Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The melee games in WC3 are anything but canon. You may aswell ask why an undead player would team up with a night elf. You also have naga sea witches in the tavern while in-game we have seen them as part of the Azshara encounter.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-09-08 at 02:00 PM.

Custom games aren't canon at all. Only campaign is, with few minor retcons.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Custom games aren't canon at all. Only campaign is, with few minor retcons.
    I'd say Arthas buying Goblin Zeppelins in Quel'thalas is purely gameplay purposes
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

during WC3 era, only Illidan was a Demon Hunter.

heroes you get from custom games are just for gameplay purpose.

however, WoW changed the lore about them so there was another demon hunter who followed his footsteps during War of the Ancients and that was Illysanna Ravencrest.

after that, some Night Elves tried to become ones as well.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-09 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    during WC3 era, only Illidan was a Demon Hunter.

heroes you get from custom games are just for gameplay purpose.

however, WoW changed the lore about them so there was another demon hunter who followed his footsteps during War of the Ancients and that was Illysanna Ravencrest.

after that, some Night Elves tried to become ones as well.
    Wrong, see Feronas Sindweller. His name is one of the wc3 DH heroes and he's in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Wrong, see Feronas Sindweller. His name is one of the wc3 DH heroes and he's in vanilla.
    yes, they took a name from there and put it in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A few "newer" Demon Hunters also fall into the timeline at or around the War of the Ancients, such as Kor'vas Bloodthorn and Altruis the Sufferer.
    were those two even from War of the Ancients???

I think they are more likely from the Third War.
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    were those two even from War of the Ancients???

I think they are more likely from the Third War.
    Altruis definitely is, as he makes references to battles he fought against demons like Xeleth "long, long ago," which the Third War certainly wouldn't qualify for. Kor'vas is a bit harder to pin down in the timeline - but like most of the Night Elven Demon Hunters it is more likely she comes from the War of the Ancients as opposed to the Third War, as Illidan had very little time to recruit in the Third War (which was a driving factor behind his awakening of the Naga to bolster him as an army).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Altruis definitely is, as he makes references to battles he fought against demons like Xeleth "long, long ago," which the Third War certainly wouldn't qualify for. Kor'vas is a bit harder to pin down in the timeline - but like most of the Night Elven Demon Hunters it is more likely she comes from the War of the Ancients as opposed to the Third War, as Illidan had very little time to recruit in the Third War (which was a driving factor behind his awakening of the Naga to bolster him as an army).
    no, I mean them becoming Demon Hunters.

Illidan never trained anyone during WotA and Kor'vas was made a Demon Hunter during TBC (Altruis most likely as well since he said that Illidan showed him his true path so he fought Xeleth without being a fully fledged Demon Hunter).

the only one who came shortly after WotA was Illysanna and was following his footsteps during WotA.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-09 at 06:41 PM.

yes, they took a name from there and put it in WoW.
    He was in vanilla as well. There's nothing which contradicts that he couldn't have been a demon hunter during the wota.

My question is, why did Blizz ruin lore just for balance? Horde didn't deserve demonhunters.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    no, I mean them becoming Demon Hunters.

Illidan never trained anyone during WotA and Kor'vas was made a Demon Hunter during TBC (Altruis most likely as well since he said that Illidan showed him his true path so he fought Xeleth without being a fully fledged Demon Hunter).

the only one who came shortly after WotA was Illysanna and was following his footsteps during WotA.
    Illidan doesn't really need to personally train anyone to become a Demon Hunter, though. The first Demon Hunters like Illysanna Ravencrest, Loramus Thalipedes, Feronas Sindweller, and Altruis the Sufferer simply emulated Illidan - and that emulation is what led to their exile from Night Elven society, and their desire for vengeance against the demons is what led to them being called Demon Hunters. You got called a Demon Hunter if you emulated Illidan's fate (removing one's eyes, tattooing oneself like Illidan's Fel Tattoos, and generally taking up arms against all demons). It was only later, during TBC, that Illidan actually started training Demon Hunters in earnest at the Black Temple, as means to finally take the fight to the Legion properly. The first Demon Hunters he called to his service were those who had long walked in his footsteps (Altruis, Alandien, Theras, and Netharel), and he empowered them to train the next generation of Demon Hunters from both Blood and Night Elven aspirants like Vandel, Leotheras, and Varedis.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He was in vanilla as well. There's nothing which contradicts that he couldn't have been a demon hunter during the wota.
    There was only one Demon Hunter during WotA and that was Illidan.

There is no source out there that there was any during WotA, even the most detailed WotA trilogy.

Only Illysanna followed him during WotA and became one shortly after.

Feronas most likely did the same thing as Illysanna.

Hell, Illidan himself didn't make himself a Demon Hunter.

Sargeras did.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan doesn't really need to personally train anyone to become a Demon Hunter, though. The first Demon Hunters like Illysanna Ravencrest, Loramus Thalipedes, Feronas Sindweller, and Altruis the Sufferer simply emulated Illidan - and that emulation is what led to their exile from Night Elven society, and their desire for vengeance against the demons is what led to them being called Demon Hunters. You got called a Demon Hunter if you emulated Illidan's fate (removing one's eyes, tattooing oneself like Illidan's Fel Tattoos, and generally taking up arms against all demons). It was only later, during TBC, that Illidan actually started training Demon Hunters in earnest at the Black Temple, as means to finally take the fight to the Legion properly. The first Demon Hunters he called to his service were those who had long walked in his footsteps (Altruis, Alandien, Theras, and Netharel), and he empowered them to train the next generation of Demon Hunters from both Blood and Night Elven aspirants like Vandel, Leotheras, and Varedis.
    Guys, I'm not saying they didn't became Demon Hunters on their own per say.

I'm saying Illidan was the only one during WotA.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-09 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Guys, I'm not saying they didn't became Demon Hunters on their own per saying.

I'm saying Illidan was the only one during WotA.
    During the events of WotA itself, sure. Though I don't even know if I'd call Illidan a Demon Hunter then, either; he was a Mage in WotA (as shown in the flashback to Black Rook Hold in Legion). He codified what a Demon Hunter would come to be - but I wouldn't say he was a true Demon Hunter as we recognize it today until WC3.

There was only one Demon Hunter during WotA and that was Illidan.
    Then when did Feronas become a Demon Hunter? Illidan was immedialty imprisoned at the end of the Wota.

During the events of WotA itself, sure. Though I don't even know if I'd call Illidan a Demon Hunter then, either; he was a Mage in WotA (as shown in the flashback to Black Rook Hold in Legion). He codified what a Demon Hunter would come to be - but I wouldn't say he was a true Demon Hunter as we recognize it today until WC3.
    The Black Rock Hold event is happening before he went to Sargeras.

He was always primary a mage until he got those eyes, tattoos and warglaives which made him a Demon Hunter.

In Well of Eternity dungeon, he was a Demon Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Then when did Feronas become a Demon Hunter? Illidan was immedialty imprisoned at the end of the Wota.
    After WotA.

Illysanna became one by herself.

Feloran probably did it as well.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-09-10 at 12:02 AM.

The Black Rock Hold event is happening before he went to Sargeras.

He was always primary a mage until he got those eyes, tattoos and warglaives which are never mentioned in any WotA source.

In Well of Eternity dungeon, he was a Demon Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

After WotA.

Illysanna became one by herself.

Feloran probably did it as well.
    okay, so you confirmed what i said and contradicted yourself : Illidan wasn't the only DH during the wc3 era.

okay, so you confirmed what i said and contradicted yourself : Illidan wasn't the only DH during the wc3 era.
    I didn't because when you played WC3, all those names were just for custom games.

They incorporated those names into WoW later on.

I don't think they existed as a formal organization, but the lore does make reference to several individuals that either tried to emulate Illidan or where helped by Illidan himself to follow his path, but it was only during his time in Outland he started to make a DH army.

He created the idea of a Demon Hunter, and others followed, whether how tenuous their connection illidan was depends of the individual DH.

I didn't because when you played WC3, all those names were just for custom games.

They incorporated those names into WoW later on.
    How does it prove that Illidan was the only DH around? The DHs and their story were mentioned in the manual as well. Furthermore we find some DH while playing Vanilla. If you have any evidence to contradict this, feel free to share them.

How does it prove that Illidan was the only DH around? The DHs and their story were mentioned in the manual as well. Furthermore we find some DH while playing Vanilla. If you have any evidence to contradict this, feel free to share them.
    That's my point.

When you played WC3 (disregard WoW in this case), Illidan was the only one during that time.

You have a point about the manual though if people were lucky to have them.