Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

This forum is too moderated

Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Not allowed to joke with above.
    Not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories.

I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the forum has numerous times proven to be incapable of having discussions about those subjects. They always devolve into shouting matches of people just swearing at each other.

Would think you'd have found out after being here for 13 years.

there are forums where such topics are allowed and, sadly, due to that they tend to be rather toxic places. it's a shame, but I guess it's a choice between a ton of work for the staff whenever the topics get out of hand or the easier option of just having a blanket ban of the topics

it's a catch 22, the more rules you have, the more moderation needed, don't think mmo champ does moderation right though, too many rules for the level and quality of the mods, feels like a hand full of cowboys trying to police a city sometimes, think they mostly go on gut, bias and instinct, ironic that's a RL complaint in America atm considering the mods majority demographic

but the alternative is self-moderation, as in the community can moderate its self, but this site is old, its structure is old and to change to that would require a huge investment that's just not worth doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Because the forum has numerous times proven to be incapable of having discussions about those subjects. They always devolve into shouting matches of people just swearing at each other.

Would think you'd have found out after being here for 13 years.
    You mean like almost every other thread across these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Not to mention they throw infractions at everyone who doesn't have a milquetoast opinion on every subject.
    The infraction system is hands down the dumbest and most infuriating system I've ever seen on any forum. And I've been part of many much larger forums where somehow I don't seem to get punished or moderated for the exact same behavior...

I know for a fact that some people created their own communities on discord because the moderation on MMO-C is too extreme.
    100% agree you get infractions by disagreeing with casual palyers cuz the modes are biased towards casuals and care giga casuals themselves
    that is also the reason why casuals in this from here can insult any Highend player without any consequences, you can't take the moderation seriously here just a bunch of clowns
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes not moderated enough seeing all the spam ads popping up. Also why should those topics be allowed on an MMO forum?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Sometimes not moderated enough seeing all the spam ads popping up. Also why should those topics be allowed on an MMO forum?
    Because the off-topic forums are just as active as WoW discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    There is no point discussing conspiracy theories ... so that's one that just needs common sense to remove.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    There is no point discussing conspiracy theories ... so that's one that just needs common sense to remove.
    Are you saying conspiracies don't exist?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Not to mention they throw infractions at everyone who doesn't have a milquetoast opinion on every subject.
    The infraction system is hands down the dumbest and most infuriating system I've ever seen on any forum. And I've been part of many much larger forums where somehow I don't seem to get punished or moderated for the exact same behavior.
    *shrugs*
    Got an infraction yesterday for signature. Ive had the image for at least a couple years now. And the text I added was there for about a month now. So...I figure one of the mods has a personal issue with a recent post....

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Not allowed to ask about medical issues.
    Not allowed to discuss mental disorders.
    Not allowed to joke with above.

I mean seriously, what the hell?
    Ease up on power trips.
    You're telling them how to run their site...and you think they're the ones on a power trip?

Maybe just find a new forum that is more to your liking?
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-09-08 at 12:50 PM.

Life taught me that people tend to accuse others of things they would do themselves.
    In most cases people accusing mods of unfair treatment are the people who treat everything personally, especially things that go against them.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    Got an infraction yesterday for signature. Ive had the image for at least a couple years now. And the text I added was there for about a month now. So...I figure one of the mods has a personal issue with a recent post....
    Or maybe they just didn't notice it until someone reported it?

If you want unqualified medical advice, get it the fuck somewhere else, wtf man

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Or maybe they just didn't notice it until someone reported it?
    How dare you bring logic and common sense into here?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

If it was too moderated then I wouldn't have to expect the board to be spammed with ads that don't get removed for quite some time. If anything we need more mods from different time zones. I do agree that the mods can get to strict at times, I think the forum rules are just very outdated and need to be loosen up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    yeah, because everybody knows that there has never been conspiracies ever!! right?? lol ....

the only conspiracies we know about are those that failed. but for some years now, "they" found a way to work peacefully, cause someone will come pointing finger and scream "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat" and it will be enough to discredit anybody talking about their doubt on official versions. so fucking easy.... we just have to shut up and open our asses until they fail miserably, like the pig bay or watergate.... everything else will be done as planned, and people like you will validate the fuckery by saying "conspiracy theory, tinfoil hat" to discredit anybody using common sense to think "huummmm something doesn't add up here, who benefits from the crime??"

fucken chill .....

edit: I'll definitely be banned for that, just hoping you read it before it's edited by mods
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-09-08 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*
    Mods generally don't care about signatures until someone reports it.
    Also, signature infractions are literally meaningless unless you have 2 or more, since they give 4 points each, but ban thresholds are all in 5-point increments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    "So the fact you can't give me a straight answer and choose to be repulsive and childish is my fault? Okay champ, let me know how being that righteous and foolish works out for you in life"

When I asked if the mod who banned me could prove I was trolling (I wasn't) - guess who never got a reply?
    That wasn't trolling, that was name calling and inciting flaming. You got an infraction as a warning