Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not a single new beard for dwarves?

Even though I love the new customization for Shadowlands -especially the dwarves' one- I see sometimes lack of creativity. How is it possible to not have a single new beard for dwarves? Mate, you could've created a new one with cool plaits.. I don't know, just something new.

I think some races have got better customizations than others, which makes me think they didn't have enough time to focus on every single race and they just added more stuff to the most played ones (almost).
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-06 at 06:43 PM.

IDK ff14 art team pumps out like 2-3 new hairstyles per patch and these people can't even make new stuff once every 10 years.

The fact that now you seperately chose beard and moustache gives you a lot of new options.

Honestly, I'm shocked anyone complains about new dwarf customisation. My main is a dwarf, and I'm so happy with new options (mohawk + tatoos... yes, yes, yes).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    IDK ff14 art team pumps out like 2-3 new hairstyles per patch and these people can't even make new stuff once every 10 years.
    FFXIV has like 6 races, and most of them share a common rig.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    And most of them are humans with assorted animal ears, plus the cat guy and lalas. Funny how making low effort races means easier haircuts, but for some reason people love humans with animal ears.

My guess is that they had to waste quite a bit of time redoing the way character customization is stored.

It seems that even after WoD, they kept some very restrictive database rules for the customization options, and in order to add more categories and combinations of different elements, they had to update it to something more modular.

Hopefully, now that they've gotten that out of the way, they'll sprinkle something new with each patch.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2020-09-06 at 05:36 PM.

Pretty much every "new" customization the races got were just unlinked shit we already had except for the jewelry and tattoo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    And most of them are humans with assorted animal ears, plus the cat guy and lalas. Funny how making low effort races means easier haircuts, but for some reason people love humans with animal ears.
    It's adorable how you think that's a legitimate counterargument.

The simple truth is Blizzard has never cared about how the characters look. The fact that they've done what they've done this time is simply awesome (in the actual definition of the of the term; it's not a praise), and almost definitely because they decided it was easier to throw the problem at the coders and artists than have the developers work on adding something with merit to the game like another class or race.

Almost everything those people do is to make their life easier. Stripping down talents to just a couple of choices? Nope, that wasn't for us. Getting rid of glyphs worth a damn? Not for us. Triviliazing gems? Not for us. Altering the stats of your gear to your preference? Not for us. etc.

And this certainly wasn't for us, beyond a selling point for an expansion colossally empty of any real, interesting, character-oriented content. "Here's a bunch of old skills/spells and, uh, sure, we'll make the artists split some of the appearance choices up. You happy? Oh wait, I already know the sycophants will be, and everyone else will throw money at us no matter what we do, so why give a shit either way?" --Them

You can now mix and match beard and mustache though. So, there are new combinations you can make.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's fine....I still can't tell after 15 years if they are saying "Do you want a pint?" or "Do you want to fight?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    ff14 character models look awful compared to the wow ones - the newer game with objectively less detailed models
    HAHAHAH no.

WoW right now on PTR has models with hair that floats above their head (undead male) shoulders that float above their shoulders (goblin female) shields clip into almost every should of any male character, there is zero blending on 90% of the facial hairs on male.

Most of these options are separating things we already have, and adding JEWELRY. (which FF14 shows equipped jewelry) Even eye color is a preset list.
    Most races got like 2 new hairstyles. They make tons of new helmets and such so acting like hairstyles is some how harder to mold to races head is a bit of a cop out. They just don't care.

I mean tauren still have fur color and hair color linked in one option for some stupid reason. Worgen Face is still linked to scars. They used this as a huge selling point and still half-assed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Female Dwarves need some Beard Options.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Was hoping for a "no-beard" option so I could sport a mustache only or nothing.
    Some helmets allready does it and it makes my warrior look fierce lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Was hoping for a "no-beard" option so I could sport a mustache only or nothing.
    Some helmets allready does it and it makes my warrior look fierce lol
    Im quite surprised Blizzard havnt improved the beards for so long - the first update was really good, but they could go SO much further with it. And yes, i agree a Mo / Handlebar sorta thing would be pretty cool, so would some dwarf appropriate goatees.

Beards cost 1/2 a raid tier didn't you know?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Doesn't change the fact WoW has objectively higher quality art and models
    *subjectively.

Speaking of beards, the Night Elves "Vines Beard" is clearly the best beard in game. We need this without the vines for other races too.

I'm actually getting worried how few updates on customisation we've seen for a while now to be honest. Is this really going to be it?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Also, the fact that they separated beard and mustache optioms is really cool, and they need to give it to blood and void elves already

3+ Year Old Account
    Well, troll men don't have beard either. They could at least give you the option to add bands/rings to your Dwarf's beard I guess
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Customization in wow is lacking as fuck. Most of the "new" features are just old features but independent of each other

Unless you are human, which keep getting new stuff every week almost
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.