Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    12,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Actually, It wasn't a short term. It was a year.
    Rights are Rights no matter how insignificant you might think they are. When they do something small, it gives them license to go bigger the next time. To many people will just lie down and take it. Like you said "its just a video game forum".
    Which of your rights were violated? Last I checked MMOC was a private company, as such they can refuse service (or permission to their service) to anyone, for whatever reason they want.

  2. #142
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

    You brought it up to someone who wasn't even talking to you directly. Now you are simply going on and on about it.
    Yeah, I really don't see why someone would be so gung ho about pretending it doesn't exist and that anyone mentioning it is just labeling "those they don't like" with buzzwords if one doesn't somehow identify with it. The KKK has a small presence in the world, yet who the hell would come to their defense when they're mentioned as racist proponents of political violence...? Someone identifying with them and feeling attacked. That's who.

    Facts are what they are, regardless of his issues. I'm done with his tantrum and self-fellating.

    My point about these forums quickly devolving into an alt-right cesspool without moderation still stands, based on literal experience. They still get to post loads of shit before they're moderated already.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-09-08 at 05:05 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    bOrRoWeD PoWeR U gUiS, 'TiS EvIl!!

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Not allowed to joke with above.
    Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories.

    I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.
    Then don't use these forums. Easy.

  4. #144
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,382
    Clearly, the fact that this dumpster fire is still up hints towards it not being moderated enough.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yes, You were the first person to bring it up and make an issue of it, Queen of Hamsters mentioned it, YOU brought it up as a bone of contention, and I disagreed with you suggesting you and your own posting to the OP was an example that your argument was invalid and Alt Right enough.

    Again doesn't matter, Point made
    Unbelievable.

    No, I didn't bring it up first. Stop lying.

  6. #146
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Not allowed to joke with above.
    Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories.

    I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.
    I agree. 100%
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, I really don't see why someone would be so gung ho about pretending it doesn't exist and that anyone mentioning it is just labeling "those they don't like" with buzzwords if one doesn't somehow identify with it. The KKK has a small presence in the world, yet who the hell would come to their defense when they're mentioned as racist proponents of political violence...? Someone identifying with them and feeling attacked. That's who.

    Facts are what they are, regardless of his issues.
    Saying a bad group has a small presence isn't defending them, it's just doing what they don't want you to do.
    Wanna know the best way to defeat the alt-right, or KKK, or pretty much any neferious political group? Stop talking about them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Clearly, the fact that this dumpster fire is still up hints towards it not being moderated enough.
    Absolutely no discussion we don't like allowed

  8. #148
    The Insane Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    19,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Absolutely no discussion we don't like allowed
    This isn't a discussion, it's 4 people going "NUHUH NO YOU" back and forth for multiple pages.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    This isn't a discussion, it's 4 people going "NUHUH NO YOU" back and forth for multiple pages.
    You are right about that, this thread did derail very quickly

    I found out I'm alt-right and an ethno-nationalist today though

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Not allowed to joke with above.
    Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories.

    I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.
    why the hell would anyone want to discuss stupid conspiracy theories? lol sounds like you just want to troll

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Burden of proof lies with you

    Simply put;

    - It's not the norm to be alt-right
    - Therefore being alt-right is abnormal
    - Therefore you must prove it is mainstream, it's not up to me to prove it's not

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nope. Pretty sure I know what I believe more than you

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't have to prove I'm not alt-right anymore than I have to prove I'm not a nazi or serial killer

    YOU have to to prove it, it's your claim
    Yep, I do recall you claiming to be totally a libertarian... except for that pesky little part about you hating gun rights, and freedom of speech... and people moving to your country.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post49681466

    We've had these chats before.

    And this thread:

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...n#post49647073
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    This isn't a discussion, it's 4 people going "NUHUH NO YOU" back and forth for multiple pages.

    Yeah don't call them out for it either. You'll get infracted.

  13. #153
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    39,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, I really don't see why someone would be so gung ho about pretending it doesn't exist and that anyone mentioning it is just labeling "those they don't like" with buzzwords if one doesn't somehow identify with it. The KKK has a small presence in the world, yet who the hell would come to their defense when they're mentioned as racist proponents of political violence...? Someone identifying with them and feeling attacked. That's who.

    Facts are what they are, regardless of his issues. I'm done with his tantrum and self-fellating.

    My point about these forums quickly devolving into an alt-right cesspool without moderation still stands, based on literal experience. They still get to post loads of shit before they're moderated already.
    I am pretty sure you can figure out pretty easy why he is Gung Ho as well I am pretty sure you can figure our a great deal by the demonstration he has given as to why his complaints and moderation has become what it is, and probably why it's frowned upon being dealt with in forums this way.

    As for your point I agree, I just couldn't help how it showed up in on main page and surprise surprise the irony.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yeah don't call them out for it either. You'll get infracted.
    So people engaging in the thread, is something you want to complain about, THATS THE PROBLEM? LOL
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  14. #154
    The Patient BrintoSFJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    247
    It is their site, what can we do about it? Until we have a universal law to ensure online freedom of speech and freedom of expression, which will always trump any site's authority to censor, we will have to deal with this.
    Moderators on this site are, to put it nicely, morons. They believe any opinion contrary to popular ones are either trolling or flaming or baiting. They can not comprehend the fact that there can be people who would utterly detest what they like or million others like. Well, it is their site and their "Authoretaeh" but they are morons nonetheless.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because the forum has numerous times proven to be incapable of having discussions about those subjects. They always devolve into shouting matches of people just swearing at each other.
    But what is wrong with that? It's actually entertaining to me.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    So people engaging in the thread, is something you want to complain about, THATS THE PROBLEM? LOL
    You're purposely missing the point, your ignorance shows again LOL

  17. #157
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,752
    The reason for having a forbidden topics list is largely because these forums have shown that they are not capable of civil discussion about those things as a general rule. Some of those are more for liability type reasons (we don't want people coming here to discuss illegal things or get medical advice) but most of the list is the result of forum behaviour as it has been observed for over a decade. It is waste of time -- user and mod -- to participate in or babysit threads that will absolutely, inevitably go poorly. We have years of experience with these threads, enough to know that their failure rate is 100% and it's not worth pouring the huge amount of moderator attention -- who are all volunteers -- that they typically require, into trying to save a thread that is ultimately unsaveable. We have a very small mod team and GenOT and Politics get a huge volume of posts (and reports) and mods are already spread really thin, so keeping their attention towards important topics and those that at least have the potential for a productive discussion is better.

    Considering this is a forum dedicated to a video game and off topics are not our priority, I feel like this shouldn't be a huge deal. I'm sure there are dedicated forums out there if someone really wants to discuss conspiracy theories or circumcision or whatever.
    INTERMITTENT AVAILABILITY - PM ANOTHER GLOBAL PLEASE

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •