Poll: What expansion will you prefer for leveling in Chromie time?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question What expansion will be your default/preferred leveling path in Chromie time?

I'm sure a lot of people are going to lean toward a favorite or specifically preferred "timeline" for alts utilizing Chromie time. For me it's Legion. Legion was when I truly became a capital-A Altoholic and the idea of those familiar, well flowing zones being a singular path from 10-50 means that will be where I level any future alts unless I feel a specific conceptual calling for somewhere else.

I also can't escape the feeling that, BFA and its themes not being something I generally enjoy, Legion is the most advanced and developed leveling game we have access to. Whenever I find myself doing current leveling (pre 9.0) I always dread the leap from "cataclysm" time in the base continents to the BC/WOTLK bracket... which really is the WOTLK bracket to me. BC exists only for dungeon queues once Oculus, Halls of Reflection and Trial of the champion appear in the dungeon queues. Basically I "feel the age" of the older content a lot, and so yeah, I'm always going to lean towards fresher expansions in chromie time because I find that WoW's leveling has gotten better at recognizing an appreciation for time efficiency as it gets older.

What about you? Do you like the newer stuff? The nostalgia of the older stuff? A specific favorite expansion?

And yeah I just noticed the typo in eastern kingdoms. Oops.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-09-07 at 11:02 PM.

Depends on the character concept. On the PTR, I decided my Panda DK would only level in snowy places if possible (Winterspring, Kun-Lai, Icecrown).

That being said, I love finally being able to revisit old new Azeroth again the most, I think! Can't wait to level a bunch of alts with levelling paths designed just for them <3

I really loved levelling through Legion and even BFA to an extent, though seeing how I jumped from one main and one toon to the full cast of classes plus an alliance priest from the beginning of Legion until the end of BFA, I think I have had enough from the newer content for now.

Also I voted wrongly. I meant EK/ Kalimdor, not really Cataclysm...
    Last edited by Nicki Minaj Roomboter; 2020-09-07 at 11:10 PM.

I really love BFA's questing but it's now something I've done like 10 times across my alts. I'd probably pick 1-60 vanilla, wotlk, or Cataclysm, because those all have a lot of amazing zones that I would only ever get to see one or two even with the level scaling. Cata for example you could level that entire bracket in nothing but Vash'jir.

Seriously considering leveling at least one "replacement" alt, with an actually clever name and more aesthetic race choice. I literally wound up leveling my vulpera shaman easily over my abandoned mag'har shaman purely because they were cute so I felt happier playing one. That was the reason. My alts-for-alt-sake I made before I cared about looks or decent names might just get canned, particularly the hunter and druid.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-07 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It will be one of the original three (Vanilla, BC, Wrath) just because of the massive amount of content.

I expect some will favor the newer content, but when they figure out how little actual content is in the more recent expansions, many will end up in the earlier expansions. I also expect many people will favor those because they never really played them before.

Unless they fixed the exp gains from treasure items, WoD.

If so, Legion>MoP and whatever else it takes there after
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post

I'm actually very interested to see what they do here! There hasn't been a non-story-motivated reason to do WoD's actual leveling game in a long, long time, and that alone might make me take an alt through it, just to do it again for the first time in years!

I have failed every time to resist "just do treasures and world objectives" for all 20+ of the alts I've leveled in the last 4 years or so, to do the WoD story again would be a true novelty!

LFD-story. Best story for me <3

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part it'll be Mists for me with a bit of WoD (leveling is one of the few things I genuinely enjoyed about it) and Legion on the side.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post

If so, Legion>MoP and whatever else it takes there after
    WoD has great treasure xp if you have flying, awesome xp in Gorgrond (name might be wrong) and great xp for the bonus areas. You might be able to level the fastest here.

I am not that interested in the story but if I had to do questing\dungeons I would prob do BC till 30 because Hellfire has a lot of quests bunched together and also has dungeon quests. Zangamarsh isn't too bad for this as well.

Then with the flying mount I would do WoD, skip the first part of the questing if I could and just fly around doing the bonuses and treasures. If I'm still not 50 then I would finish it up in WotLK.

Doing this on Beta atm. I'm 39 and I've done 2 zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

if blizz ever bring back the siege of undercity quest in dragonblight, then wrath will be my go to. i freaking love that quest and was so sad it was removed. cataclysm was a wonderful expac to level in. other than vashir because of the trouble i had judging distance, i loved the stories and quests. i'll probably avoid bfa and legion. i can't tell why but even though the the zones are well made, i can't stand leveling in them again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything except tbc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

15+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be an option for all of them. I'll probably just pick whichever one I feel like at the time.
    Here is something to believe in!

WoD. Partly because it's fast, but partly because I actually really like WoD leveling.

I'll be polishing off Pandaria loremaster first I think, then hopefully Cata.

Has to be legion, quest density is really good and the zones are far more enjoyable than BfA

Probably Cata, just because you have so many zones to choose from.

Also, from my understanding, picking Cata means you have all of Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms plus the Cata specific zones.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-09-07 at 11:59 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Wrath, every time, its always my favorite place to lvl and im sad everytime i have to move on, i always love hearing the music in howling fjord and grizzly hills.

Legion, purely to level and get Artifact appearances for other classes at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'll be wotlk, icecrown citadel with the beautiful blue sky is probably my favorite

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP>Wrath That's it for me. Everything else is trash.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!