Greetings Death Knights,

Due to personal stressors from the military, I've decided to step down as a raid healer, and look at maining a DPS for my first time ever. When I got out of the hospital I decided to make a death knight, and I honestly have had an absolute blast playing as Unholy. I genuinely think there is a lot to enjoy about the death knight class as a whole, and I wanted to get some opinions about a few things from some local underlords.

Covenants:

I'm not rating covenants on a tier system or anything, as it's still a little early to do such in my opinion, but I'm also not naive to the performance of the Night Fae's ability for Unholy/Blood DK's in general. Let's be honest, Venthyr plate looks absolutely sick, and I would rather go back to Afghanistan than call myself a fairy death knight. Do you guys think Venthyr looks good for Unholy? How about for Frost? I'm not a serious raider by any means, but my guild and I did enter mythic raids towards the latter half of this expansion. I also enjoy doing M+.

Gameplay

From what I have seen from watching various YouTubers/Streamers, both Frost and Unholy look really fun to play, and a nice change from my typical role in a raid (Been a healer ever since classic). One thing that I've enjoyed with the current iteration of Unholy was the 'fire-and-forget' nature of Outbreak and consequently spreading plague. From what I've read, this is to change in shadowlands. How much of a bother is this really to the spec, and is this even a big deal? Lastly, I want to ask how difficult the rune management system is to learn for a newcomer?

I appreciate any response, even if it's to troll me haha. As we get closer to shadowlands, I look forward to making new friends and starting new adventures. I'm a combat veteran, and I'm always looking for other veterans to play with or anyone in general. Feel free to add me on battlenet: Malak#11755.

I appreciate anyone whos made it this far taking the time to read this rant.