Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No. The idea of an endless mode has been ditched. It is as you heard. The standard mode has extremely easy 6 floors. The long version has 18, but this one is also not very difficult, but only serves for cosmetic rewards. The short version is required to farm ash which is used in legendary creation, but is capped per week. Every 2 weeks should yield you enough for a legendary.
    2 wings a week for 50 ash each, lego cost 100 your math is not quite working big boy
    I.O BFA Season 3


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    2 wings a week for 50 ash each, lego cost 100 your math is not quite working big boy
    Afaik the goal was 2 weeks per lego, maybe they changed it/never realized that. No idea, little boy.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    You’re missing the point. Everyone can enjoy a good roguelike game. The “plebs” just don’t get super far with the super crazy affixes that empower you but also enemies. Play Risk of Rain 2 and you might not get far in it and always die in the first or second world because you suck. But then there is this one run where you get a good early upgrade and you snowball to the fourth world and you are hooked.
    And then on the next run, you get complete junk, can't make it past the first part, and never touch it again.

    You're applying your own PoV to others there. That might work for you, but some people will never get into Roguelikes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Afaik the goal was 2 weeks per lego, maybe they changed it/never realized that. No idea, little boy.
    That's more of the average case, not those people that can do full clears week 1.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I mean... even if they did make it infinite you would just get to the point of being unstoppable after the 4th floor. This was never going to be a replacement for dungeons or raids. They are better then isles so far but its the mindless grind content it isn't meant for anyone to seriously invest time into.
    Yeah but they could have tuned mobs up or powers down , having some goal to push you further and further wouldn't have been so bad. Now you are still unstoppable but you reach level 18 and then you can only start again from 0, that's not remotely fun and if the cosmetics aren't even that good I'd probably stick to the 6 floors ones as a weekly thing to do . Looking at the SL feature trailer Torghast was the only new thing and it's gonna be trash. So we only get the same old soup , 3-4 raids and the same dungeons to grind in M+ from season 1 to last season. Netting a literal 0 in new content additions

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And then on the next run, you get complete junk, can't make it past the first part, and never touch it again.

    You're applying your own PoV to others there. That might work for you, but some people will never get into Roguelikes.
    I've never heard of someone not liking roguelikes because of a bad run.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    I've never heard of someone not liking roguelikes because of a bad run.
    Of course you haven't. They aren't playing the games and aren't talking about them.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Of course you haven't. They aren't playing the games and aren't talking about them.
    Or maybe you’re just making shit up

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

    That's more of the average case, not those people that can do full clears week 1.
    and my whole guild could clear all 8 flors on fresh lvl 60 premades without problems 2 weeks ago and with no problems i mean aoe cleave true it

    so those hc/normal raider will have to cc abit and play slow and they should compleate it too you have unlimited attempts and no time limit

    and pss: The Devs told us on Beta Dsicod that there is no thorgast on the first reset or atleast no ash for legos
    cuz eu has 31 hrs and na only 18 or so to hit cap.
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-09-08 at 06:43 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3


  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    So we get only 8 dungeons instead of 10 because of this half-scrapped trash?

    DOA. BFA 2.
    God, people like you are cancer to the community.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Or maybe you’re just making shit up
    I could say the same to you. That's not a valid argument either way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    and my whole guild could clear all 8 flors on fresh lvl 60 premades without problems 2 weeks ago and with no problems i mean aoe cleave true it

    so those hc/normal raider will have to cc abit and play slow and they should compleate it too you have unlimited attempts and no time limit

    and pss: The Devs told us on Beta Dsicod that there is no thorgast on the first reset or atleast no ash for legos
    cuz eu has 31 hrs and na only 18 or so to hit cap.
    That's still above average. Remember that the average player doesn't raid above LFR, if at all.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I could say the same to you. That's not a valid argument either way.
    Dude, I explained why a lot of people love the roguelike genre and how it could be used in a good way to make bad players improve at the game, or at least at that game mode, without it being designed in a gatekeeping way.

    And you came around with some stupid argument about how people stop playing because they had one bad run. Because apparently that happens in your fantasy world.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Dude, I explained why a lot of people love the roguelike genre
    No, you explained why you love the roguelike genre and then assumed that can be applied to others as well. Then extrapolated stuff from there without a proper factual basis.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The long version has 18, but this one is also not very difficult, but only serves for cosmetic rewards.

    What cosmetic rewards are those? Maw sets?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you explained why you love the roguelike genre and then assumed that can be applied to others as well. Then extrapolated stuff from there without a proper factual basis.
    So why do you think others like roguelikes, smartass?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the wod silver requirement recieved negative feedback because it was a stupid waste of time.

    If they want a gatekeeping system they better pick something that players normally do so it only catches the newbies and not force the entire player population to do it.
    It wasn't I ran a few normals late wod it wasn't a waste of time... I saw what it held back...

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    What cosmetic rewards are those? Maw sets?
    The maw set (as it was datamined) is afaik used for the legendary items, at least the black one. I'm not sure if the cosmetic rewards are implemented. As far as I know this was just stated as their intend, but I haven't seen any updates on what you actually get there yet, just that you do not get currency (soul ash). That is a rather common theme tbh, alot of the rewards seem to be missing. Maybe the maw set recolors?
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    It wasn't I ran a few normals late wod it wasn't a waste of time... I saw what it held back...
    like i said, it should catch the newbies, for everyone else it was a waste of time.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    like i said, it should catch the newbies, for everyone else it was a waste of time.
    Newbies.... newbies! With hundreds of days logged!?!

    I watched as a cloth wearing tank was demolished by a mob that posed no threat to my mage. I watched a healer paradoxically do not healing while doing no damage while casting enough spells to go oom.

    In the end I fled from that nightmare ranting and wailing warning all of the terrors contained within... Now I rest within the crumbling walls of the mythic community knowing in time those monsters will breach the walls.

  19. #59
    For people in the beta, is Torghast any fun as a solo player? Is it better than mage tower in Legion?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Probably the usual reasons. Massive amounts of whiners crying about how they'd have to spend all their time in Torghast to progress their characters.
    Eh, i think the case would be more "my class is only able to do level 38 while X class is OP and can do level 56". The amount of time needed for progression would be the same since it's a separate mode.

    Basically, Blizz cannot balance stuff so they put an hardcap that everyone sooner or later will be able to do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    It's the same people bitching ad nauseam about the covenants. Even though Blizzard is not optimizing any difficulty level around covenants these addicts insisting they must have the ability to switch their cov between every trash pull to get that extra 3% on the meters.

    Switching between raid teirs, sure, switching several times a day for everything else? Stop it. You don't need to do that.
    Eh, the main issue right now is that for most specs you have one clear winner by like 10x and the rest is trash or mediocre at best. Some specs have all mediocre or less ones. It's not much about the dps meter (at least for me) but because if i want to change spec to be either more effective (for pure dps) aìor need to cover a different role (for hybrids) i'll end with a very sub optimal setup. Not counting i may have build my soulbind for dps and since you can respec only weekly you will be a less effective healer for example.

    If it was only about that 3%, it wouldn't really be a problem. It's literally easier to make an alt than to change spec in SL if it stays like this.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •