View Poll Results: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Voters
752. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quit WoW

162 21.54%
  • Quit until the next expansion

308 40.96%
  • Keep playing

282 37.50%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya I guess this is just the new normal. It takes way longer to create content than it does for us to consume it. Some people have caught on and have several "main" games that they rotate between. Mine are WoW, everquest progression servers, and PoE.

And some people haven't caught on, and just complain on mmo champ all day.
    Its more like get busy living or get busy dying. There is no such thing as a permanent plateau of popularity.

If you're games are less and less popular, all of your talent is fleeing and creating new studios, you are getting booed at your own conventions, maybe you are just dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Its more like get busy living or get busy dying. There is no such thing as a permanent plateau of popularity.

If you're games are less and less popular, all of your talent is fleeing and creating new studios, you are getting booed at your own conventions, maybe you are just dying.
    Couldn't disagree harder. Cons are just the forums made real, and the only people who go to the forums are either A) really in love B) really hate something. This is online reputation management 101, and millions upon millions has been spent to figure out how to change that.

You're likely to get a better idea how "everyone" feels about something asking my dog than you are online forums, con attendees, or fanfic writers lol.

also, the "talent" has been "fleeing" WoW since, what, 2010? Either WoW is dying the slowest MMO death of all time *OR* you guys just keep saying that WoW is dying so inevitably when it does turn the servers off you can say you were right all along.

I was talking more in the sense of back in the day, with a game like everquest, you could play that game straight for years and not run out of meaningful ways to advance your character.

It wasn't well designed in hindsight, of course, but we used to be able to just "main" a game without issue. People did it with D2 back in the day as well. \

It's just not like that anymore, not for PvE games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Look, as cool as that sounds, it's just full on delusion.

Also, we would of heard about it by now if they were going to do it. They're not gonna let people sit in Naxx for years. It makes no business sense.

We're gonna get BC, most likely just pushed onto all classic realms because it's easier that way, and it's probably going to suck because it's going to be the same handful of hours a week speedrunning raids, then nothing else to do, just like classic.
    Yes I think you are right, they are gonna do the BC thing instead.

Yes I think you are right, they are gonna do the BC thing instead.
    It'll be mad fun for a month or 2 at least.

And you can make a bonker's amount of gold early on with an alt army with certain profession cooldowns. Then just RMT it since you won't care about your account anymore.

wait next patch, go to forums and express why I'm not playing... hope game get better

It does look like it's going to suck. Either way I intend to stick around for a month at least. Then I could go back to LoL, ESO, or stay busy a few months with Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla until Corepunk comes out.

Play 3-6 months until I get bored until the next expansion, like I always do. A lot of these xpacs are pretty fun for a few months. Its the longevity that isn't there. Even WoD I enjoyed for a few months. There hasnt been an expac I hated; there were some I could tell were going to be bad, but I played them while they were still fun in the beginning and peaced out.

I think too many people subject themselves to torture instead of just enjoying it for what it is, and leaving.

Blizzard's survival may depend on how they handle WoW Classic.

1. It will be a huge mistake if they go with BC servers because they will end up with a small playerbase like Classic has now.
    2. Blizzard will make a huge comeback if they make a totally new expansion off of Wow Classic that keeps most of the same systems intact, just with a new set of raids and dungeons that adds just a few new features and wrinkles.

Just basically start over with WoW. Forget the BC > SL timeline. Do it all over again and don't make the same mistakes.
    Then you need to find out what the mistakes are, and how do you even agree with anyone on that?

Just not play the game - plenty of other interesting games and entertainment to spend time with.

I'll do what I did in BfA most likely; Play a whole lot in the first patch, clear as much Mythic raid as I can. Then quit when the first "major" patch is 3 quests and a promise of something else later. Come back for 10.0, rinse, repeat.

This is the first expansion IN a very very long toikme That I will not be playing from launch , and I really doubt at this point I will play it . The more you read up on it and see what they arre doing, the more this Expansion looks to be just complete shit
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I really don't think it's going to suck. The more I read, the more excited I am. I really like the direction they are heading.

I like WoW too much and I also played beta so it will probably not suck.

I just hope they are making this expansion alooooot more alt-friendly (im not 100% sure what they have done for alts in beta actually).

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Title says it all.

This is Blizzard’s chance to get it right, like how Legion made up for the disaster that was WoD. BfA wasn’t too well received, so maybe SL will get things right? Or it could be the last straw for many players. Even with Legion’s success the game hasn’t been the same since WoD came out.

Or you could keep playing SL despite it sucking, because as shitty as WoW can get, it’s still the best MMO to many people.
    If SL sucks it'll be the first expansion I don't buy at all. My collector's edition streak that has been going since Wotlk stopped at BfA. I simply don't trust Blizzard enough to preorder it this time.

Also, WoD was way better than Legion.

Keep playing i guess, even though we have had "bad" expansions before, i always play them, and usually enjoy myself playing them, WoW has become a constant in my life i guess, it`s the one thing thats always there when shit goes sour, so no matter how bad the expansion seems to the general public, i enjoy them for the most part

Play some WoW classic, LOTRO, FF11 or FF14

They have kinda sucked for a while now but it doesn't seem to stop me from playing. Wait patiently for D4??
    I found an SNES rpg I missed called Paladin's Quest I'm enjoying at the moment.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Play something else. It's not like my entire Video Game hobby relies on WoW.

I don't see any reason to get that one. There are absolutely no indication on it being a good one. On the contrary. And with covid helping, updates will be delayed and half assed.
    So why waiting the one after that ?