Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is Torghast infinite?

Hi all,

I don't have Beta, so I can't test it.

I always thought people are walking Torghast lvl 150 and so on, pushing till the mobs get to hard. It's also listet as infinite dungeon in the wikis.

But recently I heard there is only two modes now. One with around 6 stages and one with 18.

Can someone enlight me please how Torghast works?

Greetings.

No. The idea of an endless mode has been ditched. It is as you heard. The standard mode has extremely easy 6 floors. The long version has 18, but this one is also not very difficult, but only serves for cosmetic rewards. The short version is required to farm ash which is used in legendary creation, but is capped per week. Every 2 weeks should yield you enough for a legendary.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

That's disappointing tbh.

Was it because blizz can't balance an increasingly difficult endless roguelike dungeon and give out proper items, or why did they ditch it?

Can you "reset" Torghast after you finish these 18 levels and run it again the same day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmind View Post
    Can you "reset" Torghast after you finish these 18 levels and run it again the same day?
    I think you can, but you can only get rewards once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmind View Post
    Yes, you can do it as many times as you wish for fun

Meh, that's sad. I had so much hope in Torghast to be the one thing I wanna do when playing wow.

But making it again a a timesink where the only reason to run it, is it's low drop chance on cosmetics is sad. Thought it would be some kind of Magetower where you are rewarded for skill and not again for massive amounts of time like on island transmog farms.

Thanks for the information, though!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post

Was it because blizz can't balance an increasingly difficult endless roguelike dungeon and give out proper items, or why did they ditch it?
    Probably the usual reasons. Massive amounts of whiners crying about how they'd have to spend all their time in Torghast to progress their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Hi all,

I don't have Beta, so I can't test it.

I always thought people are walking Torghast lvl 150 and so on, pushing till the mobs get to hard. It's also listet as infinite dungeon in the wikis.

But recently I heard there is only two modes now. One with around 6 stages and one with 18.

Can someone enlight me please how Torghast works?

Greetings.
    The mobs never get too hard unelss youve been REALLY unlucky with powerups.
    The hardest floor will always be the first floor, and after that it gets easier and easier until you become an unstoppable avalanche.
    Once you reach the final boss of your 6 or 18 floors (2 diffrent modes currently, either 6 or 18 floors) you will annihilate that fucker like nothing.

The higher youve climbed the higher the floor you can start at (so starting at floor 1 leads you to a final boss on floor 18, and if you start on floor 37 it leads you to a final boss on floor 54 etc), it goes in increments of 6.

So basicly the first floor is what determines if your gonna make it. The elites have non kite and non tank mechanics ramping up their dmg, attackspeed and movespeed aswell as making them cc immune after a set time so it comes down to a dps race of wether you can get them down be4 they become godlike and rape you.
    On my arcane mage i pretty much used time warp and all cds on every single elite on the first floor (started at 37). It took me 45min to do the first floor but after that it went faster and faster and after the vendor on 4th floor it was a breeze. total runtime 3hours 15min for floor 37-54. This was be4 the char wipe so no enchants or consumables used, just the useless premade lvl60 gearkit.

I suspect on live wer gonna be able to climb considerably higher.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-09-07 at 09:51 AM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post

Probably because there are people that you have to care like you have to care for a child. They don't know when to stop and would run it like multiple days in a row, without stoping once, waiting out cds to kill groups that are otherwise not killable.
    In another thread I already said that there would be people that would not even care if there relationship is going to break, or they are kicked out of their work.
    We already had this: honor grinding in Vanilla/Classic.

5+ Year Old Account
    So we get only 8 dungeons instead of 10 because of this half-scrapped trash?

DOA. BFA 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Probably the usual reasons. Massive amounts of whiners crying about how they'd have to spend all their time in Torghast to progress their characters.
    Which makes no sense whatsoever.

The infinite corridor does not progress your character, it's for cosmetics.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Probably because there are people that you have to care like you have to care for a child. They don't know when to stop and would run it like multiple days in a row, without stoping once, waiting out cds to kill groups that are otherwise not killable.
    In another thread I already said that there would be people that would not even care if there relationship is going to break, or they are kicked out of their work.
    We already had this: honor grinding in Vanilla/Classic.
    This, it is the addicts that Blizzard has to keep in check. If anything remotely rewards gear or can be done a decent amount of time they will complain they feel forced and will run it till their eyes bleed and only blame Blizzard for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    This, it is the addicts that Blizzard has to keep in check. If anything remotely rewards gear or can be done a decent amount of time they will complain they feel forced and will run it till their eyes bleed and only blame Blizzard for it.
    And the special part about this is: the infinite mode was just cosmetic. There would STILL be people that would not know when to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The mobs never get too hard unelss youve been REALLY unlucky with powerups.
    The hardest floor will always be the first floor, and after that it gets easier and easier until you become an unstoppable avalanche.
    Once you reach the final boss of your 6 or 18 floors (2 diffrent modes currently, either 6 or 18 floors) you will annihilate that fucker like nothing.

The higher youve climbed the higher the floor you can start at (so starting at floor 1 leads you to a final boss on floor 18, and if you start on floor 37 it leads you to a final boss on floor 54 etc), it goes in increments of 6.

So basicly the first floor is what determines if your gonna make it. The elites have non kite and non tank mechanics ramping up their dmg, attackspeed and movespeed aswell as making them cc immune after a set time so it comes down to a dps race of wether you can get them down be4 they become godlike and rape you.
    On my arcane mage i pretty much used time warp and all cds on every single elite on the first floor (started at 37). It took me 45min to do the first floor but after that it went faster and faster and after the vendor on 4th floor it was a breeze. total runtime 3hours 15min for floor 37-54. This was be4 the char wipe so no enchants or consumables used, just the useless premade lvl60 gearkit.

I suspect on live we're gonna be able to climb considerably higher.
    I like this iteration a bit better as it was explained here, since there still is some actual challenge in it. And there is currently 8 layers per wing you can do. The idea of spending an entire evening in Torghast seems pretty ehhhhh to me. This isn't something you're going to want to spend your whole week doing as the rewards currently don't help you progress your char outside of getting your soul ash.

I don't know if you all watched some of the old videos, but when there was 72 floors or whatever, it was usually 10-15 floors of challenge, then 60 floors of being busted and wiping the rest of it without thinking twice about it because of your 18 million damage abilities. Which is fun like once or twice or maybe even 10 times sure. Now there are some scenarios where i have "annihilated that fucker like nothing" but that wasn't the general experience on the melee classes i took through, hunter it was but it was over-tuned.

Its all just my opinion though but the amount of negative feedback in this thread seems to be from people who haven't even tested it. Its still a ton of fun and something you can definitely chunk a TON of time into if you want. For this being a brand new feature(but outside of the normal character progression) its a step in the right direction. I couldn't imagine the amount of time it would take to create a balanced infinite experience for every class. We're getting very close to release now and there are still a TON of bugs in the game that need fixed. And it will be very easy for them to tick an "infinite" box later.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    They were drowned in positive feedback during alpha and then one day in beta they just decided to change everything about it and haven't touched it since then.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

They have not confirmed that infinite mode would be cancelled. It does however look like they have opted into infinitely scaling 18 floors, so when you complete your first 18 floor run you unlock "difficulty 2" for another set of 18. Wouldn't be surprised if that's how it goes live.

They opted to give powers at such high rate inside torghast that it feels like an impossibility to keep scaling stuff past 20 levels and keep it in any kind of a balance. Personally i would have liked every now and then doing so well that you end up with a 4 hour run, but most people prolly would not so they keep them in 18 level chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    I like this iteration a bit better as it was explained here, since there still is some actual challenge in it. And there is currently 8 layers per wing you can do. The idea of spending an entire evening in Torghast seems pretty ehhhhh to me. This isn't something you're going to want to spend your whole week doing as the rewards currently don't help you progress your char outside of getting your soul ash.

I don't know if you all watched some of the old videos, but when there was 72 floors or whatever, it was usually 10-15 floors of challenge, then 60 floors of being busted and wiping the rest of it without thinking twice about it because of your 18 million damage abilities. Which is fun like once or twice or maybe even 10 times sure. Now there are some scenarios where i have "annihilated that fucker like nothing" but that wasn't the general experience on the melee classes i took through, hunter it was but it was over-tuned.

Its all just my opinion though but the amount of negative feedback in this thread seems to be from people who haven't even tested it. Its still a ton of fun and something you can definitely chunk a TON of time into if you want. For this being a brand new feature(but outside of the normal character progression) its a step in the right direction. I couldn't imagine the amount of time it would take to create a balanced infinite experience for every class. We're getting very close to release now and there are still a TON of bugs in the game that need fixed. And it will be very easy for them to tick an "infinite" box later.
    What do you mean theres currently 8 layers per wing? Have they changed the format since the character wipe on beta?

Im not a fan of first floor being the gate keeper. It means that once ive done the first and mby second floor, its often a guaranteed win from there and it feels like just a time sink to complete it. There should still be a danger imo.

I think the bosses should be redesigned from the dps checks they are now to a more mechanicly driven fight like the ones we see in brawlers fights etc. because as you said, sometimes bosses can be brutal if one has had a bad streak of powerups.. and its really disheartening to see the boss regen shields faster than you can dps him (or the adds hes draining the shiled from) down nomatter what you do :<
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    What do you mean theres currently 8 layers per wing? Have they changed the format since the character wipe on beta?

Im not a fan of first floor being the gate keeper. It means that once ive done the first and mby second floor, its often a guaranteed win from there and it feels like just a time sink to complete it. There should still be a danger imo.

I think the bosses should be redesigned from the dps checks they are now to a more mechanicly driven fight like the ones we see in brawlers fights etc. because as you said, sometimes bosses can be brutal if one has had a bad streak of powerups.. and its really disheartening to see the boss regen shields faster than you can dps him (or the adds hes draining the shiled from) down nomatter what you do :<
    It doesn't really work like this currently or at least not since last week I admit I have been on beta less and less recently as I am rerolling on another server for SL.

Right now you do eight wings during the story and none of them are hard (I am a long time world 50-200 mythic raider but I feel like if you got through a heroic scenario in mop you will get through these), What talents you pick don't really matter unless you start chain pulling since disruption mobs start becoming an issue. Once you are done those eight you unlock the weekly to go into one of those eight and it remains trivial. You also unlock a infinite mode...but you have to restart it after X amounts of floors.

The issue with infinite mode is that rarely are mobs all that skipable in the tower and eventually it becomes a gear check to see if you can get survive long enough to get the anima power to kill mobs. Luck plays a part in it but really when it comes to the cosmetic gear I expect it to be more of a gear check then a skill check and given its time consuming nature I expect it to become another carry service option rather then some game mode players throw themselves again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    It's the same people bitching ad nauseam about the covenants. Even though Blizzard is not optimizing any difficulty level around covenants these addicts insisting they must have the ability to switch their cov between every trash pull to get that extra 3% on the meters.

Switching between raid teirs, sure, switching several times a day for everything else? Stop it. You don't need to do that.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2020-09-07 at 02:30 PM.