Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt this will happen because it's not really in Turalyon's character, but I don't think it would be a bad development all in all because I feel the Alliance could use some internal drama like this. But perhaps Turalyon may feel that the Anduin that returns from the Maw isn't the true Anduin - perhaps he may even be *right*.
    Another possibility is that after being in the Maw for so long, will leave Anduin unable to fill his leadership position, requiring Turalyon and Genn to remain as Regents while he recovers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Sure, that makes sense from a historical perspective. But from a more recent perspective (and especially during Anduin's kingship), Genn has done more. Genn led the assault into Stormheim, he led much of the war campaign in Kul Tiras (especially while Jaina was captured), he has been the fill-in king for Anduin when Anduin has had to step out, and he has been one of the main advisors at Anduin's side the entire time he has been king. Compare that with Turalyon who only came into the Alliance after the campaign on Argus. He has been valuable during his time since to be sure (helping with Alonsus Faol and partially leading the defense of Stromgarde), but has he really done enough during his time post Argus to supplant Genn as the backup King of Stormwind?
    How they left the Warcraft II era Alliance may factor in, Turalyon bravely risked his life to prevent an Orcish invasion of another world, while Genn left because he just didn't want to pay for the internment camps

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I can't see Turalyon usurping the throne.
    Yeah, it makes as much sense as Sylvanas turning into an omnicidal psycho after being consistently portrayed as the most isolationist Horde leader all the way from Vanilla to Legion. O wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I would love that.
    We need a strong leader like him.
    Yeah, he can drain the light swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yeah, it makes as much sense as Sylvanas turning into an omnicidal psycho after being consistently portrayed as the most isolationist Horde leader all the way from Vanilla to Legion. O wait...
    I'm well aware that Blizzard can and will do whatever they want, but if we base our speculation around that fact alone then there's no point.

I don't think that will happen. But Blizzard has done crazy things with Capital Cities before. I personally think we'll get a Dark Alliance threat in 10.0, with Turalyon, the Scarlet Crusade, and Yrel. However, I also think we'll get the Void Lords and their guys in 10.0 as well.

As I said, 10.0 could very well be the Great War between Light and Shadow. .

- - - Updated - - -

This could also lead into the vision Velen saw with future Anduin.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ok.... then what? Will Alliance players lose another capital city? Will Stormwind continue being Alliance player hub despite lorewise being controlled by hostile fanatics? Also why would the nobles support Turalyon when Anduin comes back? They are supporting him only because he's the best option left, they wouldn't support him if the rightful king returned.

Oh, and obviously why would Turalyon turn into an evil Light psycho in the first place? Velen/Greymane/Alleria would realize that Lothraxion is up to no good, they are not stupid, they would stop Turalyon if they realized he's going down a dark path.
    Lothraxion is a damned Nathrezim.

He is far more intelligent and cunning than they are.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Knowing the colors of the writters currently in charge of the story, I bet that the Light bullshit will have to do with some secondary Crusade character that appears and turns out to be a baddie, as opposed to have some interesting in-Faction conflict in the Alliance side.

This is an excellent theory and I think this is the direction it’s going to go. And uh…here’s a quote from a polygon interview during tides of vengeance from jan 2019 that well, might confirm that a bit:

The Stormwind house of nobles is still present, and the writers say that there’s a strong chance the entire city of Stormwind isn’t united behind Anduin. “We’ve got to pick and choose who we focus on,” says Burke. “We’re telling so many stories and there are so many things we’re excited to show.”

(I'd post the link, but am too new )

Looks like this was hinting at things to come with Shadowlands. The nobles like Turalyon on the throne, but we haven’t heard one word about what they think of Anduin. This is very likely the Alliance strife coming in the near future.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Nah. Nobody can be smarter than Anduin Sue and his BFFs, didn't you get the memo?

Looking more likely by the minute, particularly with other context from the book. I have to wonder if Alleria would actually stand by him in that. The forces of light and void wielded together were shown to be terrifyingly effective.

But what of Anduin? He's a priest, so he's likewise capable of wielding both. We even got a very deliberate nod to that in the book that was a demand by the Blizzard higher-ups to be in there, so it'll definitely come up.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Nobody can be smarter than Anduin Sue and his BFFs, didn't you get the memo?
    Shrodinger's Sue, Anduin is simultaneously incredibly stupid and oblivious about everything and a flawless genius depending on what people want to hate him for that minute.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I doubt this will happen because it's not really in Turalyon's character, but I don't think it would be a bad development all in all because I feel the Alliance could use some internal drama like this. But perhaps Turalyon may feel that the Anduin that returns from the Maw isn't the true Anduin - perhaps he may even be *right*.
    Lothraxion could trick him into doing it. That could be a good way to make it make sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Shrodinger's Sue, Anduin is simultaneously incredibly stupid and oblivious about everything and a flawless genius depending on what people want to hate him for that minute.
    That's precisely the point, even if he apparently !@#$s things up, it doesn’t matter, because he never has to take any responsibility for it. Just wait and see what is going to happen to e.g. Tyrande.

That's precisely the point, even if he apparently !@#$s things up, it doesn’t matter, because he never has to take any responsibility for it. Just wait and see what is going to happen to e.g. Tyrande.
    "You put the torch to Teldrassil, but I failed those who burned." That whole speech wasn't "taking responsibility"?

If anything he takes responsibility for everything that's happened, and we see that weight crushing him. It was a really big point in Shadows Rising, but we've seen it ever since his ascension to the throne in Legion whenever we get a peek "behind the curtain" with him.

It was Anduin who put Turalyon in this position, and when he saw him and Alleria's cruel methods in extracting information about Sylvanas, even Jaina was expecting him to be horrified, but he doubled down on it. He trusts they'll do what needs to be done. He knows of them as these legendary figures with huge statues in front of Stormwind, who have blazed a trail through the history books since he was in diapers.

It's actually really interesting when you stop to appreciate the real writing instead of trying to pigeonhole his every action into either "stupid" or "sue."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-06 at 03:28 AM.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It would be cool, but it would probably just end with Anduin re-claiming Stormwind after Turalyon is vilified anyway. Blizzard isn't changing its golden boy. They're as firmly behind Anduin Wrynn as the WWE is behind Roman Reigns, to the detriment of story-telling of its product, of course.
    To be fair they're doing some cool stuff with Roman, he's a bad guy now! lol
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Lothraxion could trick him into doing it. That could be a good way to make it make sense.
    I wonder who considers who higher ranked in that hierarchy? Lothraxion is "High General" and Turalyon is "High Exarch." Maybe Turalyon's role was mainly carrying out the will of the naaru specifically while Lothraxion dealt with the military. For comparison, Yrel is also "High Exarch" on AU Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It would be cool, but it would probably just end with Anduin re-claiming Stormwind after Turalyon is vilified anyway. Blizzard isn't changing its golden boy. They're as firmly behind Anduin Wrynn as the WWE is behind Roman Reigns, to the detriment of story-telling of its product, of course.
    Yep. It will end up "The Alliance is nothing" and then boom that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Ok.... then what? Will Alliance players lose another capital city? Will Stormwind continue being Alliance player hub despite lorewise being controlled by hostile fanatics? Also why would the nobles support Turalyon when Anduin comes back? They are supporting him only because he's the best option left, they wouldn't support him if the rightful king returned.

Oh, and obviously why would Turalyon turn into an evil Light psycho in the first place? Velen/Greymane/Alleria would realize that Lothraxion is up to no good, they are not stupid, they would stop Turalyon if they realized he's going down a dark path.
    I have feeling that Anduin will come back and actually be happy and relieved that Turalyon has keep the Alliance together and have keep the peace between the Alliance and Horde but later on you find out that a lot of strange happening centered around Turalyon and his rule.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

No. Being a nathrezim doesn't mean you can instantly convert people to your creed. What kind of logic even is that? It's not like just because you are smart you can instantly manipulate people, you'll have a hard time driving someone mad when they are surrounded by good people who can keep him on the right path.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-06 at 08:41 AM.

I doubt this will happen because it's not really in Turalyon's character
    It's hilarious that you think the writers would have no problem writing someone out of character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    It's hilarious that you think the writers would have no problem writing someone out of character.
    Is it? It doesn't seem very funny - but then I've never really understand the whole "it's hilarious" meme. Probably a generational thing. But basically it means I think the possibility is low because, as I said, it's not in Turalyon's character. I mean they *could* still do it and write him out of character to facilitate it, but that would fall on the lower side of probability as the general expectation is continuity of characterization. Hence, I "doubt" it will happen as opposed to "it definitely and most assuredly cannot" happen.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead