View Poll Results: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Voters
752. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quit WoW

162 21.54%
  • Quit until the next expansion

308 40.96%
  • Keep playing

282 37.50%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i didnt buy shadowlands but if i buy it,if i dont like i quit wow 100% sure-easy.

people,i cant wait 20 years for see all hero classes in wow.and you?it is necessary that things go faster blizzard, give us the remaining hero classes once and for all.stop bfa-shit expansions.

I'm jealous of everyone who said "play FF14." I've tried several times since the release of 2.0, from as early as launch to as recently as spring this year... I just can't get into it. I know a few people from other games who raid at a pretty damn high level & have always offered to help me out, but it just doesn't work for me.

But yeah, still depends on what my guild would do for me. They're the biggest reason I'm playing right now, even though the game is in a pretty poor state.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I'm jealous of everyone who said "play FF14." I've tried several times since the release of 2.0, from as early as launch to as recently as spring this year... I just can't get into it. I know a few people from other games who raid at a pretty damn high level & have always offered to help me out, but it just doesn't work for me.

But yeah, still depends on what my guild would do for me. They're the biggest reason I'm playing right now, even though the game is in a pretty poor state.
    That is because we have been conditioned by the WoW gameplay loop.
    Despite what people try to say, FFXIV is acompletely different type of mmo.
    Where WoW is about imediacy and a constant power grind, FF is slower paced but finite and offering a wider variety of activities.

The mindset to enjoy either game is completely different. I tell you, it took me a long time to "get" FFXIV. I also played ARR and left after getting two jobs to 50 intent in never returning, until last year where some of my guild decided to give it a go. I hated it and was on the verge of quitting until mid-way Stormblood when i reach the Azim Steppes. There, the game finally came together for me. The class design started to kick in into a satisfying flow, the story involved helping some tribes in a wide plains zone and concluded in a major all out war scenario. From there story and combat got much better for me.

But, yeah, the thing about FF is that it's not about rushing, but about slowly achieving your goal. Also that combat is just a part of the game and not the only focus.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-21 at 04:31 AM.

Pick a random expansion and play that private server. I only care about pvp so content being stale isn't much of an issue, just hope the bugs aren't too gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    It increased before the release of classic and has maintained player involvement in retail over the expansion.
    The bean counters at Activision HQ's would disagree with you. I did listen into the quarters call on that one. The increase in revenue is tied to the release of Classic, and the interest in Classic remained strong for several months afterwards. It still is fairly strong.

Anecdotes are typically bad as examples, but, they can despite this provide a bit of insight.
    My B.net friends list completely exploded with returning friends at Classic release. STILL to this day the absolute majority of the guys and gals on my friends list is playing Classic, NOT BfA. I'm one of the very few that does, and I only returned to BfA to sort out characters in preparation for SL a bit after 8.3 were out. Before that I too played mostly Classic, or didn't play at all in fact. BfA is the first expansion ever where I've felt I can't justify paying the sub fee. Which is a very annoying situation to be in when you in fact do want to play WoW.
    I'm in a decent Mythic raiding guild on one of the biggest EU servers, the activity in the guild is pretty much dead most days. People are playing other games in wait for SL, even Beta activity has gone down. It has looked like this for, well I've lost track of time now, but definitely more than 2 months. Activity only spikes on the day of selling Mythic raid carry. Can't remember ever experiencing something quite like this before. BfA is in my mind, without a doubt, the worst flop of an expansion to this date. I'm glad you liked it though, but don't kid yourself into thinking it was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That is because we have been conditioned by the WoW gameplay loop.
    Despite what people try to say, FFXIV is acompletely different type of mmo.
    Where WoW is about imediacy and a constant power grind, FF is slower paced but finite and offering a wider variety of activities.

The mindset to enjoy either game is completely different. I tell you, it took me a long time to "get" FFXIV. I also played ARR and left after getting two jobs to 50 intent in never returning, until last year where some of my guild decided to give it a go. I hated it and was on the verge of quitting until mid-way Stormblood when i reach the Azim Steppes. There, the game finally came together for me. The class design started to kick in into a satisfying flow, the story involved helping some tribes in a wide plains zone and concluded in a major all out war scenario. From there story and combat got much better for me.

But, yeah, the thing about FF is that it's not about rushing, but about slowly achieving your goal. Also that combat is just a part of the game and not the only focus.
    That's the thing. For me, MMOs are pretty much only about playing with other people & doing challenging stuff together. If I wanted a story driven RPG, I'd not be playing an MMO, I'd be playing a CRPG/JRPG. The story of 14 just made me cringe & I wanted nothing more than to get it out of the way so I could do the fun stuff - playing with other people.

FF14 certainly isn't all bad, though! The crafting is a lot better, and the approach to flying makes a lot more sense. I did have some fun with it, but eh.

If Shadowlands sucks, I know we'll play other things, but it won't be the same.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-10-21 at 11:52 AM.

I'd quit but not until the next expansion, would probably come back in 9.2 or 9.3 by then the expansion has probably become more playable and might be okay

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    That's the thing. For me, MMOs are pretty much only about playing with other people & doing challenging stuff together. If I wanted a story driven RPG, I'd not be playing an MMO, I'd be playing a CRPG/JRPG. The story of 14 just made me cringe & I wanted nothing more than to get it out of the way so I could do the fun stuff - playing with other people.

FF14 certainly isn't all bad, though! The crafting is a lot better, and the approach to flying makes a lot more sense. I did have some fun with it, but eh.

If Shadowlands sucks, I know we'll play other things, but it won't be the same.
    That is fair enough. You are not the only one thinking that way. If one can't enjoy the story, i really can't recommend FF. It is essentially a single player JRPG, which has many deep systems and activities and an mmo on top. If you dont enjoy the single player stuff, the game will be fighting you all the time.
    It's not like it's impossible to enjoy it if you have the patience to skip everything, but i think you just won't get the most out of it. So, yeah i totally understand skipping it. It's not for all.

Drop out till the next expansion. There's lots of other fun stuff to do.

Same as what you do with other products - not use it.

"The game hasn't been the same since WOD."

Girl please. I love dramatic posts like this. WoW has only ever been wholly and completely WoW with some slight variating and iterating on systems and their complexity. Classic and Retail are not at all different games and very much play like games at different stages of development but retaining the exact same structural and creative integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    The bean counters at Activision HQ's would disagree with you. I did listen into the quarters call on that one. The increase in revenue is tied to the release of Classic, and the interest in Classic remained strong for several months afterwards. It still is fairly strong.

Anecdotes are typically bad as examples, but, they can despite this provide a bit of insight.
    My B.net friends list completely exploded with returning friends at Classic release. STILL to this day the absolute majority of the guys and gals on my friends list is playing Classic, NOT BfA. I'm one of the very few that does, and I only returned to BfA to sort out characters in preparation for SL a bit after 8.3 were out. Before that I too played mostly Classic, or didn't play at all in fact. BfA is the first expansion ever where I've felt I can't justify paying the sub fee. Which is a very annoying situation to be in when you in fact do want to play WoW.
    I'm in a decent Mythic raiding guild on one of the biggest EU servers, the activity in the guild is pretty much dead most days. People are playing other games in wait for SL, even Beta activity has gone down. It has looked like this for, well I've lost track of time now, but definitely more than 2 months. Activity only spikes on the day of selling Mythic raid carry. Can't remember ever experiencing something quite like this before. BfA is in my mind, without a doubt, the worst flop of an expansion to this date. I'm glad you liked it though, but don't kid yourself into thinking it was a success.
    No really. The revenue for wow (bfa and classic) combined increased in spite of launch of classic, not because of it.

Amount of people that played BFA has increased over the expansion. Mostly because of 8.2 and 8.3

I don't know a single person that plays classic and when people ask these days if classic is game to start now, the answer you get is that its a dead game in the leveling process and people log on to speedrun raids once a week mostly.

I do like classic and play it alone from time to time. But the 200 people guild I joined at launch has no active players in it any longer.

Point is, this notion that BFA was a failed expansion in any shape or form is just wrong. It doesn't hold any water.

Ill just be a reasonble person and play when i feel like it.

Doesnt everyone do that?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    lol ok. Its hard to take you seriously when you type up things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

but Mists was much better than Legion could ever dream of being.
    Man, you’re the one stating opinions as fact. Can you even take yourself seriously?

Well I've had and continue to have fun with BFA which I'm told is the worst expansion ever so I'm sure I'll enjoy Shadowlands as well.
    Last edited by Tuskla; 2020-10-23 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

still play it but cry inside as i got noting esle going on atm

Maybe go back to everquest progression servers.

They do them pretty well. It's not perfect, but better setup than classic.

The Lightbringer
    I dunno fam I got millions of gold doing fuckall of nothing so I can still play this mediocre dying game for years without loss. What else would I spend it on? Diablo 4 is still far away and a one-time purchase. SC2 is dead and I already got the coolest unit skins for it. Hearthstone is completely fucking dead and has a gorillion expansions of toxic combos that make it horrible to play. Heroes is the saddest death of all and ironically the lootboxes for it are so easy to get from actually playing the game that I have the gold/shards to buy practically anything they ever release forever as it is. So yeah nah I'll keep playing this rotten game a few hours a week when it gets boring and dull which is like half an expansion.

I seriously dunno who the fuck plays the game more than that outside of new content. New expansion I am on that shit all day erryday for weeks. New patch, a few days at least and then back to raidlogging. Once the tier's clear, only the bare minimum of raidlogging to not be kicked. This late into an expansion, I don't show up to sell carries to monkeys because I find them disgusting and don't need gold. What is Shadowlands really gonna do different to this pattern? Nothing I imagine. It's been this way for me for years now. The only way I'll quit this game is if they set up Yrel and the Light as big bads that "are the real evil all along" because if I can't side with the Light and have to save the Horde and shit from them, I'm just out forever and I'd never come back.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No really. The revenue for wow (bfa and classic) combined increased in spite of launch of classic, not because of it.

Amount of people that played BFA has increased over the expansion. Mostly because of 8.2 and 8.3

I don't know a single person that plays classic and when people ask these days if classic is game to start now, the answer you get is that its a dead game in the leveling process and people log on to speedrun raids once a week mostly.

I do like classic and play it alone from time to time. But the 200 people guild I joined at launch has no active players in it any longer.

Point is, this notion that BFA was a failed expansion in any shape or form is just wrong. It doesn't hold any water.
    Blizzard's survival may depend on how they handle WoW Classic.

1. It will be a huge mistake if they go with BC servers because they will end up with a small playerbase like Classic has now.
    2. Blizzard will make a huge comeback if they make a totally new expansion off of Wow Classic that keeps most of the same systems intact, just with a new set of raids and dungeons that adds just a few new features and wrinkles.

Just basically start over with WoW. Forget the BC > SL timeline. Do it all over again and don't make the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I dunno fam I got millions of gold doing fuckall of nothing so I can still play this mediocre dying game for years without loss. What else would I spend it on? Diablo 4 is still far away and a one-time purchase. SC2 is dead and I already got the coolest unit skins for it. Hearthstone is completely fucking dead and has a gorillion expansions of toxic combos that make it horrible to play. Heroes is the saddest death of all and ironically the lootboxes for it are so easy to get from actually playing the game that I have the gold/shards to buy practically anything they ever release forever as it is. So yeah nah I'll keep playing this rotten game a few hours a week when it gets boring and dull which is like half an expansion.

I seriously dunno who the fuck plays the game more than that outside of new content. New expansion I am on that shit all day erryday for weeks. New patch, a few days at least and then back to raidlogging. Once the tier's clear, only the bare minimum of raidlogging to not be kicked. This late into an expansion, I don't show up to sell carries to monkeys because I find them disgusting and don't need gold. What is Shadowlands really gonna do different to this pattern? Nothing I imagine. It's been this way for me for years now. The only way I'll quit this game is if they set up Yrel and the Light as big bads that "are the real evil all along" because if I can't side with the Light and have to save the Horde and shit from them, I'm just out forever and I'd never come back.
    Ya I guess this is just the new normal. It takes way longer to create content than it does for us to consume it. Some people have caught on and have several "main" games that they rotate between. Mine are WoW, everquest progression servers, and PoE.

And some people haven't caught on, and just complain on mmo champ all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Blizzard's survival may depend on how they handle WoW Classic.

1. It will be a huge mistake if they go with BC servers because they will end up with a small playerbase like Classic has now.
    2. Blizzard will make a huge comeback if they make a totally new expansion off of Wow Classic that keeps most of the same systems intact, just with a new set of raids and dungeons that adds just a few new features and wrinkles.

Just basically start over with WoW. Forget the BC > SL timeline. Do it all over again and don't make the same mistakes.
    Look, as cool as that sounds, it's just full on delusion.

Also, we would of heard about it by now if they were going to do it. They're not gonna let people sit in Naxx for years. It makes no business sense.

We're gonna get BC, most likely just pushed onto all classic realms because it's easier that way, and it's probably going to suck because it's going to be the same handful of hours a week speedrunning raids, then nothing else to do, just like classic.