Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The melee games in WC3 are anything but canon. You may aswell ask why an undead player would team up with a night elf. You also have naga sea witches in the tavern while in-game we have seen them as part of the Azshara encounter.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-09-08 at 02:00 PM.

  2. #22
    Custom games aren't canon at all. Only campaign is, with few minor retcons.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Custom games aren't canon at all. Only campaign is, with few minor retcons.
    I'd say Arthas buying Goblin Zeppelins in Quel'thalas is purely gameplay purposes
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves

    My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  4. #24
    during WC3 era, only Illidan was a Demon Hunter.

    heroes you get from custom games are just for gameplay purpose.

    however, WoW changed the lore about them so there was another demon hunter who followed his footsteps during War of the Ancients and that was Illysanna Ravencrest.

    after that, some Night Elves tried to become ones as well.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-09 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    during WC3 era, only Illidan was a Demon Hunter.

    heroes you get from custom games are just for gameplay purpose.

    however, WoW changed the lore about them so there was another demon hunter who followed his footsteps during War of the Ancients and that was Illysanna Ravencrest.

    after that, some Night Elves tried to become ones as well.
    Wrong, see Feronas Sindweller. His name is one of the wc3 DH heroes and he's in vanilla.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Wrong, see Feronas Sindweller. His name is one of the wc3 DH heroes and he's in vanilla.
    yes, they took a name from there and put it in WoW.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A few "newer" Demon Hunters also fall into the timeline at or around the War of the Ancients, such as Kor'vas Bloodthorn and Altruis the Sufferer.
    were those two even from War of the Ancients???

    I think they are more likely from the Third War.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  7. #27
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    32,000
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    were those two even from War of the Ancients???

    I think they are more likely from the Third War.
    Altruis definitely is, as he makes references to battles he fought against demons like Xeleth "long, long ago," which the Third War certainly wouldn't qualify for. Kor'vas is a bit harder to pin down in the timeline - but like most of the Night Elven Demon Hunters it is more likely she comes from the War of the Ancients as opposed to the Third War, as Illidan had very little time to recruit in the Third War (which was a driving factor behind his awakening of the Naga to bolster him as an army).
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Altruis definitely is, as he makes references to battles he fought against demons like Xeleth "long, long ago," which the Third War certainly wouldn't qualify for. Kor'vas is a bit harder to pin down in the timeline - but like most of the Night Elven Demon Hunters it is more likely she comes from the War of the Ancients as opposed to the Third War, as Illidan had very little time to recruit in the Third War (which was a driving factor behind his awakening of the Naga to bolster him as an army).
    no, I mean them becoming Demon Hunters.

    Illidan never trained anyone during WotA and Kor'vas was made a Demon Hunter during TBC (Altruis most likely as well since he said that Illidan showed him his true path so he fought Xeleth without being a fully fledged Demon Hunter).

    the only one who came shortly after WotA was Illysanna and was following his footsteps during WotA.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-09 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yes, they took a name from there and put it in WoW.
    He was in vanilla as well. There's nothing which contradicts that he couldn't have been a demon hunter during the wota.

  10. #30
    My question is, why did Blizz ruin lore just for balance? Horde didn't deserve demonhunters.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

  11. #31
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    32,000
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    no, I mean them becoming Demon Hunters.

    Illidan never trained anyone during WotA and Kor'vas was made a Demon Hunter during TBC (Altruis most likely as well since he said that Illidan showed him his true path so he fought Xeleth without being a fully fledged Demon Hunter).

    the only one who came shortly after WotA was Illysanna and was following his footsteps during WotA.
    Illidan doesn't really need to personally train anyone to become a Demon Hunter, though. The first Demon Hunters like Illysanna Ravencrest, Loramus Thalipedes, Feronas Sindweller, and Altruis the Sufferer simply emulated Illidan - and that emulation is what led to their exile from Night Elven society, and their desire for vengeance against the demons is what led to them being called Demon Hunters. You got called a Demon Hunter if you emulated Illidan's fate (removing one's eyes, tattooing oneself like Illidan's Fel Tattoos, and generally taking up arms against all demons). It was only later, during TBC, that Illidan actually started training Demon Hunters in earnest at the Black Temple, as means to finally take the fight to the Legion properly. The first Demon Hunters he called to his service were those who had long walked in his footsteps (Altruis, Alandien, Theras, and Netharel), and he empowered them to train the next generation of Demon Hunters from both Blood and Night Elven aspirants like Vandel, Leotheras, and Varedis.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    He was in vanilla as well. There's nothing which contradicts that he couldn't have been a demon hunter during the wota.
    There was only one Demon Hunter during WotA and that was Illidan.

