Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Unhappy So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!!! (WoW Tokens ruined the fun)

    Come October my subscription to WoW will end and that will be it. Not saying I will be gone forever as I hate putting down absolutes, but it feels things have come to a pass. I'm a completionist from start (January 2005) to finish, and when I say that I mean reputations, quests, pets, mounts, and toys - however WoW Tokens in BFA broke my love for WoW. I know they have been around since 2015, but gold wasn't lifted up like it has in BFA where a freakin variant for a frog mount is $50 (credit, but same thing). When so many things now can be purchased with a credit card, or at least you feel that to access everything in a game you are paying for a sub and expansions is frustrating. I could tolerate this if WoW was free to play, but when I see one of the most desired mounts in the game costing $760....

    Yes - the Dino is an extreme example, but everything now has obscene gold prices compared to past expansions, and that is including the many BoE items now dependent on harsh RNG so they also demand high gold prices on the AH, which can all be translated to real money - why am I playing when things that use to be a feat of strength can be copied with a credit card? Raid gear use to be a sign of personal accomplishment now its a credit card away, want that pet/mount/toy that is a credit card away, if the top guild requires borrowing $40,000 US worth of in-game currency to win then what is the point of playing a rigged game? No one tolerated Battlefield 2 when it was pay to win, why should WoW get a pass?

    The Real Money Auction House ruined Diablo 3, and with the BFA the WoW Token has ruined WoW.

    It took the entire expansion, but Blizzard you did something I never thought possible you've become the WoW-Killer.

    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (I mean it, those fishing related content resulted in a lot of fish)

  2. #2
    I don't actually believe WoW tokens are entirely to blame for inflated prices. WoD garrisons were able to produce so much gold by doing basically nothing that it utterly destroyed the economy.

    I mean you could literally just pile alts in, spam gold/resource missions, and make hexweave bags. My friend used his wealth to buy literally every TCG mount in the game.

  3. #3
    I'm sure a 7 year member should know by now that "I quit" threads aren't allowed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I don't actually believe WoW tokens are entirely to blame for inflated prices. WoD garrisons were able to produce so much gold by doing basically nothing that it utterly destroyed the economy.

    I mean you could literally just pile alts in, spam gold/resource missions, and make hexweave bags. My friend used his wealth to buy literally every TCG mount in the game.
    Tokens were added 3 and a half years ago, not with BFA so your entire premise is flawed right from the start. If you want to beat yourself up and convert the gold value of things that anyone in the game can buy into dollar amounts so you can complain about how anyone "can just buy them with a credit card" I really don't know what to tell you. There's been powerful BoE gear for raiders to buy since the beginning, so your argument is flawed there too. Also, they're a professional guild. How much do you think the Dallas Cowboys spend to get the tiniest possible advantage, you're arguing a false dichotomy. How does them spending money somehow make it a rigged game? Were you in the running for world first but lost because they had more money to spend on corruption gear? You're also completely forgetting the purpose of the token was to try to cut down on gold farmers, many of whom commit real life crimes.

    As for longboi, I slowly saved up through WoD and Legion and was able to buy him when BFA came out. Over 2 years I've slowly built up enough gold to be able to buy him again if I had to. I don't play the AH or craft and turnover or anything. Just auction what I get from playing. Trying to play for pity points because you didn't earn something you wanted and pointing fingers at people who did get it is just petty.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm sure a 7 year member should know by now that "I quit" threads aren't allowed here.
    Fuck off - no more cares about you..
    I Actually found this post very valuable to think of

    Time is money friend ( goblins say this)

    Obviously you don’t value money nor your time.
    Vs this value post.
    Last edited by FreeHongKong; 2020-09-07 at 05:24 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You're also completely forgetting the purpose of the token was to try to cut down on gold farmers, many of whom commit real life crimes.
    RMT is not a crime but against TOS.

    As for OP. I quit threads are not premitted.
    Completionist or not.

    Tho I am against removing anything from the game. Simply because it drives away new players as they think: "Is it even worth starting so late into a game" and the answer is most likely "NO" if they care about playing whole game without cut out quest lines and tons of unavailable stuff with more incoming.

  7. #7
    WoW tokens only redistribute gold, they don't create it. WoD and Legion created TONS of gold through follower missions and we still suffer from that. BfA gave you very little opportunity to make gold outside of the usual ones: farming, crafting, running old raids and playing the AH. That's why the inflation has a big impact on returning players (since prices outside of the AH are not scaled dynamically).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Fuck off - no more cares about you..
    I Actually found this post very valuable to think of

    Time is money friend ( goblins say this)

    Obviously you don’t value money nor your time.
    Vs this value post.
    Why did you make this about me? Why do you think it's okay to break the site rules? Because you agree with him? That's not a good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    No one tolerated Battlefield 2 when it was pay to win, why should WoW get a pass?
    I'm not trying to argue against anything you are saying or derail the thread but are you talking about the EA first person shooter game Battlefield 2 which had maps such as Strike At Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula etc. ?

    That was the last battlefield game I played and I played it from around release till the player data servers went down (I know there was a workaround to continue playing after that but I didn't bother).

    If we are talking about the same Battlefield 2, what was the pay 2 win element?

  10. #10
    The people using real money to buy gear does not really affect most people. The only ones affected are people participating in the world first race and their servers. The servers only buy pumping massive amounts of gold into the economy.

    Every normal server is not affected as not many people are in a place to do this. Also gear is so easily farmed there is no real use for a normal player as you will get these pieces anyway.

    The mount one: Well yes you can buy it for a bit over half a thousand dollars... but com on who does that? 5Million gold is not that hard to earn if you give a f about it. There are a few in my mythic raiding guild who have it. By normal means. They also haven't payed a cent for wow in ages

  11. #11
    If WoW Tokens is your excuse for leaving, I'd like to know what the real reason is for leaving - because WoW Tokens has zero effect on anything if you don't use them, literally zero.

    There are ONLY three possible reasons to vote for Donald J Trump this November.
    You are ignorant, you are irrational or you are incredibly wealthy.
    Be rational, be informed.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    Come October my subscription to WoW will end and that will be it. Not saying I will be gone forever as I hate putting down absolutes, but it feels things have come to a pass. I'm a completionist from start (January 2005) to finish, and when I say that I mean reputations, quests, pets, mounts, and toys - however WoW Tokens in BFA broke my love for WoW. I know they have been around since 2015, but gold wasn't lifted up like it has in BFA where a freakin variant for a frog mount is $50 (credit, but same thing). When so many things now can be purchased with a credit card, or at least you feel that to access everything in a game you are paying for a sub and expansions is frustrating. I could tolerate this if WoW was free to play, but when I see one of the most desired mounts in the game costing $760....

    Yes - the Dino is an extreme example, but everything now has obscene gold prices compared to past expansions, and that is including the many BoE items now dependent on harsh RNG so they also demand high gold prices on the AH, which can all be translated to real money - why am I playing when things that use to be a feat of strength can be copied with a credit card? Raid gear use to be a sign of personal accomplishment now its a credit card away, want that pet/mount/toy that is a credit card away, if the top guild requires borrowing $40,000 US worth of in-game currency to win then what is the point of playing a rigged game? No one tolerated Battlefield 2 when it was pay to win, why should WoW get a pass?

    The Real Money Auction House ruined Diablo 3, and with the BFA the WoW Token has ruined WoW.

    It took the entire expansion, but Blizzard you did something I never thought possible you've become the WoW-Killer.

    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (I mean it, those fishing related content resulted in a lot of fish)
    The only reason why I buy wow tokens every couple of months for consumables is because I'm too lazy to make my own money in game. I understand your completionist problem, but that is a you problem. I have no desire for an ugly brontosaurus mount.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you make this about me? Why do you think it's okay to break the site rules? Because you agree with him? That's not a good reason.
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech,
    And I think that his opinion is worth more than your comment..

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If WoW Tokens is your excuse for leaving, I'd like to know what the real reason is for leaving - because WoW Tokens has zero effect on anything if you don't use them, literally zero.
    He feels the need to buy tokens to buy things in game because he is a "completionist" and too lazy to make his money legitimately.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    WoW tokens only redistribute gold, they don't create it. WoD and Legion created TONS of gold through follower missions and we still suffer from that. BfA gave you very little opportunity to make gold outside of the usual ones: farming, crafting, running old raids and playing the AH. That's why the inflation has a big impact on returning players (since prices outside of the AH are not scaled dynamically).
    So they say but... honestly do you belive blizz would pass up 20bucks just to preserve server gold inflation? I don't, i think they allow as many tokens to be bought as there are customers, and just arbitrarily lowers the value a little to make it look like its relfecting a madeup market.

    It wouldnt be the frist time theyve outright lied to us.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech,
    And I think that his opinion is worth more than your comment..
    People really have no idea what "freedom of speech" actually means. You break an establishment's rules, you face the consequences.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech,
    And I think that his opinion is worth more than your comment..
    Where did you get the idea this website is protected under "Freedom of Speech"? Even then there are things you can't say under that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Because we live in a place of freedom of speech
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeHongKong View Post
    Stop talking.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    He feels the need to buy tokens to buy things in game because he is a "completionist" and too lazy to make his money legitimately.
    Omg... maybe you don’t value your time.

    He would rather pay money because he values his time, unlike you.

    Paying IRL money, speeds things up, why do you not value your life?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Where did you get the idea this website is protected under "Freedom of Speech"? Even then there are things you can't say under that.
    Stop talking.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    Come October my subscription to WoW will end and that will be it. Not saying I will be gone forever as I hate putting down absolutes, but it feels things have come to a pass. I'm a completionist from start (January 2005) to finish, and when I say that I mean reputations, quests, pets, mounts, and toys - however WoW Tokens in BFA broke my love for WoW. I know they have been around since 2015, but gold wasn't lifted up like it has in BFA where a freakin variant for a frog mount is $50 (credit, but same thing). When so many things now can be purchased with a credit card, or at least you feel that to access everything in a game you are paying for a sub and expansions is frustrating. I could tolerate this if WoW was free to play, but when I see one of the most desired mounts in the game costing $760....

    Yes - the Dino is an extreme example, but everything now has obscene gold prices compared to past expansions, and that is including the many BoE items now dependent on harsh RNG so they also demand high gold prices on the AH, which can all be translated to real money - why am I playing when things that use to be a feat of strength can be copied with a credit card? Raid gear use to be a sign of personal accomplishment now its a credit card away, want that pet/mount/toy that is a credit card away, if the top guild requires borrowing $40,000 US worth of in-game currency to win then what is the point of playing a rigged game? No one tolerated Battlefield 2 when it was pay to win, why should WoW get a pass?
    Here's the thing - the tokens don't put the gold into the game. All the gold someone gets from selling tokens in-game that they've bought with real money is gold that other people have 'earned' in one way or another. So the gold would be in the game tokens or no (in fact they take gold out of the economy because of the action house cut on them).

  20. #20
    Dear Diary,

    today i was salty af because i can‘t afford all the cool Mounts in WoW, so i made an „I Quit“-Thread on MMOC. Ofc that was utter bullshit and everyone knew that. Nobody begged me to stay because the game wouldn‘t be the same without me. Im even more sad now.

    Yours OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •