Do Forsaken and Death Knights remember the Shadowlands?

Is there any reference to this in a book or ingame or something?

Leave this here. Headcanon ofc, but fit well.
    Ressing with necrotic magic caused soul to split apart with "evil" part comes to body and good part staying in SL. Explaining evil vibe of forsaken, explaining sylvanas actions, and with forsaken heritage you come to SL to pick your good side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Is there any reference to this in a book or ingame or something?
    Nope, so far its not explained. I think that memories erased when ressed

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well from the after live story for uther we saw that a chunk of his soul was absorbed by frostmourne with the rest being sent to the shadowlands. It potentially adds a lot of storyline for forsaken/dks/locks, to be confronted with the remainder of your soul/soul of those you used part of as fuel.

two of the four horseman seem to remember their time in the shadowlands.

Forsaken probably not as they never actually have a chance to go there.

but why uthers evil part go to sl?

I thought the Legion being the same throughout all dimensions was dumb.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently no.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I would assume it would be the same as the question "if i die and get revived minutes later would i remember death?" i would assume once your soul returns to your body you just retain the memories up to the moment of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    What? The Forsaken absolutely have a chance to go there. Jaina's dead brother was resurrected after years or whatever.

I am actually curious as to how spirit healers fit into shadowlands. Those graveyard spirits always intrigued me; what is their origin? why are they healing us? Do they have a motive for the act of reviving us?

Quote Originally Posted by Trexar View Post
    but why uthers evil part go to sl?
    Probably because uther was just killed, wasnt ressurected by arthas
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    two of the four horseman seem to remember their time in the shadowlands.

Pardon? Some if not many most certainly do have time to go there given their state of decomposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Pardon? Some if not many most certainly do have time to go there given their state of decomposition.
    I mean that most forsaken were brought into undeath right after being killed, they never met the shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't DK enter the shadowlands to get their first mount? Is this same or different SL?

DKs go into the Shadowlands in the beginning questlines so there is that. The question is if they remember the Shadowland after they get raised as DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Doesn't DK enter the shadowlands to get their first mount? Is this same or different SL?
    It's the zame shadowlands. But doesnt really count because that's not the point at which your DK character went there because of their initial death.

While it is the job of the Kyrians to shepherd souls to the land of the dead, it doesn't say how punctual they have to be does it? They've got entire universes and dimensions to shepherd and there's only the one small piece of Bastion as far as we know to deal with all of it.

Well we the players are relatively fresh-raised, but Derek Proudmoore in particular should have tales to tell. And the death knights actually visit a part of it to get their mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.