Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ok.... then what? Will Alliance players lose another capital city? Will Stormwind continue being Alliance player hub despite lorewise being controlled by hostile fanatics? Also why would the nobles support Turalyon when Anduin comes back? They are supporting him only because he's the best option left, they wouldn't support him if the rightful king returned.
    It's not unrealistic that some noble houses might be discontent with how Anduin runs things. That he is the rightful king would mean nothing if they believed Turalyon had a serious chance of overthrowing him.

    But I can't see Turalyon usurping the throne.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt this will happen because it's not really in Turalyon's character, but I don't think it would be a bad development all in all because I feel the Alliance could use some internal drama like this. But perhaps Turalyon may feel that the Anduin that returns from the Maw isn't the true Anduin - perhaps he may even be *right*.
    Another possibility is that after being in the Maw for so long, will leave Anduin unable to fill his leadership position, requiring Turalyon and Genn to remain as Regents while he recovers

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Sure, that makes sense from a historical perspective. But from a more recent perspective (and especially during Anduin's kingship), Genn has done more. Genn led the assault into Stormheim, he led much of the war campaign in Kul Tiras (especially while Jaina was captured), he has been the fill-in king for Anduin when Anduin has had to step out, and he has been one of the main advisors at Anduin's side the entire time he has been king. Compare that with Turalyon who only came into the Alliance after the campaign on Argus. He has been valuable during his time since to be sure (helping with Alonsus Faol and partially leading the defense of Stromgarde), but has he really done enough during his time post Argus to supplant Genn as the backup King of Stormwind?
    How they left the Warcraft II era Alliance may factor in, Turalyon bravely risked his life to prevent an Orcish invasion of another world, while Genn left because he just didn't want to pay for the internment camps

  3. #23
    Banned Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can't see Turalyon usurping the throne.
    Yeah, it makes as much sense as Sylvanas turning into an omnicidal psycho after being consistently portrayed as the most isolationist Horde leader all the way from Vanilla to Legion. O wait...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I would love that.
    We need a strong leader like him.
    Yeah, he can drain the light swamp.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yeah, it makes as much sense as Sylvanas turning into an omnicidal psycho after being consistently portrayed as the most isolationist Horde leader all the way from Vanilla to Legion. O wait...
    I'm well aware that Blizzard can and will do whatever they want, but if we base our speculation around that fact alone then there's no point.

  6. #26
    Old God HighlordJohnstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I live at a location, somewhere, ya know? :D
    Posts
    10,183
    I don't think that will happen. But Blizzard has done crazy things with Capital Cities before. I personally think we'll get a Dark Alliance threat in 10.0, with Turalyon, the Scarlet Crusade, and Yrel. However, I also think we'll get the Void Lords and their guys in 10.0 as well.

    As I said, 10.0 could very well be the Great War between Light and Shadow. .

    - - - Updated - - -

    This could also lead into the vision Velen saw with future Anduin.

  7. #27
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ok.... then what? Will Alliance players lose another capital city? Will Stormwind continue being Alliance player hub despite lorewise being controlled by hostile fanatics? Also why would the nobles support Turalyon when Anduin comes back? They are supporting him only because he's the best option left, they wouldn't support him if the rightful king returned.

    Oh, and obviously why would Turalyon turn into an evil Light psycho in the first place? Velen/Greymane/Alleria would realize that Lothraxion is up to no good, they are not stupid, they would stop Turalyon if they realized he's going down a dark path.
    Lothraxion is a damned Nathrezim.

    He is far more intelligent and cunning than they are.
    Stay healthy and safe, my friends. <3

  8. #28
    Legendary! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,983
    Knowing the colors of the writters currently in charge of the story, I bet that the Light bullshit will have to do with some secondary Crusade character that appears and turns out to be a baddie, as opposed to have some interesting in-Faction conflict in the Alliance side.

  9. #29
    This is an excellent theory and I think this is the direction it’s going to go. And uh…here’s a quote from a polygon interview during tides of vengeance from jan 2019 that well, might confirm that a bit:

    The Stormwind house of nobles is still present, and the writers say that there’s a strong chance the entire city of Stormwind isn’t united behind Anduin. “We’ve got to pick and choose who we focus on,” says Burke. “We’re telling so many stories and there are so many things we’re excited to show.”

    (I'd post the link, but am too new )

    Looks like this was hinting at things to come with Shadowlands. The nobles like Turalyon on the throne, but we haven’t heard one word about what they think of Anduin. This is very likely the Alliance strife coming in the near future.

  10. #30
    Banned Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Lothraxion is a damned Nathrezim.

    He is far more intelligent and cunning than they are.
    Nah. Nobody can be smarter than Anduin Sue and his BFFs, didn't you get the memo?

  11. #31
    Looking more likely by the minute, particularly with other context from the book. I have to wonder if Alleria would actually stand by him in that. The forces of light and void wielded together were shown to be terrifyingly effective.

    But what of Anduin? He's a priest, so he's likewise capable of wielding both. We even got a very deliberate nod to that in the book that was a demand by the Blizzard higher-ups to be in there, so it'll definitely come up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nah. Nobody can be smarter than Anduin Sue and his BFFs, didn't you get the memo?
    Shrodinger's Sue, Anduin is simultaneously incredibly stupid and oblivious about everything and a flawless genius depending on what people want to hate him for that minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt this will happen because it's not really in Turalyon's character, but I don't think it would be a bad development all in all because I feel the Alliance could use some internal drama like this. But perhaps Turalyon may feel that the Anduin that returns from the Maw isn't the true Anduin - perhaps he may even be *right*.
    Lothraxion could trick him into doing it. That could be a good way to make it make sense.

  13. #33
    Banned Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    6,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Shrodinger's Sue, Anduin is simultaneously incredibly stupid and oblivious about everything and a flawless genius depending on what people want to hate him for that minute.
    That's precisely the point, even if he apparently !@#$s things up, it doesn’t matter, because he never has to take any responsibility for it. Just wait and see what is going to happen to e.g. Tyrande.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's precisely the point, even if he apparently !@#$s things up, it doesn’t matter, because he never has to take any responsibility for it. Just wait and see what is going to happen to e.g. Tyrande.
    "You put the torch to Teldrassil, but I failed those who burned." That whole speech wasn't "taking responsibility"?

    If anything he takes responsibility for everything that's happened, and we see that weight crushing him. It was a really big point in Shadows Rising, but we've seen it ever since his ascension to the throne in Legion whenever we get a peek "behind the curtain" with him.

    It was Anduin who put Turalyon in this position, and when he saw him and Alleria's cruel methods in extracting information about Sylvanas, even Jaina was expecting him to be horrified, but he doubled down on it. He trusts they'll do what needs to be done. He knows of them as these legendary figures with huge statues in front of Stormwind, who have blazed a trail through the history books since he was in diapers.

    It's actually really interesting when you stop to appreciate the real writing instead of trying to pigeonhole his every action into either "stupid" or "sue."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-06 at 03:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  15. #35
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It would be cool, but it would probably just end with Anduin re-claiming Stormwind after Turalyon is vilified anyway. Blizzard isn't changing its golden boy. They're as firmly behind Anduin Wrynn as the WWE is behind Roman Reigns, to the detriment of story-telling of its product, of course.
    To be fair they're doing some cool stuff with Roman, he's a bad guy now! lol
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Lothraxion could trick him into doing it. That could be a good way to make it make sense.
    I wonder who considers who higher ranked in that hierarchy? Lothraxion is "High General" and Turalyon is "High Exarch." Maybe Turalyon's role was mainly carrying out the will of the naaru specifically while Lothraxion dealt with the military. For comparison, Yrel is also "High Exarch" on AU Draenor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It would be cool, but it would probably just end with Anduin re-claiming Stormwind after Turalyon is vilified anyway. Blizzard isn't changing its golden boy. They're as firmly behind Anduin Wrynn as the WWE is behind Roman Reigns, to the detriment of story-telling of its product, of course.
    Yep. It will end up "The Alliance is nothing" and then boom that's it.

  18. #38
    I am Murloc! Dellis0991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    5,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ok.... then what? Will Alliance players lose another capital city? Will Stormwind continue being Alliance player hub despite lorewise being controlled by hostile fanatics? Also why would the nobles support Turalyon when Anduin comes back? They are supporting him only because he's the best option left, they wouldn't support him if the rightful king returned.

    Oh, and obviously why would Turalyon turn into an evil Light psycho in the first place? Velen/Greymane/Alleria would realize that Lothraxion is up to no good, they are not stupid, they would stop Turalyon if they realized he's going down a dark path.
    I have feeling that Anduin will come back and actually be happy and relieved that Turalyon has keep the Alliance together and have keep the peace between the Alliance and Horde but later on you find out that a lot of strange happening centered around Turalyon and his rule.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Lothraxion is a damned Nathrezim.

    He is far more intelligent and cunning than they are.
    No. Being a nathrezim doesn't mean you can instantly convert people to your creed. What kind of logic even is that? It's not like just because you are smart you can instantly manipulate people, you'll have a hard time driving someone mad when they are surrounded by good people who can keep him on the right path.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-06 at 08:41 AM.
    We each walk a line. Choose yours.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt this will happen because it's not really in Turalyon's character
    It's hilarious that you think the writers would have no problem writing someone out of character.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •