View Poll Results: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Voters
409. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quit WoW

83 20.29%
  • Quit until the next expansion

160 39.12%
  • Keep playing

166 40.59%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    If you do that you will always be behind in progression, and at that point why even play the game?
    There is always catch up mechanism in patches for returning people tho, plus not everyone is raiding Mythic difficulty.

create a new alt on classic

The big selling point of Blizzard games is that the entire catalog is actually free if you enjoy a modicum of gold farming. Buying SL has a big benefit, even if you dislike endgame, as long as you gold farm. It allows you to get Diablo 4 or Overwatch 2 for free. Hell if you have been gold farming in BfA, you got SL for free. Also it gives you access to classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambskin View Post
    Probably kill myself tbh. I have nothing going for me except wow and none of my friends even play any more so I got nothing and nobody except the virtual world, where I can't make friends and have been playing for 15 years and am not even good at it lol why wait for shadowlands
    the realest post here. Probably true for 90% of posters on this forum.

Probably kill myself tbh. I have nothing going for me except wow and none of my friends even play any more so I got nothing and nobody except the virtual world, where I can't make friends and have been playing for 15 years and am not even good at it lol why wait for shadowlands
    And then you will wake up in the virtual world as your character like those animes!

The same thing I do every expansion Pinky, try to enjoy it anyway!

Every expansion except WOD I've managed to at least enjoy leveling my characters, doing the rep grinds, and other minor things, even for the expansions where I wasn't so invested as to be doing regularly scheduled raiding/pvp/dungeons.

Only WOD has been the exception, because there was sweet FA to do at max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Title says it all.

This is Blizzard’s chance to get it right, like how Legion made up for the disaster that was WoD. BfA wasn’t too well received, so maybe SL will get things right? Or it could be the last straw for many players. Even with Legion’s success the game hasn’t been the same since WoD came out.

Or you could keep playing SL despite it sucking, because as shitty as WoW can get, it’s still the best MMO to many people.
    Be disappointed, but not surprised. Then just unsub after finishing the storyline. Wait for the next one. Not like anyone is making any quality games anymore anyways so there really is not anywhere else to go. D4 looks like it may be "ok" since Jay Wilson isn't involved.

even if shadowlands sucks gameplay wise ill still be tuned in to find out whats going on witht he jailer, this is the first time ive actually been interested in the lore, before like back in wod i only cared about the game mechanics and had no idea what was going on, which to me is really just an upgrade in the quality of the narrative,
    but as a semi casual player i actually enjoy the current gameplay style of always having something to do when you log in

I hope you're not serious, because you sounded serious, and you can't be serious.

I mean.....there's a new xbox and ps coming out and cyberpunk so.....other games?
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

basically main cyberpunk 2077 for 150+hrs? easy choice.

Probably wait for BC to hopefully come out.

As long as it doesn't suck AS BAD as BfA, I'll probably keep playing. BfA was the first time in a decade that I didn't raid, at all. I don't think the covenant system is going to be nearly as bad as all the garbage this expansion.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Hmm... can't check more than one option.

I dunno, is the answer. If people leave, i might leave too.
    Might play next xpac or not. Who knows. Can't predict that far ahead cause i thought i was done with WoW before and ended up returning.

Depends on how bad it is...I still played BFA even though it wasn't great...I quit WoD for a long time and didn't sub back till the demon invasions
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

probably spend the rest of my life on forums whining about how much it sucks instead of just playing a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Title says it all.

This is Blizzard’s chance to get it right, like how Legion made up for the disaster that was WoD. BfA wasn’t too well received, so maybe SL will get things right? Or it could be the last straw for many players. Even with Legion’s success the game hasn’t been the same since WoD came out.

Or you could keep playing SL despite it sucking, because as shitty as WoW can get, it’s still the best MMO to many people.
    Currently in the beta and honestly there hasn't been a single thing, I mean anything honestly I am pumped for. I was kind of excited at first because it felt like they were making changes which would take us back to when the game was actually decent but I guess that is up for individual interpretation as well. What the game has felt like to me for years is a system by which they take things away from the game, give them another name, a new way to grind for it and then re-release it under a new structured lore and then ask us to pay for it again.

Fast forward a bit...When a company starts limited to your abilities in game (like aoe capping) to change game mechanics that is pretty low. Just something that simple, I feel is being overlooked. That changes the mythic meta for instant, not with an interesting game mechanic, or a new design, or anything new. They just cap how much damage you can do, hard cap it. This doesn't make it more interesting, or challenging at all, it makes it take longer. Call me crazy, but as much as I try I am unable to get excited about anything I have seen so far in beta. I also have all classes max leveled and in 450+gear for the leveling and gaming experience. I have tried about half and have actually stopped playing the beta.
    Last edited by InflaterMouse; 2020-09-17 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axerty View Post
    probably spend the rest of my life on forums whining about how much it sucks instead of just playing a different game.
    Well yes because there is no different game that's worth a dime. The alternatives are even worse.

I would wait TBC, and then Wrath of the Lich King.

Shrug and freeze my account till the next time I feel like playing. My interest in the game started to vane in Legion. I've subbed occasionally to play through new content, but I've been less interested every patch, haven't even touched 8.3 yet. I suppose I partly wish to leave for good, but the lore still genuinely interests me, such as it is. It's nicer to play a good expansion, of course, but I won't feel too down if Shadowlands fails at that. Just as long as they don't stumble with the story as badly as in BFA.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.