Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The reason why you keep putting in quotes is proof enough that you are using a non-standard meaning.
    Ah, so now on top of redefining terms (which you have accused me of), now you're now projecting what you feel onto what I wrote? (Which you also have accused me of)

    I put the words "in quotes" to put them in emphasis.

    Also an expansion ends when the pre-patch comes out.
    The expansion "ends" when the pre-patch for the next expansion goes live. And the expansion "is done" when the last content patch for the current expansion goes live.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  2. #122
    I don't believe time correlates with quality. That's Blizzard speak and I only believe Blizzard 10% of the time when I am drunk. Competence and freedom of expression correlates with quality. Truth to be told, I don't believe Blizzard is competent and I'd wager a phat amount of $$$ they don't possess the freedom of expression/ creativity they did 10 or even 5 years ago. There's a fair chance they might get Shadowlands right, better than 50/50, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've spent a solid amount of time on alpha/beta and I already like it better than BFA.
    Let's be honest though, most will like SL over BFA because BFA was pretty lame, brought in GCD changes and in general played poorly. SL looks to be better, but let's play it and find out first.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    WoD is still much disliked, as is Cata.
    Agreed, if and when Cata/WoD servers are re-launched by blizzard, they won't be as popular as the classic/TBC/Wrath ones. It is generally considered that TBC/Wrath/MoP/Vanilla are the best times of the game, Cata/WoD/BFA are the worst and Legion sits somewhere in between.

    I will happily drop playing SL to go play TBC when it hits, even if SL is really good.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Was from WOWpedia (didn't go into detail) ... point is multiple expansions have had about the same content time as BfA (+/1 a week or two).

    Also - BfA has had one of the shortest post content droughts of any expansion as well.
    who cares? i would rather suffer content drought that is good vs bfa content that is newer and shittier

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Don't you remember how bad the "MoP content drought" was, back then, while we waited for the next expansion?
    No, in fact I don't.

    They had Scenarios for downtime, Timeless Isle for alt grinding, dungeons + Valor Point upgrades to keep people going even long after they 'finished' the raid without any crazy RNG holding people back, Reforging to let people play around with different gear sets if they felt like it, AND the addition of Flex raiding adding a new group of people who could still do the raid (which was an entertaining raid) late into the patch made sure this didn't happen. MoP had so much to keep people doing stuff that the 'drought' was hardly one at all - MOST players still had content to complete despite the downtime.

    If anything, I remember the MoP drought LESS than the BfA drought, and that should tell you a lot considering I remember the ICC drought more than the BfA drought.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-09-09 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Those are excuses ultimately. Game development is something EASILY done from home. Stop pretending it's 2002.
    Lol. Armchairs game developers...

  7. #127
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Let's be honest though, most will like SL over BFA because BFA was pretty lame, brought in GCD changes and in general played poorly. SL looks to be better, but let's play it and find out first.
    I guess you missed the 'spent a lot of time on alpha/beta' bit of my post? I have played a ton of SL, most of the content that will be available until 9.1, so I understand how I feel about it, thanks.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans Daffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Computer Chair
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, let's just forget about the impact covid-19 had on the world, and the huge delays (and complete stops) that were a direct consequence of the pandemic.

    I wouldn't just expect a more polished\complete expansion because of a few (2?) extra months in comparison to usual expansion duration, when we had way longer than that as complete lockout and production halt (they eventually started to work from home, but not immediately, and not nearly at the same productivity level). So i just feel it's a naive conclusion the op is making.
    Covid-19 does not go through the ethernet

    Gottem
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Unfortunately Shadowlands is already set up to fail.
    Basically nothing relevant to do at 60, story in shambles, disjointed locations. Some classes are still a joke (looking at you Havoc DH), Covenants can never be balanced. Maw not even remotely finished, personally not a fan of roguelikes, new m+ affixes look terrible. Levelling will be an even worse experience than BfA, no idea how they managed to do that.
    Yeah, better luck next time in 2 years maybe.
    Ok, see you in 2 years. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    This level of borrowed powers started legoin; it was a problem in legion, still a problem in BFA, and will be a problem in SL.
    It is a design choice, not a problem. As an aspiring game developer, I'd love to know your idea on how to solve ever-increasing in number abilities as expansions progress in a 16 year old game.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    No, in fact I don't.

    They had Scenarios for downtime, Timeless Isle for alt grinding, dungeons + Valor Point upgrades to keep people going even long after they 'finished' the raid without any crazy RNG holding people back, Reforging to let people play around with different gear sets if they felt like it, AND the addition of Flex raiding adding a new group of people who could still do the raid (which was an entertaining raid) late into the patch made sure this didn't happen. MoP had so much to keep people doing stuff that the 'drought' was hardly one at all - MOST players still had content to complete despite the downtime.

    If anything, I remember the MoP drought LESS than the BfA drought, and that should tell you a lot considering I remember the ICC drought more than the BfA drought.
    Scenarios were not endgame. In fact, scenarios weren't even "middle game". Hell, they were useless, so much so they were scrapped in the following expansion.
    Timeless Isle is useless aside from mindless grinding. Raiders had little to no reason to set foot there. Hell, even LFR players had little reason to set foot there.
    Valor points quickly become useless because you'd have already upgraded all your gear not even mid-way through the content drought.
    Flex raiding was useless to stretch out content since it's just the exact same fights, only with a different number of people with you, and rewarded only marginally better gear than LFR.
    Siege of Orgrimmar quickly lost is fun factor mid-way through the content drought. It was so bad that even my guild of mega-casuals at the time persevered long enough to progress to heroic Garrosh (now mythic Garrosh).

    In short: MoP had little to keep people doing stuff. Even for alt-a-holics.You're honestly the first person I see to say that MoP's content drought "was not that bad". Then again, I saw someone today make a thread about WoD being the best expansion, and praised the infamous "selfie patch", so there's that.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

  12. #132
    Herald of the Titans msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    they said this after WOD aswell. but because Legion happened they somehow started with a clean slate again? because BFA happened and now we are saying the same thing
    I mean yeah it's easy to dismiss anything anyone says, but subs keeps droppin and more and more people are migrating over to Final Fantasy. Proof is in the pudding, don't gotta take my or their words for it, can just use your eyeballs and watch the 6 month sub mounts get churned out, hint: they're panic buttons.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, let's just forget about the impact covid-19 had on the world, and the huge delays (and complete stops) that were a direct consequence of the pandemic.

    I wouldn't just expect a more polished\complete expansion because of a few (2?) extra months in comparison to usual expansion duration, when we had way longer than that as complete lockout and production halt (they eventually started to work from home, but not immediately, and not nearly at the same productivity level). So i just feel it's a naive conclusion the op is making.

    - - - Updated - - -



    So, in all honesty, the same as every other expansion? this is just silly criticism.
    Do not tell me you are going to legit give blizzard a break because of covid... extra time doesn’t completely change their expansion features and plans it would only make them imbalanced/glitched.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Did you read your data? Shadowlands launch follows a 9 month post content drought. TBC and Wotlk followed a 7 and 7.5. 7 is shorter than 9. Shadowlands does not follow one of the shortest droughts. Using your argument BFA and MoP both have one of the shortest droughts as well.
    Just being stupid here, its the third shortest drought so yes it is one of the shortest. He never said it was THE shortest

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    This level of borrowed powers started legoin; it was a problem in legion, still a problem in BFA, and will be a problem in SL.
    Cool opinion, but I completely disagree myself. Borrowed powers is a exiting fresh of breath air for me.
    Hi

  16. #136
    BfA and 8.3 lasted way too long for my taste, but thats mostly because I felt it dragged out already in March so I have been longing for Shadowlands for a long time. But 9 months of last patch is still acceptable, and may the 14 months of doing one raid never happen again as we had in MoP and WoD. Absolutely horrible.
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  17. #137
    The Lightbringer Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Burpelson Air Force Base
    Posts
    3,148
    Crazy that it has lasted this long and yet I'm not really looking forward to Shadowlands. Maybe I'm just too jaded to care at this point.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.


  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    People will dip their toes into Shadowlands and then immediately bounce the moment it feels bad. It won't be like BFA where people were "so conflicted and heart broken over the game they love", any sentiments have been long forgotten. It's nut up or shut up time for Blizzard and everyone can kind of sense it.

    For example, lets say I get in and I'm trying out Frost DK. If I don't feel good and see numbers and damage and I'm not having fun, that's it, I'm done. I'm not gonna try and do the raid and stick anything out other than casual gameplay, there won't be a point. It's on to the next class or game, whichever makes more sense.
    I will continue to play even if it feels bad.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    At 26 months by the time Shadowlands is out. Given how long this expansion has dragged on for, does it give you hope for Shadowlands? They have had by far the most time to work on an expansion, and given it has now been a few years since the dev team has increased dramatically, should we expect an impeccable expansion for Shadowlands?
    That's, why it was so stretched. Blizzard tried to make experiment. What, if we'd give them large amount of so called "content"? Would they keep playing? I personally don't. I prefer, when content becomes casual friendly and replayable, when Blizzard want to keep players playing for a long period of time without new content. And I don't see any improvements in SL. They returned dailies to remove players' choice to do, what they want, not what Blizzard want to force them to do. Overall that's because players hate things, like rep grinds, so they prefer to do emissaries only via doing easy mob kill WQs, that don't involve any time wasting. They don't want to do all that 25 rep WQs in order to get extra rep per week. May be at the end it would be even 200% rep, but it doesn't feel rewarding. Blizzard remove your choice, so now if you want to do "emissary" - you have to do, what they say, not what you want. Torghast is about challenge again. And I don't like challenge. And of course that famous Maw with ground mounts removed. And at the end I also don't like it's story.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The past events are not changed to mean something completely different. We are just learning more about how those events came to be. The Nathrezim delivered the helm and blade to the Legion who turned it into the end result that we saw on Azeroth. Learning more with an expanded backstory isn't always a retcon. And what you keep mentioning hasn't been changed since at least Chronicles was released which was a few months prior to Legion. Which means they didn't change the story for Shadowlands but set up the lore prior. And Blizzard has set up chronicles to be told from a biased/unreliable narrator. So things can be slightly changed with out technically being a retcon.
    Looks like we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes a retcon then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •