Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Are you a flat earther? Because saying there's another side to azeroth's map is like saying there's another side to earth's map.

    The in-game map is a flat representation of a round globe, just like earth. There is no other side.
    Have you ever seen a 15th century map?

    Anyways, the ingame maps and depictions of globe azeroth are canon to the story as it was current. There could be more continents. Its up to blizzard really.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  2. #42
    Gotta stop using Algalon's map as any sort of important thing.

    it was back in WOTLK, didnt show most of the new islands/continents that we visit now.

    The other argument about our spaceship, a simple pandaria style mist would hide something easily from space.


    Could easily have something 'uber evil' on the other side that the titans themselves wanted to hide. Erasing all knowledge of it and hiding it from all of their creations.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Kyux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    742
    Whether or not there is an "other side", I would like to see this:

    A continent that is unlocked by exploration over time. Whenever we've gone to a new continent we've see its boundaries from the very beginning. Northrend, Kul'Tiras, Draenor all have edges and are defined. I'd like a big landmass where we don't know where it ends. When patch X.1 comes we move further in-land and discover a new area. We don't go away to a place like Nazjatar, but we go further in. X.2 and X.3 open up more new zones. I would also like a vertical zone. Not a tall zone like Highmountian, but one that is essentially all on one cliff face. You use ladders and birds to move up and down platforms that are set into the cliff face. Below the cliff is a massive drop (auto kill zone). I think it'd be a nice change and a cool concept.

    Alternatively, but more unlikely, this explorer's continent could be a side feature of an expansion with an unrelated story.

    As for whether the "other side" exists, I think it we will see new lands on Azeroth, even if they are just small islands. I don't think there is a massive undiscovered continent though. However... we did have Pandaria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,183
    Considering this map is supposed to be the definitive continental make up of Azeroth's Pangaea which roughly broke into this map post sundering (notice that Kul'Tiras is missing), we should really have reached the conclusion there is no "other side" even with Modern Azeroth naming the same expanse of sea two different things (possible due to Horde and Alliance not realising at the time the world was round).

    Or we can just say "Titan Propaganda" and assume the Old Gods, Titans and the Titan Keepers were stupid enough to miss the other side of the planet and didn't bother building any empires or facilities over there and that no one on the other side wondered why there was a giant dragon tearing their continent in half, a bunch of space invading monsters attacking their cities or why there was a colossal Azeroth-quake following that or why the planet started bleeding or had any interest in finding out why.

    Why don't we just go to a new planet and explore that one instead? There has to repercussions for when Azeroth finally hatches.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  5. #45
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    That's just handcannon though. Nowhere has anyone definitively stated the map of Azeroth is complete..
    Head canon is assuming there's "another side of Azeroth" when the map is right there in front of your face, official. It can always have more added to it, but what we see is what we get right now. Committing to saying the map of a fictional world of an MMO is complete would be short-sighted on Blizzard's part, as the point of the game is "expanding it", but the argument here is not whether or not Azeroth can be expanded upon, but whether or not "there's another side of Azeroth." There is not.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Head canon is assuming there's "another side of Azeroth" when the map is right there in front of your face, official. It can always have more added to it, but what we see is what we get right now. Committing to saying the map of a fictional world of an MMO is complete would be short-sighted on Blizzard's part, as the point of the game is "expanding it", but the argument here is not whether or not Azeroth can be expanded upon, but whether or not "there's another side of Azeroth." There is not.
    At no point has any official Blizzard source ever said the map of Azeroth is complete. The only place that is coming from is headcannon.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Of course not, but the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Like I said, are they free to add more continents and landmasses in the sea? Absolutely. This is fiction, and we know there are still places not present in-game we know exists in-lore, like Dragon Isles. However, that doesn't mean the current map of Azeroth is inaccurate. What we see in 2020 is what we we know Azeroth as. In 2024 if they decide to introduce a new landmass, the map will be updated accordingly, and that will be the updated, accurate map of Azeroth.
    The map can still be accurate while still being incomplete. The map we know of is only the charted parts of Azeroth. If the "other side" is uncharted, then it wouldn't appear on maps.

    The argument however, is "thoughts on other side of Azeroth." There is no other side of Azeroth unless you subscribe to a flat Earth mentality. That's the whole globe of Azeroth with potential unexplored islands or landmasses to be added later.
    That's a false equivalence, and I already explained why. Spheres do have "other side", typically the side we're not looking at. And in the case of Azeroth, the "other side" means the other part of Azeroth we (as in, the Azerothian races) have yet to explore and chart.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    There is no “other side” of Azeroth.

    It’s like saying there’s another “side of earth” when looking at a map - there is not.
    The difference here is that we have already charted the Earth's whole surface.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The map can still be accurate while still being incomplete. The map we know of is only the charted parts of Azeroth. If the "other side" is uncharted, then it wouldn't appear on maps.


