Realm Connections planned for September 10-11 (NA)

Realm Connections planned for September 10-11 (NA)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PDT on September 10, the following realm connections will be made:

• Frostmane, Ner’zhul, and Tortheldrin will be connected to Blackmoore, Cairne, Cenarius, Korgath, and Perenolde.
    • Borean Tundra and Shadowsong will be connected to Drak’thul, Mok’Nathal, Silvermoon, and Skywall.
    • Auchindoun, Cho’gall, and Laughing Skull will be connected to Elune and Gilneas.
    • Burning Blade, Lightning’s Blade, and Onyxia will be connected to Garona, Icecrown, and Malygos.
    • Eredar, Gorefiend, Spinebreaker, and Wildhammer will be connected to Hellscream and Zangarmarsh.

During a scheduled maintenance period planned for 3:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. AEST on September 11, the following realm connections will be made:

• Dreadmaul and Thaurissan will be connected to Frostmourne.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post a new notification like this one next week.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-09-09 at 02:19 PM.

Phew, dodged another bullet.

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I thought Dreadmaul and Thaurissan had already been connected with Frostmourne? We have their economy now, the Auction House is insane compared to what we used to have!

I really don't like this losing lots of play time my realm cenarius has had this happen like 4 times now.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Brace for lag

Well that's disappointing as hell. The Frostmane/etc merger will be less effective than the merge that happened in WoD with Frostmane/Nerzhul, which after 1 expac all the CE guilds xferred or quit as it dried up. Now the server is going to be lucky to have a guild that breaks top 2000 even after this new merge. Thanks for merging a bunch of shit realms together, this cluster is doomed to fail.

Blackmoore-US doesn't even exist. They already tried to merge this non-existent realm with Cairne/Perenolde/etc 2 months ago.
    Last edited by Kaustos; 2020-09-09 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Blackmoore-US doesn't even exist. They already tried to merge this non-existent realm with Cairne/Perenolde/etc 2 months ago.
    Either they're trying some cutting edge technology with region merging Blackmoore EU (get ready for a bunch of German-speaking players!) or they mean Blackhand or Blackrock. However, Blackhand is already connected to Galakrond and Blackrock is connected to Azjol-Nerub, Khaz Modan, Muradin, and Nordrassil.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Well that's disappointing as hell. The Frostmane/etc merger will be less effective than the merge that happened in WoD with Frostmane/Nerzhul, which after 1 expac all the CE guilds xferred or quit as it dried up. Now the server is going to be lucky to have a guild that breaks top 2000 even after this new merge. Thanks for merging a bunch of shit realms together, this cluster is doomed to fail.

Blackmoore does exist, but it is a backend virtual server that players dont see, the server has a server ID of 1168 and is the server that hosts the Cenarius cluster. I agree its confusing though but thats why you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollums View Post
    Blackmoore does exist, but it is a backend virtual server that players dont see, the server has a server ID of 1168 and is the server that hosts the Cenarius cluster. I agree its confusing though but thats why you see it.
    That's cool, do you know if there's one for the Eredar/Gorefiend/Spinebreaker/Wildhammer cluster and if so where I'd find what it's called?

Is there a full list of all the connections so far?

I see my old realm, Icecrown, is getting connected yet again. This makes me wonder if the authentication servers will be able to handle returning players when Shadowlands launches. Will there be insane queue times?

each time they tell people that merges is ongoing process and that more will happen in future - and each time someone like you happens who assumes stuff.

they are clearly going for as many merges as possible this time around instead cosmetic merges like few years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I see my old realm, Icecrown, is getting connected yet again. This makes me wonder if the authentication servers will be able to handle returning players when Shadowlands launches. Will there be insane queue times?
    sharding will take care of launch .

it has been smooth af since they put sharding in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    That's cool, do you know if there's one for the Eredar/Gorefiend/Spinebreaker/Wildhammer cluster and if so where I'd find what it's called?
    No that server is Physically hosted on Wildhammer (to be Hellscream once the connections go through)

While there are a few more Virtual servers that host realms like moon Guard, Area 52, Mal'ganis, Hyjal or Lightbringer there are only 4 named ones where I can def give you a name/timezone/ID of the server.

For reference there is:

Blackmoore which has an ID of 1168, is in Pacific time and Hosts Cenarius.
    Theradras which has an ID of 1171, is Pacific time and Hosts Wyrmrest Accord
    Ulduar which has an ID of 1426, is Pacific time and hosts Aerie Peak
    Xavius which has an ID of 1174, is Central time and hosts Anvilmar/Undermine - This server is unique cause its timezone differs from the time of any of the realms that used to be hosted on it

EU or US?

too short

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    EU or US?

too short
    Given the link contains "us." I guess it's US. But I agree, it's presumed that WoW is mainly "US", but it is really not just.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    Given the link contains "us." I guess it's US. But I agree, it's presumed that WoW is mainly "US", but it is really not just.
    thanks, i didnt think of clicking on the link to see if its US or EU

they really should add in the title whether it's EU, US, classic, BFA, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gollums View Post
    No that server is Physically hosted on Wildhammer (to be Hellscream once the connections go through)

While there are a few more Virtual servers that host realms like moon Guard, Area 52, Mal'ganis, Hyjal or Lightbringer there are only 4 named ones where I can def give you a name/timezone/ID of the server.

For reference there is:

Blackmoore which has an ID of 1168, is in Pacific time and Hosts Cenarius.
    Theradras which has an ID of 1171, is Pacific time and Hosts Wyrmrest Accord
    Ulduar which has an ID of 1426, is Pacific time and hosts Aerie Peak
    Xavius which has an ID of 1174, is Central time and hosts Anvilmar/Undermine - This server is unique cause its timezone differs from the time of any of the realms that used to be hosted on it
    awesome, thank you!