1. #1

    Shadowpriest PVP Strengths and Weaknesses

    I am curious to know how is the new Shadowpriest fare against other classes in terms of PVP and if we can provide feedback to fix potential weaknesses the class has. Tell me your opinion.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I am curious to know how is the new Shadowpriest fare against other classes in terms of PVP and if we can provide feedback to fix potential weaknesses the class has. Tell me your opinion.
    What weaknesses?

  3. #3
    I haven't tested the new Shadowpriest in PVP that is why I would like to know. Are there any weaknesses the Class has in PVP right now? What are our strengths and weaknesses?

  4. #4
    Well, the main weakness is the same as it's always been, it's a caster. A caster with no baseline mobility. So any melee can and will stay on top of you, interrupting and stunning on cooldown.

    But on the plus side, shadow has a lot of burst with DP now. It hits hard, and cannot really be stopped, being an instant cast. Also forces healers to make a decision when to dispel, as opposed to on cooldown, as it is now. Although AMS still craps all over us, as dots will not be applied to the DK with it.

    Talents also have some good PvP options, although nerf to UD crushed the dreams of near 100% uptime of dots against melee. Still, damnation is a strong talent, both as an opener, allowing you to pressure right away, and as an instant switch tool.

    But the biggest strength is how much DP heals you. It got nerfed, yes, but that's because you were near invincible before. Now it's just makes you really tanky.

  5. #5
    The weakness will be the nerf they get because they feel too strong right now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    The weakness will be the nerf they get because they feel too strong right now.
    Strong, my ass.

    Take a look at this.




    Anboni is a shadow god. He's to shadow what Savix is to ret, and he's barely winning these duels. If he's struggling to win duels, imagine an average player.

    Shadow is definitely better than it is on live right now, but it's not OP. Certainly not more OP than locks and mages and elemental shamans.
    Last edited by The Butt Witch; 2020-09-14 at 07:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Strong, my ass.

    Take a look at this.




    Anboni is a shadow god. He's to shadow what Savix is to ret, and he's barely winning these duels. If he's struggling to win duels, imagine an average player.

    Shadow is definitely better than it is on live right now, but it's not OP. Certainly not more OP than locks and mages and elemental shamans.
    The title is "Shadow is top tier", 0:26 he says "it is very strong, it is very tanky", but still the first thing you say is: "Strong, my ass."

    OK BYE

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    The weakness will be the nerf they get because they feel too strong right now.
    Shadow is popping right now imo. Solid in duels, 3s and bgs for SL. Might be a little rough in 2s but will probably depend on the melee meta. Probably strongest caster right now tbh.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Monroe, OREGON
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Strong, my ass.

    Take a look at this.




    Anboni is a shadow god. He's to shadow what Savix is to ret, and he's barely winning these duels. If he's struggling to win duels, imagine an average player.

    Shadow is definitely better than it is on live right now, but it's not OP. Certainly not more OP than locks and mages and elemental shamans.

    Playing the SL classes is like driving a new model car even the you own the last model. Sure it's got the same name and very similar performance, but you're not going to maximize the potential of THAT model with a better powertrain until you race it a few dozen times.

    No disrespect at all to masters of the class but the classes have changed and a few duels wont maximize the potential until fully geared and a few dozen battles under your belt.

  10. #10
    Pandaren Monk Lulbalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Barely Duelist
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning- View Post
    The title is "Shadow is top tier", 0:26 he says "it is very strong, it is very tanky", but still the first thing you say is: "Strong, my ass."

    OK BYE
    to be fair.. legendary bailed him out a lot. still seems ok though imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •