Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    You mean like almost every other thread across these forums?
    Generally there's only a bit of swearing and shit-throwing. The subjects OP wants discussed will result in way more shit flinging

its funny that they don't allow what you outlined, but allow other types of political speech, especially when the shit around swifty's sexual assault was going on

pretty cringe they let that fly but just ban all the other posts - what do you except from a buncha snowflake sjw mods tho who never leave their house. they have mod drives on this site how many times a year?

its sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    yeah, because everybody knows that there has never been conspiracies ever!! right?? lol ....

the only conspiracies we know about are those that failed. but for some years now, "they" found a way to work peacefully, cause someone will come pointing finger and scream "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat" and it will be enough to discredit anybody talking about their doubt on official versions. so fucking easy.... we just have to shut up and open our asses until they fail miserably, like the pig bay or watergate.... everything else will be done as planned, and people like you will validate the fuckery by saying "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat" to discredit anybody using common sense to think "huummmm something doesn't add up here, who benefits from the crime??"

fucken chill .....

edit: I'll definitely be banned for that, just hoping you read it before it's edited by mods
    You didn't get the point. There is no point discussing those theories because, both people who believe, and those who don't, won't change their mind. The only thing resulting from such discussions is mud flinging. The discussions tend to get very heated and require more moderation. Just like politics, religion etc. That's why such topics are forbidden on most forums. Because they only create problems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Explain why I got banned for trolling then lol
    You're right, The mod owes you an apology for infracting you for the wrong thing.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    yeah, because everybody knows that there has never been conspiracies ever!! right?? lol ....

the only conspiracies we know about are those that failed. but for some years now, "they" found a way to work peacefully, cause someone will come pointing finger and scream "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat" and it will be enough to discredit anybody talking about their doubt on official versions. so fucking easy.... we just have to shut up and open our asses until they fail miserably, like the pig bay or watergate.... everything else will be done as planned, and people like you will validate the fuckery by saying "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat" to discredit anybody using common sense to think "huummmm something doesn't add up here, who benefits from the crime??"

fucken chill .....

edit: I'll definitely be banned for that, just hoping you read it before it's edited by mods
    Conspiracy theorists don't need any help when it comes to being discredited.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Can very easily lead to being tracked/found if it's hyper specific.

Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Usually leads to harassment.

Not allowed to joke with above.
    See above. I'm sure it doesn't feel great to have people mock you about something you can't change/control.

Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories.
    This one should be obvious with how global events have been happening around this topic. It's a very difficult slope to navigate without turning the forums into a base of operations for these peoples.

In the immortal words of Janine Melnitz, "Just don't go in there."

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    Can very easily lead to being tracked/found if it's hyper specific.
    I mean I guess that's possible...but the rule is more because taking medical advice from people that do not know anything about you or your medical history can be very dangerous. Medical issues should be handled by medical professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Conspiracy theorists don't need any help when it comes to being discredited.
    The whole Epstein thing was a conspiracy theory at one point, and look where we are now

Anyway, yeah these rules like "no trolling" or "no conspiracy theories" are so vague anything can be labeled as such, should the mods choose to. And they do

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Life taught me that people tend to accuse others of things they would do themselves.
    In most cases people accusing mods of unfair treatment are the people who treat everything personally, especially things that go against them.
    Yep, it's the same with those shouting TOXIC! in forums and social media as games, videos etc. I see some youtube videos about people in games etc that talks about how toxic those others were. And I am there watching it and just shakes my head, because the one who is really toxic is the person complaining about the others. Some people just can't see their own flaws and since they have that toxic trigger as a emotional reaction they don't understand that the issue starts with them.

Got a few examples here as well. A user thinks they get infraction just because they are disagreeing with people, and just ignores how condescending they are to the others while disagreeing. Their exaggerated sense of self-imposed importance trumps everything else. Textbook narcissism.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2020-09-08 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.
    "Why can't I make fun of autism or discuss QAnon things here???" kind of answers itself. Plenty of other places you can go for that garbage.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, if anything the forum isn't moderated enough.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't always get what you want and think you should have.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Ease up on power trips.
    yeah, acting like they own the place....um

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I question infractions I might encounter but...Off topic really needs it and sometimes wow depending on who's talking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ease up on power trips.
    Euuuhh its a gaming forum for starters.

And joke about mental disorders....you are kidding right? If i look at the subjects you want to "talk" about. Sounds more like you are not happy this gaming forum is not a extreme right wing nest of hatred?!

And look up freedom of speech laws in general and the forums guidlines. They are well within both of them to moderate like they do.

But lets look at your points:

Not allowed to ask about medical issues. <<< euuuh its not a medical forum
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders. <<< there is nothing to discuss. again not a medical forum. and hacks with bad advice and no experience can do more harm.
    Not allowed to joke with above. <<< only very low life/sick/ a bunch of curse words people make fun off problems like this.
    Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories. <<< good. this is not a extreme left or extreme right wing forum. And again, these things hurt people.

It is just about moderated enough to prevent the forums from devolving into an alt-right cesspit.

Don't like it? Go someplace else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Lol, if anything the forum isn't moderated enough.
    Pretty much, so many threads got created with the sole purpose of antagonizing people and sparking a flame war and often nothing happens until we're 10 pages deep, people are shit flinging left and right and the moderation just locks the thread then, nothing more.

Not gonna even talk about off-topic / political cuz things were 10 times worse there until I filtered them out and stopped checking, but I can expect nothing improved on that front.

Also prepare this thread to be locked too for "discussing moderation".

Ease up on power trips.
    Add to that religion and sexuality. And saying anything that goes against mainstream opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    The whole Epstein thing was a conspiracy theory at one point, and look where we are now
    Ok.

Tell us then...

...Where are we now?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Not to mention they throw infractions at everyone who doesn't have a milquetoast opinion on every subject.
    The infraction system is hands down the dumbest and most infuriating system I've ever seen on any forum. And I've been part of many much larger forums where somehow I don't seem to get punished or moderated for the exact same behavior...

I know for a fact that some people created their own communities on discord because the moderation on MMO-C is too extreme.
    I've been here for like over 13 years (lost the account info on an account that had over 4,000 posts) and the literal only time I ever get infractions is for flaming when I flat out call someone a fucking idiot, lol.