Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    There were more adjectives used there. But in any case, if you can't stop yourself from using ad hominem arguments then the discussion has basically ended.
    When people start attacking each other then nothing more will come out of it.

It's not about saying something harsh to other person and hurting their feelings. It's about the manner in which discussion is done.
    The fact that people admit name calling into "civil discourse" is quite sad. Attack the opinion, never the person.

No
    Nah nonsense, the ad hominem attack Nonsense, no if an argument is weak or stupid it should be challenged, especially when a lot of it is script and copy pasta, along with suspicious links to discredited sources.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out a stupid argument is a stupid argument along with the fact from where it came. It might not seem relevant but it is. A woman talking about demon Sperm really has ZERO else to say about anything medically.

Just as a Sexist and Racist Homophobic bigot has nothing to say about policing culture or language while at the same time whining about being censored.

I also don't think it is ever reasonable to suggest anyone should be anything but hostile to horseshit arguments such as "The Jews did it" or "All homosexuals are Pedophiles".

I sincerely don't a flying fuck what anyone things a reasonable argument can be made of that kind of stupid shit.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-09-08 at 03:56 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Or maybe they just didn't notice it until someone reported it?
    So it took that long?
    Don't think so.

But I'm not paying to be here...so whatever
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-09-08 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I voted for labour (the left wing party of the UK) in the general election but I'm also alt-right? Suddenly things are making sense than you man
    Yes Left Wing like Sargon

Don't really care about your claims, just pointing out you already don't follow the rules, never mind anything else you are pointing out. Meaning you have no credibility, which I doubt is even the point.

I agree about bias, but it sure as hell isn't against those who aren't even trying to follow the rules or flagrantly show disdain for them like yourself.

I see a lot of hate for the mods around here but have never quite understood it. Ive been around for almost 10 years. Granted, I'm not a prolific poster, but in that time I've amassed a grand total of 1 infraction for mild flaming after having a bad day and posting before I cooled down. In the grand scheme of things how hard is it to avoid certain topics and be civil? You can still have heated debates, I've had plenty, but if you don't post mad and keep it non personal, you're fine.

The topics that are banned aren't going to lead to a good discussion anyway, and have nothing to do with WoW. There are plenty of other spots to engage in those conversations if you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have an impressive talent of not actually making any points

What are you actually talking about?

What rules am I not following?
    LMFAO really you are here complaining about how this place runs, about Forbidden Topics yet you are playing stupid as to what the rules are?

Come on, I am sure you have no idea what I am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Could care less what you believe or don't believe. I felt that what they did was unjust. So I wasn't going to sit back and be unfairly judged, by someone who on a whim thought they knew what I was thinking.
    It's a temporary ban on a video game forum. Contacting lawyers seems like an extreme over reaction.

It's not like you were shot in the back 7 times by someone on a whim thought they knew what you were thinking...

I'm really confused here - you realise alt-right isn't a mainstream ideology right? It's extremely infrequently seen, especially on this site.
    You being confused =/= I'm confused about it. I addressed your claim on using the term in 2020 + the US connection.

And what you see or don't see doesn't really change things. Telling me what I see or don't is kinda presumptuous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's a temporary ban on a video game forum. Contacting lawyers seems like an extreme over reaction.

It's not like you were shot in the back 7 times by someone on a whim thought they knew what you were thinking...
    Wait, someone contacted a lawyer over a ban on MMO-C...?

I'm amazed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, with how disjointed and deranged your posts are right now I'm sure most people have no idea what you're talking about

Kindly tell me what rules I'm currently breaking?

Here you go a refresher since it bust your fingers to go back and actually look at what you post.

Yes, the moderation is awful - good luck having an actual mod explaining why you got banned

I've been told to kill myself and the person (while on my ignore list) still never got banned

And yet my most recent ban I said this;

"So the fact you can't give me a straight answer and choose to be repulsive and childish is my fault? Okay champ, let me know how being that righteous and foolish works out for you in life"

When I asked if the mod who banned me could prove I was trolling (I wasn't) - guess who never got a reply?

It objectively has worse moderation than 4chan, and that's impressive. Luckily it's not like I pay to be here or have to deal with ads - but I would take this place more seriously if they had actual semi-decent mods

Very first post in here by you, and has been predicted by a few others who pull the same bullshit that you do, that even predict exactly how this thread is going to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you are hardly the type of user that has the right to complain about moderation. You got put in your place by Edge and then you flamed him for "having a "shrimp brain" and now here you are now complaining about "over moderation" ...lol give me a break.

If the moderation's narrative is that they are under manned then of course you're going to have some mods here who are going to try and go above the call of duty to moderate the website.

At the end of the day it's like people already said: too many rules that have "gray" areas that are interpreted differently by different mods. I'm sure I'm not the only one but I've had infractions appealed and over turned by illustrating how biased a mod's decision to infract somebody (myself) and not others of equal or more behavior.

Another issue are mods who actively participate in threads of discussion where either the A.) topic is borderline troll/bait/rule breaking, or B.) engaging with other posters who debates/arguments that borderline flaming/attacking each other. It's not a good look as we saw with a certain mod in Gen-OT get removed from power (or relinquish his duties after pressure) after so many users complained about him.