    There is no source out there that there was any during WotA, even the most detailed WotA trilogy.

    Only Illysanna followed him during WotA and became one shortly after.

    Feronas most likely did the same thing as Illysanna.

    Hell, Illidan himself didn't make himself a Demon Hunter.

    Sargeras did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Illidan doesn't really need to personally train anyone to become a Demon Hunter, though. The first Demon Hunters like Illysanna Ravencrest, Loramus Thalipedes, Feronas Sindweller, and Altruis the Sufferer simply emulated Illidan - and that emulation is what led to their exile from Night Elven society, and their desire for vengeance against the demons is what led to them being called Demon Hunters. You got called a Demon Hunter if you emulated Illidan's fate (removing one's eyes, tattooing oneself like Illidan's Fel Tattoos, and generally taking up arms against all demons). It was only later, during TBC, that Illidan actually started training Demon Hunters in earnest at the Black Temple, as means to finally take the fight to the Legion properly. The first Demon Hunters he called to his service were those who had long walked in his footsteps (Altruis, Alandien, Theras, and Netharel), and he empowered them to train the next generation of Demon Hunters from both Blood and Night Elven aspirants like Vandel, Leotheras, and Varedis.
    Guys, I'm not saying they didn't became Demon Hunters on their own per say.

    I'm saying Illidan was the only one during WotA.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-09 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  13. #33
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    32,000
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Guys, I'm not saying they didn't became Demon Hunters on their own per saying.

    I'm saying Illidan was the only one during WotA.
    During the events of WotA itself, sure. Though I don't even know if I'd call Illidan a Demon Hunter then, either; he was a Mage in WotA (as shown in the flashback to Black Rook Hold in Legion). He codified what a Demon Hunter would come to be - but I wouldn't say he was a true Demon Hunter as we recognize it today until WC3.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    There was only one Demon Hunter during WotA and that was Illidan.
    Then when did Feronas become a Demon Hunter? Illidan was immedialty imprisoned at the end of the Wota.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    During the events of WotA itself, sure. Though I don't even know if I'd call Illidan a Demon Hunter then, either; he was a Mage in WotA (as shown in the flashback to Black Rook Hold in Legion). He codified what a Demon Hunter would come to be - but I wouldn't say he was a true Demon Hunter as we recognize it today until WC3.
    The Black Rock Hold event is happening before he went to Sargeras.

    He was always primary a mage until he got those eyes, tattoos and warglaives which made him a Demon Hunter.

    In Well of Eternity dungeon, he was a Demon Hunter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Then when did Feronas become a Demon Hunter? Illidan was immedialty imprisoned at the end of the Wota.
    After WotA.

    Illysanna became one by herself.

    Feloran probably did it as well.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-10 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    The Black Rock Hold event is happening before he went to Sargeras.

    He was always primary a mage until he got those eyes, tattoos and warglaives which are never mentioned in any WotA source.

    In Well of Eternity dungeon, he was a Demon Hunter.

    - - - Updated - - -


    After WotA.

    Illysanna became one by herself.

    Feloran probably did it as well.
    okay, so you confirmed what i said and contradicted yourself : Illidan wasn't the only DH during the wc3 era.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    okay, so you confirmed what i said and contradicted yourself : Illidan wasn't the only DH during the wc3 era.
    I didn't because when you played WC3, all those names were just for custom games.

    They incorporated those names into WoW later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

  18. #38
    I don't think they existed as a formal organization, but the lore does make reference to several individuals that either tried to emulate Illidan or where helped by Illidan himself to follow his path, but it was only during his time in Outland he started to make a DH army.

    He created the idea of a Demon Hunter, and others followed, whether how tenuous their connection illidan was depends of the individual DH.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I didn't because when you played WC3, all those names were just for custom games.

    They incorporated those names into WoW later on.
    How does it prove that Illidan was the only DH around? The DHs and their story were mentioned in the manual as well. Furthermore we find some DH while playing Vanilla. If you have any evidence to contradict this, feel free to share them.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    How does it prove that Illidan was the only DH around? The DHs and their story were mentioned in the manual as well. Furthermore we find some DH while playing Vanilla. If you have any evidence to contradict this, feel free to share them.
    That's my point.

    When you played WC3 (disregard WoW in this case), Illidan was the only one during that time.

    You have a point about the manual though if people were lucky to have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except she was, she literally was experimenting on prisoners men, women, children, soldier, and civilian,
    to try and make a stronger and stronger plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Your not gonna win trying to make this one realize the truth.
    Your have better luck curing Corona with lemon and lime juice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •