Guardian Downtime and Convoke

I'm trying to contribute more to my raid by utilizing resto affinity more. So I try shift out of bear form when I have downtime (cleaning out a debuff or other tank has boss, etc) and pop rejuvis/wild growth more often that what I used to before.

How and when are you using Convoke the Spirits as a Guardian druid? I usually wait for a good window, pop Heart of the Wild with Resto Afinity, go into humanoid form and use Convoke. It's been a good raid healing "CD" so far.

Would it be more impactful if I used my downtime to go cat?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mostly been doing M+ and some bosses in Normal CN and I've mostly been doing Feral Affinity + Convoke on certain fights. The way I see it is that if the healer's are good and doing their job properly then I shouldn't have to worry about spot healing in "oh shit" moments.

So more DPS from any source in order to kill the boss faster is a win. The precious seconds during a Bloodlust phase or just a big damage window with Cat Form Convoke sometimes makes all the difference. In M+ it's really about timing when I pop HotW --> Cat Form --> Convoke and compared to other DPS the damage is lower than theirs... but it's infinitely higher than staying in Bear Form + Convoke.

Not saying that Resto Affinity + Convoke is pointless. That could definitely be a factor of make-it-or-break-it.