    That's a false equivalence, and I already explained why. Spheres do have "other side", typically the side we're not looking at. And in the case of Azeroth, the "other side" means the other part of Azeroth we (as in, the Azerothian races) have yet to explore and chart.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The difference here is that we have already charted the Earth's whole surface.
    The entire premise of your argument hinges on the assumption that the whole of Azeroth's surface has yet to be charted. Blizzard has not officially confirmed one way or another, and would be foolish to do so in a game based on "expansion." By that logic, as long as the game continues receiving updates, it will never be "complete" until it enters maintenance mode. You're thereby moving goalposts. The discussion is about the existence of "another side of Azeroth." That doesn't mean remaining islands yet undiscovered, or landmasses squeezed in between the known major continents we know of. It means looking at the map we know now, there is an unlimited possibility for a massive uncharted continent somewhere, or continents anywhere, notable enough to have existed uncharted all this time, even though ideology of this game has always revolved around the idea that Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, as well as Pandaria and Northrend were part of a mega continent not unlike Pangea.

    Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms have always, to this day, been the focus as the most notable landmasses on Azeroth. Short of a major retcon (which I wouldn't doubt...), the existence of a landmass or continent relevant enough to be comparable to either one, or even Northrend or Pandaria, is kind of ridiculous. Now if/when it happens, you can say "I told you so", but until then, Azeroth's map is what it is with four major continents, and then Kul'tiras, Zandalar, and Broken Isles as well as other notable smaller islands, and Dragon Isles which may or may not be comparable in size to Kul'tiras and Zandalar, which are actually much bigger in the in-game representation than they are in lore.

    Until these fictitious landmasses, or "other side of Azeroth" are conjured up and created, they are nothing but yours, and OP's personal head canon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    At no point has any official Blizzard source ever said the map of Azeroth is complete. The only place that is coming from is headcannon.
    And the only place that "another side of Azeroth" is coming from is your wild imagination. I have a map to go by. You, OP, and @Ielenia have your vivid imaginations until proven correct.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejo93 View Post
    I think that Blizz should address the other side of Azeroth.
    They did in Legion, when we could see the entire planet rotate. There is no "other side".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    At no point has any official Blizzard source ever said the map of Azeroth is complete. The only place that is coming from is headcannon.
    read above.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The map can still be accurate while still being incomplete. The map we know of is only the charted parts of Azeroth. If the "other side" is uncharted, then it wouldn't appear on maps.
    Once more, read above.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Except Earth has the Pacific on it's left and right but Azeroth has two differently named bodies of water lining it's edges which is why the "other side of Azeroth" exists.
    Hmmm... i didn't think about it. You've brought up a good point. What exactly is dividing between the Forbidden Sea to the east and the Veiled Sea to the west?
    The North Sea and the South Sea are pretty much representations of the Southern Ocean and the Arctic Ocean on Earth.
    Maybe, they didn't think this through...

    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    But not all maps display the entire planet. I have a map of Los Angeles on my desk. It doesn't represent the entire Earth. In fact, old time maps used to add dragons to the edges of the map to assert that the map is not complete and "there be dragons" i.e. unmapped areas beyond the edges of the map. I think some maps of Azeroth even have such dragons on the edges.
    That's the dumbest example i've seen. It's like zooming-in on Khaz Modan and saying the map is incomplete. Azeroth is the equivalent of Earth, not Los-Angeles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's a false equivalence, and I already explained why. Spheres do have "other side", typically the side we're not looking at. And in the case of Azeroth, the "other side" means the other part of Azeroth we (as in, the Azerothian races) have yet to explore and chart.
    That's because spheres are a 3D representation of the world. the 2D map isn't. Turn it around and it'll be blank (like the picture i posted in the first page). Meaning, all of the world landmasses and oceans are already represented there, albeit, in a more condensed way.

    If your idea of "the other side" is simply unexplored areas, then there is no reason for "another side" to exist. Every landmass that was added to the game, through the expansions, was simply added to the 2D map we know of Azeroth. They didn't add "another side" for it, They just moved things around a little bit. There is no reason for them to not do it in the future, with additional landmasses being discovered.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-07 at 08:25 AM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They did in Legion, when we could see the entire planet rotate. There is no "other side".

    read above.

    Once more, read above.
    They also filled the uncharted side with clouds. They know they may have to come up with something at some point, and won't just close that door.

  12. #52
    So much sillyness in this thread.

    The other half of Azeroth is not supposed to be on the back of the world map, it's supposed to be the south part of the map. Think of it as below Pandaria. It was a theory advanced in Blizzcon cause the south areas of Kalimdor, estern kingdoms and even Pandaria seem to be hot to tempered environments, except for mountainous regions.

    In-game maps mean nothing as one can see every time they add a new continent the map expands. The most telling hint is the view of Azeroth from the Vindicaar. You only see the north side of the planet.

    To respond to the OP, it is most guaranteed that it is coming at some point. It's a matter of "when", not a matter of "if", despite what the haters want to tell you. xD
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-07 at 11:22 AM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The map can still be accurate while still being incomplete. The map we know of is only the charted parts of Azeroth. If the "other side" is uncharted, then it wouldn't appear on maps.


    That's a false equivalence, and I already explained why. Spheres do have "other side", typically the side we're not looking at. And in the case of Azeroth, the "other side" means the other part of Azeroth we (as in, the Azerothian races) have yet to explore and chart.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The difference here is that we have already charted the Earth's whole surface.
    We’ve seen Azeroth from Space - there is no “other side”.

  14. #54
    To people talking about there being no more new landmasses, because we were in space and we couldn't see anything.

    You're forgetting about one thing ...... this one, small landmass that was shrouded from us even when we were in the zone right fucking next to it - ULDUM. You know, the one zone that was shrouded by titan technology ? The one containing weapon capable of wiping out an entire planet ?

    Do you think hiding several continents from sight would be a problem for the titans ?

    As to people talking about no new landmasses because map doesn't show them ...... you need to retake history classes and learn about maps before America was discovered by Europeans.
    Last edited by rad586; 2020-09-07 at 11:42 AM.

    Looking for a working online signature generator .....

  15. #55
    Dreadlord Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    We’ve seen Azeroth from Space - there is no “other side”.
    We couldn't see shit because it was shrouded in clouds! Seriously, go look for yourself. Blizzard shrouded it on purpose.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    So much sillyness in this thread.

    The other half of Azeroth is not supposed to be on the back of the world map, it's supposed to be the south part of the map. Think of it as below Pandaria. It was a theory advanced in Blizzcon cause the south areas of Kalimdor, estern kingdoms and even Pandaria seem to be hot to tempered environments, except for mountainous regions.

    In-game maps mean nothing as one can see every time they add a new continent the map expands. The most telling hint is the view of Azeroth from the Vindicaar. You only see the north side of the planet.

    To respond to the OP, it is most guaranteed that it is coming at some point. It's a matter of "when", not a matter of "if", despite what the haters want to tell you. xD
    You say other half, like the map is cut in half. It isn't. It represents the entirety of Azeroth, much like a world map represents the entirety of Earth.

    Did you think, maybe, that the developers were not expert geographers, and so they put Pandaria (which represents real-life far east) in the south because the Eastern Kingdoms already took the east side of the map?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    We couldn't see shit because it was shrouded in clouds! Seriously, go look for yourself. Blizzard shrouded it on purpose.


    Maybe you need reminding yourself?

    You can clearly see the west of Kalimdor and the east of Eastern Kingdoms/Quel'thalas.

    This view is "the other side" of Azeroth. Does that mean to say there's not a few islands between the two main continents? of course not. But going from the Shattering, there wasn't any real landmass that could be made into another large continent from the two sides of Kalim and EK.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You say other half, like the map is cut in half. It isn't. It represents the entirety of Azeroth, much like a world map represents the entirety of Earth.

    Did you think, maybe, that the developers were not expert geographers, and so they put Pandaria (which represents real-life far east) in the south because the Eastern Kingdoms already took the east side of the map?
    No, it doesn't. The map we have of Azeroth is incomplete and is updated with every expansion that adds to it.
    The Earth's map is complete. Azeroth's doesn't need to replicate earth's map.

    Yes, they add to it as they go. It's a game afterall, not reality.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-07 at 01:52 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Head canon is assuming there's "another side of Azeroth" when the map is right there in front of your face, official. It can always have more added to it, but what we see is what we get right now. Committing to saying the map of a fictional world of an MMO is complete would be short-sighted on Blizzard's part, as the point of the game is "expanding it", but the argument here is not whether or not Azeroth can be expanded upon, but whether or not "there's another side of Azeroth." There is not.
    Aham, I guess Northrend, Pandaria, the Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras and Zandalar appeared out of nothing, because the official map didn't have them at some point.

    That's just stupid.

    Anyway, I'm saving this post for the future




    America would be the "Other Side of the world" in this map.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-09-07 at 01:57 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No, it doesn't. The map we have of Azeroth is incomplete and is updated with every expansion that adds to it.
    The Earth's map is complete. Azeroth's doesn't need to replicate earth's map.

    Yes, they add to it as they go. It's a game afterall, not reality.
    So, just say undiscovered areas.
    Other side implies at a flat world.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •