Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    I actually enjoy outlaw the most out of all rogue specs. However, I'm very new to playing a rogue and it is a big change coming from a fury warrior where I have to spam the keyboard so hard I almost get carpal tunnel syndrome. Do you guys press a button every gcd or do you just keep the important stuff on cooldown and make sure you dont cap on energy?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Snater View Post
    I actually enjoy outlaw the most out of all rogue specs. However, I'm very new to playing a rogue and it is a big change coming from a fury warrior where I have to spam the keyboard so hard I almost get carpal tunnel syndrome. Do you guys press a button every gcd or do you just keep the important stuff on cooldown and make sure you dont cap on energy?
    Welcome!
    Capping on energy is like overcapping on fury. Primary resource wasted, so you should try not to cap often.
    Pooling comes in play for assassination rogue, when you want to pool, but not cap, your energy before casting Envenom so you can quickly cast Mutilate's and apply beefy poisons within Envenom window.

    Anyhow, Outlaw does become speedy/spammy with better stats and good roll of the bones, but even then i find it way more fun than 3 button spam fury with +1 in execute phase.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    There's just so many abilities now, I just don't know where I'm going to keybind them.

    Roll The Bones and Slice & Dice was always an either/or. Now I have to maintain both?

    Between The Eyes AND Kidney Shot?

    Shiv was always optional. Now it's default along with Dreadblades. Two more I need to keybind.

    An n52 AND a multi-button mouse, and still not enough room.
    Are you just using like 15 keybinds? rogue still doesnt have much in terms of button bloat, Im not exactly sure where the problem comes from for you, and I definitely dont use an MMO mouse. Also, the only spec that has to use shiv in their primary rotation, and not as utility, is assassination, since it is the baseline version of toxic blades

  4. #84
    I don't know if it's my favorite spec, but the changes are an improvement for my tastes. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of RtB RNG, but I can appreciate how it can change up the flow of combat. My big issue with it was having to waste multiple sets of combo points fishing for good buffs. That hasn't gone entirely, but I appreciate I'm not just sitting there casting RtB over and over.

    SnD coming back feels nice to me as well. Combat/Outlaw overall has alwasy felt like it needed something else for me. Bandits Guile could be interesting depending on the situation, but wasn't always interesting. I don't mind the extra buff tracking. I also wonder if the disparity between SnD hate is when people started playing rogue. I've had a rogue as a main or alt since Classic, so tracking SnD feels like the most natural thing in the world. On the flip side of that, I've always thought Symbols of Death was an awful button, but newer rogues don't seem to mind it.

    Between the Eyes stun being removed is an interesting choice. It adds something as a DPS cooldown, but having a ranged stun was nice. I think it's one of those things that will be a benefit in some situations and a detriment in others. It has some nice burst opportunities if you have Sharks as well.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Welcome!
    Capping on energy is like overcapping on fury. Primary resource wasted, so you should try not to cap often.
    Pooling comes in play for assassination rogue, when you want to pool, but not cap, your energy before casting Envenom so you can quickly cast Mutilate's and apply beefy poisons within Envenom window.

    Anyhow, Outlaw does become speedy/spammy with better stats and good roll of the bones, but even then i find it way more fun than 3 button spam fury with +1 in execute phase.
    Yeah I noticed that once I got a bit of gear. It does seem the most enjoyable spec out of all rogue specs for me and I'm happy to go into shadowlands as outlaw.

  6. #86
    Outlaw is a massive improvement from BfA. This is a you problem.
    change can't wait.

  7. #87
    They lost me on my rogue the day they decided to create these identity specs..

  8. #88
    roll the bones was a mistake

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    lol tons of people love outlaw
    Yep, at least 10 players love Outlaw :P

    I personally enjoy it so far. I can certainly understand that it's not for everyones liking, but I honestly believe you would be better off presenting your arguments on the official forums so the developers are at least a bit more likely to read it ( I have no idea if they ever read these forums)

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    i am not a master mind in matters of explanation, but what they did to outlaw feels wrong. my complete flow i had with outlaw is completely destroyed. constantly confusing roll the bones with slice and dice, keep using between the eyes as stun instead of kidney shot, not paying attention to when roll the bones is ready or depleted and sometimes I totally forget about pressing it as a cooldown because I'm not used to it. There's so much stuff you have to keep up and pay attention to, that the actual gameplay experience with outlaw comes to a standstill.

    you cannot tell me that this is the version we get on live servers. my whole muscle memory is lost. I had to rebind all my keys because it's a complete clusterfuck for me. call me autistic, but I can't deal with that change. no way.

    anyone else feels like that or am I alone?
    Outlaw is actually improved from bfa. The issue is not the spec. It is you.

  11. #91
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Outlaw is actually improved from bfa. The issue is not the spec. It is you.
    What do you say is better for Outlaw rogue since BFA? Roll of the bones being gone as something you got to re-roll? I feel there is still something clunky. Literally have my to use over 10 abilities : Sinister Strike, SnD, RtB, BtE, Evis, Vanish, Blade Rush, AR, Covenant Ability and in Multi Target add Blade Furry. That feels at times overwhelming. On a dummy, it's great.

    If I may add, I miss that in Legion Rogues had a reason to use Pickpocket. Changes at epic weapon and a currency we could collect for cosmetic and gold... Now this is an ability on my stealth bar I never use. Pickpocket for 5silver? Yeah. No thanks.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    If I may add, I miss that in Legion Rogues had a reason to use Pickpocket. Changes at epic weapon and a currency we could collect for cosmetic and gold... Now this is an ability on my stealth bar I never use. Pickpocket for 5silver? Yeah. No thanks.
    You don't use Pickpocket. You macro it to CS, Ambush, Garrote and Sap and call it a day. Also, there seems to be lockboxes again but Im not sure if pickpocketed or just looted after death.

  13. #93
    Im leveling my rogue alt, thought id main sub rogue but really dont like its aoe abilities.
    Atleast with outlaw i hit blade flurry and forget about having to spam aoe abilities.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    Im leveling my rogue alt, thought id main sub rogue but really dont like its aoe abilities.
    Atleast with outlaw i hit blade flurry and forget about having to spam aoe abilities.
    Sub gets better when you get Black Powder. Not as strong as BF of course, but actually feels like you are doing a different rotation for a different situation which IMO is good design. Also, Sub and Assa have on demand AoE while Outlaw AoE is tied to cooldowns which is less than ideal when blasting through old raids and dungeons.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of the change to having to manage both Slice and Dice and Roll the Bones, but more so because I've never been a fan of RtB in any of its incarnations, have always preferred old-style Combat Rogue compared to Outlaw Rogue.
    Ikr? Having to spamm RtB felt awful. Thank god it's no combo point consumer anymore.
    Ryzen 7 3700x CPU
    AMD 5700xt GPU
    Aorus ELITE Gaming Motherboard
    Dark Rock 4 Cooler
    Meshify C Case
    750W A+ Corsair Power Supply

  16. #96
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    You don't use Pickpocket. You macro it to CS, Ambush, Garrote and Sap and call it a day. Also, there seems to be lockboxes again but Im not sure if pickpocketed or just looted after death.
    Mind to share the macro, whenever I try to chain two action on a macro it seems I need to press it twice in order to do it... It would be appreciated!

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Mind to share the macro, whenever I try to chain two action on a macro it seems I need to press it twice in order to do it... It would be appreciated!
    This is the simplest iteration of the macro. you can add a lot of stuff to it like stance macros so you also PP while shadowdancing

    #showtooltip Sap
    /cast Pickpocket
    /cast Sap

    Since Pickpocket doesn't trigger the global cooldown, you don't need to press twice. however, sometimes due to server lag the loot frame will appear and disappear in miliseconds but don't worry since the pickpocketed loot will be added to the general loot after you kill the mob. That of course if you have autoloot turned on (as everybody should do)

    EDIT: you can create one for each stealth ability. ie: cheap shot, ambush/shadowstrike and garrote
    EDIT 2: Pickpocket won't work if you shadowstrike from a distance because of the teleport. In that situation, when you press the macro first it will try to pickpocket but since the mob is not in range will jump to the second action (shadowstrike) and teleport you to the mob.
    EDIT3: I'm never sure if the actual name is Pick Pocket or Pickpocket. Sorry I'm on my office laptop :P
    Last edited by Sunderella; 2020-12-01 at 03:43 PM.

  18. #98
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    This is the simplest iteration of the macro. you can add a lot of stuff to it like stance macros so you also PP while shadowdancing

    #showtooltip Sap
    /cast Pickpocket
    /cast Sap

    Since Pickpocket doesn't trigger the global cooldown, you don't need to press twice. however, sometimes due to server lag the loot frame will appear and disappear in miliseconds but don't worry since the pickpocketed loot will be added to the general loot after you kill the mob. That of course if you have autoloot turned on (as everybody should do)

    EDIT: you can create one for each stealth ability. ie: cheap shot, ambush/shadowstrike and garrote
    EDIT 2: Pickpocket won't work if you shadowstrike from a distance because of the teleport. In that situation, when you press the macro first it will try to pickpocket but since the mob is not in range will jump to the second action (shadowstrike) and teleport you to the mob.
    EDIT3: I'm never sure if the actual name is Pick Pocket or Pickpocket. Sorry I'm on my office laptop :P
    Thank you very much Sunderella Much appreciated

  19. #99
    I honestly, have enjoyed Outlaw and Subtlety a lot so far. You're telling me you can't Roll the Bones into a pull and 5 CP S&D before doing major damage? It's that much of a hinderance to you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •