Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

shadowlands outlaw is just terrible

i am not a master mind in matters of explanation, but what they did to outlaw feels wrong. my complete flow i had with outlaw is completely destroyed. constantly confusing roll the bones with slice and dice, keep using between the eyes as stun instead of kidney shot, not paying attention to when roll the bones is ready or depleted and sometimes I totally forget about pressing it as a cooldown because I'm not used to it. There's so much stuff you have to keep up and pay attention to, that the actual gameplay experience with outlaw comes to a standstill.

you cannot tell me that this is the version we get on live servers. my whole muscle memory is lost. I had to rebind all my keys because it's a complete clusterfuck for me. call me autistic, but I can't deal with that change. no way.

anyone else feels like that or am I alone?
    Last edited by exsanguinate; 2020-09-06 at 06:50 PM.

slice and dice should never have come back. Its just another thing you need to keep up that feels like shit if you don't have and doesn't really notice if you do have it on. It just further complicated rotation by adding a really unrewarding button press that requires combopoint, combo points you should have been using on soemthing else. A finishing move, not a fire and forget passive. No bang for your buck pressing this ability. Feels really unrewarding

OP, everything you said boils down to Git Gud. SL Outlaw is a massive step up from BfA Outlaw.
    Last edited by RamenBowl; 2020-09-06 at 08:10 PM.

your entire complaint is just "I havent adapted to the new changes yet" which says nothing of the quality of those changes, despite you saying it's "terrible" in the OP

idk how you would've survived when blizzard was doing complete overhauls of classes/specs lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm not a fan of the change to having to manage both Slice and Dice and Roll the Bones, but more so because I've never been a fan of RtB in any of its incarnations, have always preferred old-style Combat Rogue compared to Outlaw Rogue.
    Last edited by Kufell; 2020-09-06 at 11:14 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw is fine, go play some other spec

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    i am not a master mind in matters of explanation, but what they did to outlaw feels wrong. my complete flow i had with outlaw is completely destroyed. constantly confusing roll the bones with slice and dice, keep using between the eyes as stun instead of kidney shot, not paying attention to when roll the bones is ready or depleted and sometimes I totally forget about pressing it as a cooldown because I'm not used to it. There's so much stuff you have to keep up and pay attention to, that the actual gameplay experience with outlaw comes to a standstill.

you cannot tell me that this is the version we get on live servers. my whole muscle memory is lost. I had to rebind all my keys because it's a complete clusterfuck for me. call me autistic, but I can't deal with that change. no way.

anyone else feels like that or am I alone?
    Well then, it seems to be a L2P issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of the change to having to manage both Slice and Dice and Roll the Bones, but more so because I've never been a fan of RtB in any of its incarnations, have always preferred old-style Combat Rogue compared to Outlaw Rogue.
    I only have an rogue alt so correct me if im wrong, doesn't rtb have an 45 second cd now?

If SnD uptime + every 45 seconds rtb is too much for the OP.... oof.
    I'm pretty happy with the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    I only have an rogue alt so correct me if im wrong, doesn't rtb have an 45 second cd now?

If SnD uptime + every 45 seconds rtb is too much for the OP.... oof.
    I'm pretty happy with the changes.
    Minus the time taken off it with finishers, but only really if you get a bad buff and need to reroll sooner, but still not a major issue to deal with, just takes some getting used to.

Do you just want classes to never change at all so you never have to think about new buttons to press? Sounds boring to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you just explained how bad you are playing rogue... Maybe get Hekili addon? It helps alot practicing new classes/specs. It shows what to press next and you can customize it to look as you want. It have helped me alot since I play pretty much every spec in game and sometimes it is just bit hard to remember the cycle of a spec after playing other specs for a month or so.

New Outlaw feels really fluid and fun to play. No need to recast 10 times Bones because getting same useless roll every time. And slice n dice brings much needed speed into the combat. I've loved Slice n dice always but I must say it fits best for the Outlaw. For assassin it's really annoying to use.

You literally just keep up Slice n dice all the time and Bones on CD unless getting really good roll and between the eyes when you wanna have burst window (which happens almost every 20 sec). Your other skills are just to spam spender because getting CP is so fast now.

Hm I already knew that people would come with "L2P" and "you're just bad at rogue". That's not the case. Yes I'm not used to the new changes but that's not the general problem, I despise the new style of playing outlaw.

You should have left between the eyes just as it is, not added slice and dice at all, because it is completely useless and does not fit in and roll the bones could have been more qualitative rework. And the idea with the between the eyes debuff is absolutely snotty anyway. Have fun with the efficient target switch.

And yes I am pissed. My trigger finger is still pressing between the eyes instead of kidney shot and roll the bones instead of slice and dice, but what do you expect when 4 years of grooving on something like that. I don't have a problem with classes rework in general, but more with adding trivial things you just have to press in a certain time window. There goes the whole dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    slice and dice should never have come back. Its just another thing you need to keep up that feels like shit if you don't have and doesn't really notice if you do have it on. It just further complicated rotation by adding a really unrewarding button press that requires combopoint, combo points you should have been using on soemthing else. A finishing move, not a fire and forget passive. No bang for your buck pressing this ability. Feels really unrewarding
    Couldnt agree more, i HATE S&D! Its the most unrewarding button press in the game! I spend ten seconds building combo points for my big finisher and NOPE! s&d is about to fall off so you HAVE TO REFRESH THAT SHIT!
    boring.
    Was glad when it left, roll the bones was far more 'fun', its a little awkward with the rerolling but you really felt the buffs they gave, they actually impacted your play style and made you add in other abilities, increased tempo, gave bigger numbers or in the rare occasion gave everything all at once!

BfA Outlaw felt horrible without Curse of the Dreadblades. And now it's back.

As for keeping stuff up. Just use WeakAuras..

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    BfA Outlaw felt horrible without Curse of the Dreadblades. And now it's back.

As for keeping stuff up. Just use WeakAuras..
    Hmm, is there still any class you can play without any addons? I doubt it. Especially not on a competetive level. Designing classes like "just use addon XYZ if you struggle with overviewing" is questionable. My screen already is full of WA stuff and I don't need more tbh.

I don't like spending 50 energy on Rtb, which is the same RNG fiesta as it was in BFA only with a smaller pool and also painful with that low secondary stats at the very beginning of an addon. Removing the stun from Between the Eyes is also not appealing and I know many rogue player were complaining on several forums. If you like the rework, it's fine.
    Last edited by exsanguinate; 2020-09-07 at 11:09 AM.

Hmm, is there still any class you can play without any addons? I doubt it. Especially not on a competetive level. Designing classes like "just use addon XYZ if you struggle with overviewing" is questionable. My screen already is full of WA stuff and I don't need more tbh.
    I played brewmaster monk in 8.2 without any addons (AotC / Mythic+10s). I mean, you can play without them, but addons make your life easier. If you want to play at a CE competitive level then any class/spec will require addons.

I know many rogue player were complaining on several forums.
    Make your own claims. Anyone can cherry pick people that agree with them. A phrase like this is a sure sign this thread was made without any intention of having a discussion. "Other people agree with me," is something people say when they have no real argument. It's fine to not like something. Don't bring other people into your personal issues.

That said, as of this post, you're literally the only person in this thread complaining about it. That certainly makes it look like a you problem anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Make your own claims. Anyone can cherry pick people that agree with them. A phrase like this is a sure sign this thread was made without any intention of having a discussion. "Other people agree with me," is something people say when they have no real argument. It's fine to not like something. Don't bring other people into your personal issues.

That said, as of this post, you're literally the only person in this thread complaining about it. That certainly makes it look like a you problem anyway.
    I never said I speak for the majority. I know I'm not alone with my thoughts, at least.

I never said I speak for the majority. I know I'm not alone with my thoughts, at least.
    Given the amount of players, you are never alone with any opinion. It just doesn't validate your opinion either.
    Who knows, maybe in four years you can't imagine going back?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Given the amount of players, you are never alone with any opinion. It just doesn't validate your opinion either.
    Who knows, maybe in four years you can't imagine going back?
    I am very optimistic that i will get used to it quickly, but i just don't like the changes in general for outlaw. No one can tell me that blizzard has racked their brains to get the maximum potential out of this spec. That's more like being spit on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