Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm completely avoiding shadowlands, never even bought the expansion or renew my subscription. I would rather play the expansion after that or once blizzard gets a new lead developers for wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chir0n View Post
    People will complain on every forum known to mankind and continue to play. And when the next expansion launches shadowlands will be the greatest expansion ever.
    Pretty much.

I’ll do what I always do if I don’t like an expansion. Quit and come back later. Either at the end of the expansion if it looks like it got better, or when the next one comes out if it looks promising. Tbh, I’m not even sure whether I will get Shadowlands yet. Still waiting to see how it looks at/close to launch. (I haven’t been subbed since a couple months into BFA)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's that bad I'll just use up what time I have left and stop playing for a while until I see improvements. Which is what everyone who becomes disinterested in the game should do instead of complaining about how shit it is but continue to play the game like some deranged crack addict.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-09-14 at 11:30 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll quit. But I absolutely don't see this as me making a point or anything. I've taken breaks before. It's the ebb and flow of mmo's...I'm not married to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chir0n View Post
    People will complain on every forum known to mankind and continue to play. And when the next expansion launches shadowlands will be the greatest expansion ever.
    Hardly, Legion still sucks.
    Besides Shadowlands is already looking to be just as bad as Legion was if not worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    From my time on alpha/beta SL is closer to Legion than BFA so I'm confident it'll be a good expansion.
    this gives me hope....I was reeeeeealy hoping to get a Beta key but im glad that many folks are positive on SL so far

3+ Year Old Account
    Well..
    -Be sad
    -Let my sub run out
    -Go play another game until I think I want to play again
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

what i always do - lean back and enjoy

Keep playing because I got nothing else to play for the long haul.
    I can do a couple of single player games, those bi-yearly single player games that aren't trash and/or indie trash, but for 95% of the time I need an MMO, and even in its bad state wow is still the best MMO compared to the others, all of which go for some niche, like FFXIV going for the weeb niche, and ESO going for the...single player MMO niche.

Why is there no option for "Quit until next patch content" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Why is there no option for "Quit until next patch content" ?
    If you do that you will always be behind in progression, and at that point why even play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    If you do that you will always be behind in progression, and at that point why even play the game?
    There is always catch up mechanism in patches for returning people tho, plus not everyone is raiding Mythic difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    create a new alt on classic

The big selling point of Blizzard games is that the entire catalog is actually free if you enjoy a modicum of gold farming. Buying SL has a big benefit, even if you dislike endgame, as long as you gold farm. It allows you to get Diablo 4 or Overwatch 2 for free. Hell if you have been gold farming in BfA, you got SL for free. Also it gives you access to classic WoW.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambskin View Post
    Probably kill myself tbh. I have nothing going for me except wow and none of my friends even play any more so I got nothing and nobody except the virtual world, where I can't make friends and have been playing for 15 years and am not even good at it lol why wait for shadowlands
    the realest post here. Probably true for 90% of posters on this forum.

Probably kill myself tbh. I have nothing going for me except wow and none of my friends even play any more so I got nothing and nobody except the virtual world, where I can't make friends and have been playing for 15 years and am not even good at it lol why wait for shadowlands
    And then you will wake up in the virtual world as your character like those animes!

The same thing I do every expansion Pinky, try to enjoy it anyway!

Every expansion except WOD I've managed to at least enjoy leveling my characters, doing the rep grinds, and other minor things, even for the expansions where I wasn't so invested as to be doing regularly scheduled raiding/pvp/dungeons.

Only WOD has been the exception, because there was sweet FA to do at max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

even if shadowlands sucks gameplay wise ill still be tuned in to find out whats going on witht he jailer, this is the first time ive actually been interested in the lore, before like back in wod i only cared about the game mechanics and had no idea what was going on, which to me is really just an upgrade in the quality of the narrative,
    but as a semi casual player i actually enjoy the current gameplay style of always having something to do when you log in

I hope you're not serious, because you sounded serious, and you can't be serious.

I mean.....there's a new xbox and ps coming out and cyberpunk so.....other games?
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~