Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

I have discovered a new form of depression its called selective depression

When you're too depressed to go to work but not depressed enough to go to the beach. You can party and drink all week long but when you need to do work you are too depressed. It's like the depression is only triggered when things need to get done. Many adults and young people suffer from this form of depression. In college I had group members that were so depressed they couldn't do group projects but I always saw them out drinking. Anyone know anyone with this form of depression?

I think you're confusing depressed people with lazy cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    When you're too depressed to go to work but not depressed enough to go to the beach. You can party and drink all week long but when you need to do work you are too depressed. It's like the depression is only triggered when things need to get done. Many adults and young people suffer from this form of depression. In college I had group members that were so depressed they couldn't do group projects but I always saw them out drinking. Anyone know anyone with this form of depression?
    Its called being lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir, that's not depression. Also don't think depressed people can't have social lives. Many depressed people learn how to mask their depression by doing what they think is 'normal' or to try to pull themselves out of it. They might also appear impulsive and erratic if they are just trying to feel something.
    Depressed people tend to self medicate with drugs and alcohol. Depressed people don't look sad all the time is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-09-05 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Typos

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Also don't think depressed people can have social lives.
    If they have high functioning depression, they sure can.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If they have high functioning depression, they sure can.
    Sorry. I meant can't.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

That's known as burnout. It usually happens when you're forcing yourself to do something you hate and can't find a way to cope with it.

Selective depression is a term I've only ever read in neurochemistry papers and patents. I suppose there could be such a thing, and it wouldn't necessarily involve being "lazy cunts" to quote a previous post (though that sounds like a feasible option, too), but it'd probably fall within the avoidant personality disorders category.

In college I had group members that were so depressed they couldn't do group projects but I always saw them out drinking.
    Depending on how and how much they were drinking this could further my hypothesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Its called being lazy.
    This is the best answer.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like PROCRASTINATION.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is the best answer.
    Nope, it's a very shitty answer to a very complex psychological problem.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nope, it's a very shitty answer to a very complex psychological problem.
    Na. While in some cases it is true what you are stating. But in some cases, it is simply a case of being lazy. A " I do not like that job, so I will just wait and fudge off from others until I can get a job I want and like."
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na. While in some cases it is true what you are stating. But in some cases, it is simply a case of being lazy. A " I do not like that job, so I will just wait and fudge off from others until I can get a job I want and like."
    Yeah, what dictates this? Your observation? Your bias? Just because someone parks in a disabled parking spot, doesn’t mean you get to see a show or they are faking it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Pfft...so...no problems doing things you want to, but don't feel like doing you things you have to do?
    Lazy...lack willpower...don't need some technical sounding term.
    Kick yourself in the ass and get the damn job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I think you're confusing depressed people with lazy cunts.
    they could just really hate their job

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pfft...so...no problems doing things you want to, but don't feel like doing you things you have to do?
    Lazy...lack willpower...don't need some technical sounding term.
    Kick yourself in the ass and get the damn job done.
    No, not “you”... it’s they... you are just and would never do such a thing.

Don't want to go to work?
    I'll find someone else that wants a weekly paycheck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    they could just really hate their job
    Which usually leads to depression and/or various other mental health problems.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't want to go to work?
    I'll find someone else that wants a weekly paycheck.
    It’s funnier, if you say this with your dick out...