Keeping rules vague, purposely or not, allows too much room for interpretation between individual mods and until that's fixed, threads like this will continue to pop up. Threads and discussions about moderation can only be squelched so long before people start willing take bans for starting threads about it.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-09-08 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you misunderstand me. I'm not telling you what you see - I'm telling you if you're claiming alt-right is a mainstream/ common thing to see online or otherwise - you're either looking for it or lying.
    Yes, just like you claim you have no idea what the rules, are, there is no misunderstanding, and you have no credibility, and speaking out of both sides. Alt Right might be weak and as stupid as they always have been but still plenty of presence here on these forums

No, you misunderstand me. I'm not telling you what you see - I'm telling you if you're claiming alt-right is a mainstream/ common thing to see online or otherwise - you're either looking for it or lying.
    And now we're entering mental gymnastics territory.

Seeing it online is sort of what it's about. I never said anything about it being mainstream, but as my links established based on research, they're prolific online.

And yes, it's pretty damned common to see the views espoused on these forums for such a small website. Now go to Reddit. Inconvenient facts don't make them less of a fact.

Moderation seems fine, keeps this place from turning into a zoo, and this is coming from someone who has been infracted and suspended by minor offhand memes that according to a response from a mod when I disputed it, was "annoying."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Yes, just like you claim you have no idea what the rules, are, there is no misunderstanding, and you have no credibility, and speaking out of both sides. Alt Right might be weak and as stupid as they always have been but still plenty of presence here on these forums
    Exactly.

Lurking and spreading toxicity online is sort of the deal. These forums have plenty of them.

Question is how to you define alt-right?

I voted left wing, and have mostly left wing views - yet our good friend @Doctor Amadeus thinks I'm alt-right - makes me wonder that maybe, just maybe, it's actually a buzzword we throw around and ascribe to people we don't like so we can justify hostility and don't have to engage with what they're actually saying

I'm not convinced I'm afraid
    So now it's about you...?

My definition of the alt-right, is the official definition. They are self-identified. I couldn't care less if you're convinced, reality remains as is. Why you feel a need to come in defense of far-right ideologies and groupings, is your own issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.

Explain to me how someone telling you to kill yourself is totally fine

But what I said is somehow trolling - surely I know when I'm trolling someone or not
    I am not going to do that, because then I would be breaking the rules. That you either really don't know or never bothered to familiarize yourself with. In any event the fact you frequently break the rules yourself and want to bitch about them even though we aren't supposed to in this form, clearly suggest to me you're either full of shit or just don't give a fuck either way.

If either is the case, I am not sure why you think that is anyone else's problem or feel the need to make it such. I am sure as shit not puffing up for moderators and have my own beliefs about their bias, but this isn't how to address it.

Personally I regulated to simply not giving a fuck and moving the fuck on. It's their site not mine.

If I don't like it I'll leave simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Moderation seems fine, keeps this place from turning into a zoo, and this is coming from someone who has been infracted and suspended by minor offhand memes that according to a response from a mod when I disputed it, was "annoying."
    Right there with you.
    I'm as guilty as most..and as a guest in someone's home I usually know when I'm being an ass...and need to take a walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question is how to you define alt-right?

I voted left wing, and have mostly left wing views - yet our good friend @Doctor Amadeus thinks I'm alt-right - makes me wonder that maybe, just maybe, it's actually a buzzword we throw around and ascribe to people we don't like so we can justify hostility and don't have to engage with what they're actually saying

I'm not convinced I'm afraid
    Or maybe it doesn't matter and just like everything else you seem to making a big deal about it's all in your head. Seriously I don't give a frost if you are Alt-Right or YouTube Filthy Frank or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Please quote me defending far right ideologies - or admit you're a liar - your choice.
    Nobody has to quote you doing, shit FFS you can't even remember the shit you type from one page to another without losing thought. The point is your argument is irrelevant.

Please quote me defending far right ideologies - or admit you're a liar - your choice.
    You've literally tried to make it seem as if the alt-right doesn't exist in this very thread, and that they're not frequently seen on these forums, and that anyone challenging them is just using buzzphrases to "attack those they don't like".

Seriously, are you even aware of yourself? Actually, don't answer that one, it's pretty clear that this is some sort of gaslighting.

There's plenty of other places you can go to pick on people you consider lesser than you. This place is enough of a cesspool as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said I've never broken the rules. Some of my bans have been justified, some haven't.

My whole point is it doesn't matter because either way mods won't ever reply to the ban appeal forums and justify why they made the decision they did - plus the objective fact that some people get away with more stuff than other.

Do I care? Not really - I didn't start the thread. I'm really not sure why my opinion has bothered you so much and made you so hostile mall
    That is my only point you have no credibility and I specifically pointed out examples, because you aren't accountable and needed me to remind you. I am glad me pointing out the obvious leans you to personal insults and thinking I am hostile.

- - - Updated - - -

You literally called me alt-right, so are you admitting you're a liar as well?
    I am saying that Alt-Right are here and I believe you to be one, but more importantly I don't care because that wasn't the point of the thread or yours.