Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you mean that balance can evolve with time depending on characters' choices and progress... that's shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    A. If you like performance you will do whatever is necessary, plain and simple.
    Yes we can agree on that. But that still doesn't make it an enjoyable choice. It sucks. Why do we have to "do whatever is necessary". Why cant we just pick the best abilities without potentially having our machines of death joining a bunch of flimsy fairies. What's the point of it. Why are we possibly put in a situation where you can either perform like a bag of flour and be cool, or perform great but live in a tree.

Warlocks got it easy because Venthyr is the strongest covenant. And it's good for all spec for all content. So you have nothing to worry about. Most Warlocks would probably want to join Venthyr anyway.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-09-07 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Yes we can agree on that. But that still doesn't make it good choice. It sucks. Why do we have to "do whatever is necessary". Why cant we just pick the best abilities without potentially having our machines of death joining a bunch of flimsy fairies. What's the point of it.
    Because it's how Shadowlands work and you will live with it.

Not everything ingame should serve your maniacal laser focus on performance, you want best performance above all? That's the price.

Because it's how Shadowlands work and you will live with it.

Not everything ingame should serve your maniacal laser focus on performance, you want best performance above all? That's the price.
    That's a sucky attitude. If something sucks (like your sucky attitude of sucky sucking) then I don't just want to "just live with it". Especially when it serves absolutely no purpose. Only losers think that way. I really hope that Blizzard makes the Night Fae Warlock ability completely overpowered and forces you to wear a bunny costume for the whole expansion so you can see how sucky it is. And if you don't care about transmog then you are extremely weird. Any sane person cares about transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not just spells, but also abilities. Plenty of mobs have abilities you can't prevent. People vastly underestimate how common those are.
    Oh well... Lesson learned. Time to watch more recent videos from beta lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Mirrors of torment stays one of the worst abilities with no real use outside of meme situations. It's one of the few abilities im suprised wasn't changed yet.
    It can be dispelled which makes it useless for pvp and no group in the world would let a mob(or even a boss) cast three spells in quick succession for a 10 second damage buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Edit: It's also dispellable, so it will only work against retarded PvPers.
    But if you cast it on a healer, surely the act of dispelling it would at least give 1 stack, no? That's still 30% damage and is insane. If the healer messes up even slightly, you're looking at 2 stacks; 60% damage. What if the healer doesn't have dispel available as it's casted? They're essentially CC'd for 6 seconds or longer if they decide to go ahead and cast anyway.

It's not useless in PvP at all if it goes live like this.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-09-07 at 04:00 PM.

My covenant choice for each character is entirely based on aesthetics. I'm well past the point of worrying about being "optimal" or "balanced". I'm going to pick what looks good for my characters :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a sucky attitude. If something sucks (like your sucky attitude of sucky sucking) then I don't just want to "just live with it". Especially when it serves absolutely no purpose. Only losers think that way. I really hope that Blizzard makes the Night Fae Warlock ability completely overpowered and forces you to wear a bunny costume for the whole expansion so you can see how sucky it is. And if you don't care about transmog then you are extremely weird. Any sane person cares about transmog.
    For you

Many others are not of the same attitude. Can't please everyone.

If covenants would be just what your typical rep grind faction is plus table as a Shadowlands system, you'd be bitching about how it's boring.

It's fine for Covenant to be a system for Shlands. You and some others who seem to be faking it as achievers but are horrified of putting some work to that will have to live with it, so others like me can have their fun.

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, I don't give a fuck if by some miracle Night Fae ends up best lock Covenant. Their Covenant hall is rad, IMO, tied with Kyrian on looks and utility and their signature ability is pretty good for warlock.

AND their Covenant unlocks by far the best stories too with Ysera, Bwonsamdi, Drust and Night Warrior. I so far completed 2 Covenant campaigns in beta and midway Night Fae one and they just keep tossing big names at you every corner continuing their stories.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-07 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, they've come to realise that it doesn't really matter to those 1% what they do, so they're better off not designing around them.
    The point you're missing is that they have rarely designed the game around those people, let alone in the past 6 years.

I repeat: It's still the same people desinging this game and Covenants are quite frankly not that massive "RPG" feature as some might make it out to be.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-09-07 at 05:36 PM.

If covenants would be just what your typical rep grind faction is plus table as a Shadowlands system, you'd be bitching about how it's boring.
    Nope, I like systems which are just about Lore and Cosmetics. It's fine. No need to tie player power to it.

- - - Updated - - -

And BTW, I don't give a fuck if by some miracle Night Fae ends up best lock Covenant. Their Covenant hall is rad, IMO, tied with Kyrian on looks and utility and their signature ability is pretty good for warlock.

AND their Covenant unlocks by far the best stories too with Ysera, Bwonsamdi, Drust and Night Warrior. I so far completed 2 Covenant campaigns in beta and midway Night Fae one and they just keep tossing big names at you every corner continuing their stories.
    Wow... and you call yourself a Warlock. A sinister Wizard. A master of demons. I don't even want to talk to you anymore. Remove yourself from my sight! Phony!

Last edited by Kaver; 2020-09-07 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... and you call yourself a Warlock. A sinister Wizard. A master of demons. I don't even want to talk to you anymore. Remove yourself from my sight! Phony!
    First of all - Warlocks are nothing if not grabbing power from outside sources, whatever they might be. Heck, did you do green fire quest - they literally look at powers of others with envy and embarked on finding some source of their own - you have a whole book excerpt in that quest explaining it.

So yeah, quite frankly, of all classes you can imagine - Warlocks would be the ones to grab whatever they can lay their hands on.

---

Other than that, I already told you - I care about performance anyway, that comes first.

Aesthetics - I surprisingly found 3 covenants out of 4 pleasing, ironically the most "suitable" per your head-canon covenant is also the one with shittiest class hall, IMO - Necrolords... it's just a dumbass cave in a statue with a statue in it.

They do have the best covenant campaign villain tho by far and if the lorebois hunch is right - they might have the biggest relation to the what's coming next down the road.

Optimally - Kyrian and Night Fae covenants are best at navigation - you either can mount in there or get perma 50% movement speed. They also both offer access to 3rd potency conduit much faster than other 2 - several weeks faster at least. After that, IMO, both Vent and Necros are dogshit at navigation in their halls, but Vent are tiny bit better with their teleport.

For warlocks right now it's Necro - it's good to busted for 2 specs, super close runner up Kyrian which is almost as good or even might be better once inevitable Necro nerf for Aff hits.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-09-07 at 05:07 PM.

First of all - Warlocks are nothing if not grabbing power from outside sources, whatever they might be. Heck, did you do green fire quest - they literally look at powers of others with envy and embarked on finding some source of their own - you have a whole book excerpt in that quest explaining it.

So yeah, quite frankly, of all classes you can imagine - Warlocks would be the ones to grab whatever they can lay their hands on.

---

Other than that, I already told you - I care about performance anyway, that comes first.

Aesthetics - I surprisingly found 3 covenants out of 4 pleasing, ironically the most "suitable" per your head-canon covenant is also the one with shittiest class hall, IMO - Necrolords... it's just a dumbass cave in a statue with a statue in it.

They do have the best covenant campaign villain tho by far and if the lorebois hunch is right - they might have the biggest relation to the what's coming next down the road.

Optimally - Kyrian and Night Fae covenants are best at navigation - you either can mount in there or get perma 50% movement speed. They also both offer access to 3rd potency conduit much faster than other 2 - several weeks faster at least. After that, IMO, both Vent and Necros are dogshit at navigation in their halls, but Vent are tiny bit better with their teleport.

For warlocks right now it's Necro - it's good to busted for 2 specs, super close runner up Kyrian which is almost as good or even might be better once inevitable Necro nerf for Aff hits.
    You should reroll to a Vulperan Fairy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should reroll to a Vulperan Fairy.
    If that would lead to meaningful DPS increase, I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my DH from beta... wonder if that makes you mad too.

If that would lead to meaningful DPS increase, I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my DH from beta... wonder if that makes you mad too.

It does. It's disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does. It's disgusting.
    I find it hilarious, personally. I did not expect glide to work there and it looks ridiculously silly, puts a smile on a face there.

But I guess I did not let maniacal obsession over trivialities ruin my ability to have fun in WoW, despite my 12/12M Cutting Edge for years.

I find it hilarious, personally. I did not expect glide to work there and it looks ridiculously silly, puts a smile on a face there.

But I guess I did not let maniacal obsession over trivialities ruin my ability to have fun in WoW, despite my 12/12M Cutting Edge for years.
    Weird people do weird shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird people do weird shit.
    Yeah, apparently having fun in WoW is for weird people...

It's ok, I can take down mythic raid bosses AND be "weird" by having silly fun too.

Maybe that's what you can't wrap your head around in covenant system. People like to be "weird", it's fine. Not everything should be about your shitty parse in WCL. I got my 97.5% mythic there just fine, does not mean it is all it matters ever.

Yeah, apparently having fun in WoW is for weird people...

It's ok, I can take down mythic raid bosses AND be "weird" by having silly fun too.

Maybe that's what you can't wrap your head around in covenant system. People like to be "weird", it's fine. Not everything should be about your shitty parse in WCL. I got my 97.5% mythic there just fine, does not mean it is all it matters ever.
    Well now I know. Never listen to Gaidax. He is just weird. Silly and weird. But mostly weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    So kind of how talents can alter your existing abilities as you level up and get access to new talent rows? Somehow players have managed for over a decade without throwing tantrums.
    Yes, exactly, except you can change talents. You can't freely change covenants. You think q 90% dmg buff is a slight change the way say Resonance is for Arcane mage?

Please, if you don't know much about the game and just collect mounts don't have an input, it doe not concern you
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    But I was told covenants would only mean a 0.5% difference!
    That was actually quite funny, lol