Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Omg... maybe you don’t value your time.

He would rather pay money because he values his time, unlike you.

Paying IRL money, speeds things up, why do you not value your life?
    I'd make a hell of a lot of money a lot faster by robbing banks than working my 40 hour a week job, but we don't always get what we want in life immediately. You really sound like a sad alt account defending the OP right now, though, just saying.

Stop talking.
    If you wanted this conversation to stop the better thing to do is to simply not reply. Telling someone to "stop talking" is very toxic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Because we live in a place of freedom of speech,
    And I think that his opinion is worth more than your comment..
    So you think it's ok to break the rules if someone disagrees with you? You are wrong about this freedom of speech that we "live in". This is a website with rules. One rule is that you cannot exercise your "freedom of speech" here. Even if you took this attitude to america you would find that you would be wrong. You can't break the rules there because of freedom of speech. This is coming from someone who actually pays taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Stop talking.
    Haha priceless.

“I believe in freedom of speech... but only for people who agrees with me. So stop talking cause my idea of what freedom of speech is doesn’t apply to you”

Shit like this make my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Haha priceless.

“I believe in freedom of speech... but only for people who agrees with me. So stop talking cause my idea of what freedom of speech is doesn’t apply to you”

Shit like this make my day.
    I didn't even realize the irony. Holy shit thank you for pointing that out.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

WoW Token is not that bad but its use needs to be limited for lets say once a year or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    The Real Money Auction House ruined Diablo 3, and with the BFA the WoW Token has ruined WoW.
    You realize the current version of the wowtoken has been in the game since Warlords. Nothing has changed. You have the ability to make enough gold without spending a single real world dollar, including covering your sub cost. You're just lazy, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

We have freedom of speech, people are allowed to express their opinions
    Stop talking.
    Hilarious.
    Last edited by Sezh; 2020-09-07 at 06:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue "destroying" WoW's economy isn't WoW tokens. I'd surmise the majority of people are not dumping hundreds of real-life dollars into just making fairly insignificant gold (you'd need to spend nearly 200 dollars just for one million gold, and there's a limit to how many you can resell per month per account anyway.)

I'd say the "destroying of the economy" is a lot more pursuant to:

1) multiboxing/botting farmers
    2) No meaningful gold sinks

You see the multiboxing farmers all over the place. They'll run eight toons in a circle farming up nodes of ore or herbs that not only deprive other people from farming them (yes, the nodes do have a harvest limit before despawning,) but allow them to collect at such a scale that they can basically destroy the market for any one material because they can undercut anyone else selling to the point that it's no longer profitable for anyone else, but they themselves can post at such a volume that it doesn't matter to them.

Furthermore, there are many pockets of NPCs in BFA that will basically just respawn on endless loops if two or three people are killing them, prompting multiboxers and botters to just park some moonkin in a single spot and endlessly spam moonfire while another toon skins/loots on repeat, collecting scores of skins, meat, and cloth mats that absolutely destroy any market for that material. You'd expect skins/cloth/meats to fetch a few gold per in previous expansions, with rarer skins fetching double digit gold. This is not the case in BFA; skinning and tailoring mats sell for mere silver each. Additionally, leathworking toons can take all this mass farmed leather and craft it into BFA starting greens and then just vendor it for a tidy profit. So that basically removes the ability for non-multiboxers/botters to make gold in that entire trade mat area.

And while people might say that this is "good" because it lowers the cost of materials for most players... what it really does is bottom out the market on the low end and then funnel huge amounts of gold into a very few players, making the top end things... like mounts, gear, and consumables and trade mats that aren't as easily botted/multiboxed cost waaaaaaay more gold.

And don't tell me "it's just multiboxers, not botters, which aren't against the TOS, so QQ more!" because I've reported... and have received confirmation of action taken against accounts... from blizzard that these multiboxers are indeed botting while farming as well on multiple occasions.

As far as the "no meaningful gold sinks," the Brutosaur and Spider and frogs so forth might cost hundreds of thousands to millions of gold, but... you only need to get them once per account, and then every character has them. So sure, one multiboxer account might have to drop five million gold once... but after that, they have no need to ever buy it again, and infact you've really only increased the efficiency at which they earn gold. The black market auction house is too sporadic to offer a reliable gold sink, and still has slots rolling gear from old raids that can easily be farmed instead of things players would realistically even sink gold into.

Limiting the brutosaur to a single character that buys it, per account, would have been a way more effective gold sink. If they want it on multiple toons... they'd have to drop five million gold repeatedly.

As far as preventing the multiboxers/botters, removing things like the stirrups that allow accessing nodes while mounted (as it stands now, they never have to contest with mobs on the ground that would slow them/make multiboxing and botting difficult) and blizzard keeping a tighter watch on endlessly spawning NPCs so that avenue of gold dries up would probably be in order.

That's how you address the economy problem.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-07 at 06:46 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I feel the propblem you are outlining is more a Mentallity Problem.

If you constantly think about how much USD each Gold is worth, the ability to interchange USD to Gold is not to blame but you.
    The USD Value of the Gold comes from the Players.

Due to GoldSellers Gold always had a real money worth. You could always just buy the Gold, and thus everything you you want with it. The only thing the Token changed, was to increase the Price/Value of Gold.

If you stop to think about the Token, it doesnt impact your gameplay in the Slightest.
    Inflated Prices are not due to the Token, the Token Price is calculated on Supply and Demand. Thats why the Prices in different Regions are so far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I don't actually believe WoW tokens are entirely to blame for inflated prices. WoD garrisons were able to produce so much gold by doing basically nothing that it utterly destroyed the economy.

I mean you could literally just pile alts in, spam gold/resource missions, and make hexweave bags. My friend used his wealth to buy literally every TCG mount in the game.
    Yeah WoD Garrisons are the main cause of the inflation today. I know some people who are still spending the money they made from their garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    WoW tokens only redistribute gold, they don't create it. WoD and Legion created TONS of gold through follower missions and we still suffer from that. BfA gave you very little opportunity to make gold outside of the usual ones: farming, crafting, running old raids and playing the AH. That's why the inflation has a big impact on returning players (since prices outside of the AH are not scaled dynamically).
    This. I didn't play the Garrison as a giant gold sink in WoD, and transferred servers at the beginning of Legion so I didn't have a giant army of alts for the table. I also was perpetually broke over the course of BFA. Over the course of 5 months, on one of the biggest servers on US realms, I saved, skimped, and grinded most of the way to a Longboi, only being helped over the finish line by a friend when the market suddenly crashed. No real money involved.

Gear was being offered for real money all the way back in Vanilla. The only difference is that the poor fools who handed their account information over occasionally got scammed and had to petition Blizz to restore their accounts. Bnet tokens just make it so that now legit players aren't being scammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Yeah WoD Garrisons are the main cause of the inflation today. I know some people who are still spending the money they made from their garrison.
    I always hear about WoD garrisons... but Legion mission tables made me 16-18M gold in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    WoW tokens only redistribute gold, they don't create it. WoD and Legion created TONS of gold through follower missions and we still suffer from that. BfA gave you very little opportunity to make gold outside of the usual ones: farming, crafting, running old raids and playing the AH. That's why the inflation has a big impact on returning players (since prices outside of the AH are not scaled dynamically).
    all. of. THIS. inflation started before tokens were even a thing (they weren't introduced in WoD right away. but gold making via garrisons that was entirely self supporting? THAT was there from the start. heck, I was able to make a ton of gold even while skipping half the expansion due to their original stance on flight.

removal of content? is again something they did before tokens epic cloak quest from pandaria anyone? such a good quest chain, so much lore... gone because... reasons? last but not least - some guilds being unreasonable with their gear requirements? i mean. what the heck else is new? this was a thing since end game raiding started in WoW. token didn't start that either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I always hear about WoD garrisons... but Legion mission tables made me 16-18M gold in about a year.
    WoD garrisons didn't require farming resources, they just gave them to you for free (and still do) Legion at least required you to go out and farm a little, with WoD you could and many people did have a stable of alts doing those table missions for gold... much MUCH faster then Legion. now.. I'm not saying that legion didn't contribute. it did. they did not scale gold generation back nearly enough. but this started in WoD. boy did it start in WoD...

The current developers cant make a fun game any more anyway so they might as well cash in on the people too addicted to leave. I will be surprised if WoW puts out more than one more expansion and that one will be a last desperate attempt with different leadership to get back some of the former players. Too much talent has been lost though and the exit of Mike Morhaime was the final signal that the party is over for Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    God dam there is some crazy hostility in this thread.

Thanks for the blog post. Also, none of what you said about gold inflation is true.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
    This triggered an awful memory of mine. I was in a crappy guild on Stormscale during Burning Crusade, and when I went to a raid with another guild one night, they attacked me and said I betrayed them, even going so far as to say they hope my kids are hit by a bus. Truly awful people. One of the last things they said to me when I told them to go screw themselves and left was "So long, and thanks for all the fish." You see, I was the one who liked to fish, and it was a required item for raid feasts. I spent a lot of my spare time fishing for the guild, and they threw it back in my face like it was nothing. Yeah, it's only fish, but those stacks of fish represented hours of my personal time that I could've spent doing other things, but I chose to spend that time providing something for my guild so they could succeed. Their jealousy that I got to go to a raid with the top guild on the server at the time made them turn on me. The hostility and immaturity was astounding, and I'm glad I wasn't a part of their guild after that. Less than two weeks later, they wound up having to merge with another guild because they didn't have enough people for their raid roster anymore.

Interestingly, a different guild I was in on Mannoroth during Wrath of the Lich King did something similar to me. Nobody liked to spend time farming for materials for the raid feasts except me, so I spent hours fishing and grinding mobs to make those feasts and put them in the guild bank. How did the guild repay me? By being nasty to me, shunning me, making fun of me, and eventually, ousting me from their raids altogether because they viewed me as an awful player (when in actuality the problem is that I was trying to play with a 3-inch thick bandage on my hand after I had a bad accident, and when it healed, I topped the meters every raid in my next guild). Their final words were something along the lines of, "Thanks for all the feasts." This guild didn't stay on the server long because the community hated them, and they wound up transferring to another server not long after I left the guild.

The result of this abuse? I no longer farm for any guild anymore, no matter how much I like them. Whatever I farm is sold on the AH. I'm also less social than I used to be.

Anyway, I get how you feel like this, OP, and it sucks that was your breaking point. I hope you find something else that makes you feel the same way WoW used to when it was great. Maybe you'll return one day. I hear Shadowlands is supposed to be good.
    Last edited by caninepawprints; 2020-09-07 at 07:33 AM.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I didn't even realize the irony. Holy shit thank you for pointing that out.
    They sound like one of those twitter crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I don't actually believe WoW tokens are entirely to blame for inflated prices. WoD garrisons were able to produce so much gold by doing basically nothing that it utterly destroyed the economy.

I mean you could literally just pile alts in, spam gold/resource missions, and make hexweave bags. My friend used his wealth to buy literally every TCG mount in the game.
    The economy went haywire in WoD and Legion did nothing to fix it.
    But the solution is not *Limited-Edition* Super exclusive mounts. The removal of Longboi just proves that Blizzard care more about selling tokens than anything. And people are actually buying tokens just to buy Longboi.