Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    basically main cyberpunk 2077 for 150+hrs? easy choice.

Probably wait for BC to hopefully come out.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't suck AS BAD as BfA, I'll probably keep playing. BfA was the first time in a decade that I didn't raid, at all. I don't think the covenant system is going to be nearly as bad as all the garbage this expansion.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Hmm... can't check more than one option.

I dunno, is the answer. If people leave, i might leave too.
    Might play next xpac or not. Who knows. Can't predict that far ahead cause i thought i was done with WoW before and ended up returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how bad it is...I still played BFA even though it wasn't great...I quit WoD for a long time and didn't sub back till the demon invasions

probably spend the rest of my life on forums whining about how much it sucks instead of just playing a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Title says it all.

This is Blizzard’s chance to get it right, like how Legion made up for the disaster that was WoD. BfA wasn’t too well received, so maybe SL will get things right? Or it could be the last straw for many players. Even with Legion’s success the game hasn’t been the same since WoD came out.

Or you could keep playing SL despite it sucking, because as shitty as WoW can get, it’s still the best MMO to many people.
    Currently in the beta and honestly there hasn't been a single thing, I mean anything honestly I am pumped for. I was kind of excited at first because it felt like they were making changes which would take us back to when the game was actually decent but I guess that is up for individual interpretation as well. What the game has felt like to me for years is a system by which they take things away from the game, give them another name, a new way to grind for it and then re-release it under a new structured lore and then ask us to pay for it again.

Fast forward a bit...When a company starts limited to your abilities in game (like aoe capping) to change game mechanics that is pretty low. Just something that simple, I feel is being overlooked. That changes the mythic meta for instant, not with an interesting game mechanic, or a new design, or anything new. They just cap how much damage you can do, hard cap it. This doesn't make it more interesting, or challenging at all, it makes it take longer. Call me crazy, but as much as I try I am unable to get excited about anything I have seen so far in beta. I also have all classes max leveled and in 450+gear for the leveling and gaming experience. I have tried about half and have actually stopped playing the beta.
    Last edited by InflaterMouse; 2020-09-17 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axerty View Post
    probably spend the rest of my life on forums whining about how much it sucks instead of just playing a different game.
    Well yes because there is no different game that's worth a dime. The alternatives are even worse.

I would wait TBC, and then Wrath of the Lich King.

Shrug and freeze my account till the next time I feel like playing. My interest in the game started to vane in Legion. I've subbed occasionally to play through new content, but I've been less interested every patch, haven't even touched 8.3 yet. I suppose I partly wish to leave for good, but the lore still genuinely interests me, such as it is. It's nicer to play a good expansion, of course, but I won't feel too down if Shadowlands fails at that. Just as long as they don't stumble with the story as badly as in BFA.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

If? I guess now we know, yes, it sucks bad.
    I've been playing since vanilla, and this is so bad, idk yet. I hope it really hits Blizzard in their bank account.
    They should look up the word "expansion", because all they do is amputate.
    I wish we would get a clean expansion one time. Keep what we have earned, and EXPAND.
    They ALWAYS have to take away what works, and kick people in the head.
    Shadowlands so far is the worst I have seen, and I may quit.
    I've really had it with them doing this to us, and we're paying for it.
    The last expansions were bad. They would take away your hard earned and paid for flying, laugh at you, and say, "no you have to grind for weeks to earn back what you already had". So, we grind, and don't even get to play any of the new content for a long time. And now, all of that grinding for Pathfinder II is free to new players. F me!
    They destroy your classes, and professions. I had to drop fully leveled professions, like LW and tailoring, because EVERYTHING was changed to BoP, and couldn't be mailed to alts, and was not usable on my toons that I leveled the profs on, specifically to craft for my alts.
    I quit the warlock, a class I played since vanilla, because they did a forced class change, and robbed our best abilities to give to Demon Hunters. It was a complete class change, and the warlock just wasn't fun after that one.
    I tried Shadow Priest, Shaman, and Hunter for a while, and I like them all, but really was getting into my hunter, only for this expansion to delete my favorite pet, after I leveled 2 hunters, Horde and Alliance. Now, my flying pet is gone(grounded), and there's no replacement.
    I have Engineering on about 7 toons, and they took away my most used item, the loot-a-rang. Now, I only have it on one toon. All of the others are completely disabled, and won't work again, unless I spend weeks (or more) grinding mats, or $1 million gold that I don't have to level Cata engineering to 70 on them all.
    Again, they remove what you already had. This is not an expansion. This is amputation.
    This stuff isn't even all of it, just the most frustrating right now.
    SWTOR time? Idk yet. Maybe... I've done it before...
    It's supposed to be fun, and my friends that I play with are all pretty pissed.
    Each day, it seems to be less crowded, so I am really wondering how their numbers are doing, but more important, will they finally listen??
    When so many people are leaving, and all of the guilds are falling apart, I hope they do.

Will level to max in SL for sure. See the zones, do the dungeons and raids. After that, I dont know. Looking at the track record of the last couple of xpacs, I will unsub. I cant be bothered with the neverending shite grind for borrowed powers again. I wont commit to that again.

as of writing this, 40.34% of people who voted are the keeping the problems with this game alive...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Will level to max in SL for sure. See the zones, do the dungeons and raids. After that, I dont know. Looking at the track record of the last couple of xpacs, I will unsub. I cant be bothered with the neverending shite grind for borrowed powers again. I wont commit to that again.
    why not just ask for a refund now if chances are you are most likely gonna unsub.... because you know for a fact the grind is coming. why wait for the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    why not just ask for a refund now if chances are you are most likely gonna unsub.... because you know for a fact the grind is coming. why wait for the inevitable
    Citation needed

There is no endless grind

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Citation needed

There is no endless grind
    citation needed

where did i say it was endless?

Keep on playing classic or quit gaming entirely until the next exp.

the same thing i did 2 weeks into bfa. play private servers of expansion i like

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    citation needed

where did i say it was endless?
    The guy you were quoting was talking about an endless grind. So if you say there is a grind. Either you didnt read or you're baiting him

Either way I'm curious what grind you are talking about because i don't see one (a 20 minutes weekly quest isnt a grind)

If it turns out to be good which is unlikely I'll probably take a look in 9.3 once Blizz has added the "catchups we couldn't add at launch/9.1 for arbitrary reasons but can now because asspulled reasons".