does not take into account that there's the occassional raidwide silence (4 seconds) and the "Knock around" => Gronn Lords Grasp => Shatter combo which also affects dps.

World buffs don’t work at 70 right?

I remember armor pen being OP so were warriors top tier DPS in BC?

Or it was weak at the beginning OP once their crit got high

I think it depends on the fight, but it was a lot more competitive, I was a healer so I didn't really pay much attention to damage throughout just healing really although I think it was still rogues > all except ofc locks and mages were fairly balanced and could both do really decent aoe (locks get seed of corruption). a lot of fights though don't favour melee that well because you can't just stand there facerolling the boss without doing anything else (most bosses in t5 and t6 require you to move or do something that will affect your dps) or there is some form of down time, like for example Fathom-Lord Karathress as melee you have to stomp totems so you won't be doing your best. likewise with Leotheras you have to run out when he starts whirlwinding while casters can sorta keep doing damage from range. these sorts of things will heavily influence who is the best and on which boss. in mount hyjal for example your mages and locks will probably do a lot of damage because of the trash waves, they'll beat everyone else most likely at least on overall damage. and its nice when you can get through that shit quickly because that is probably the most facepalmy-ist instance in tbc.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-07 at 07:03 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be world buffs in TBC unless they do one patch at a time. World buffs were only there for the first few months of TBC, where gear was poorly itemized, raids and dungeons dropped terrible loot, and you went on a journey to collect vanilla and TBC consumables.

Warriors are scuffed rogues in TBC. Still good, but they don't scale nearly as well. The only thing that held rogues back in vanilla is static energy return, which gets fixed with talents and haste as a stat. Armor penetration is juicy for rogues too.

Hunters, locks and rogues were the best DPS in TBC with others being a full tier in ranking behind these three. Warriors and ret paladins became broken in the WoTLK 3.0 pre patch.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    World buffs don’t work at 70 right?

I remember armor pen being OP so were warriors top tier DPS in BC?

Or it was weak at the beginning OP once their crit got high
    Armor penetration (as a stat) wasn't in BC. Warriors were far from top tier dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    its possible a lot more ppl will have t3 going into tbc which will likely massively impact the speed at which things die, with full t3 you can pretty much skip farming heroics and go straight into karazhan.
    There's so much to unpack with your whole post, but you're so wrong here, it's amazing.