Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Covenants not being a trivial switch like talents is what will keep it sane.

There is one thing to ask for specific spec, as you can switch it immediately, but whole another deal covenant. That's why M+ runs that need a rogue, druid or any other class - will first and foremost try to get said class.

The only case where I see this covenant scrutiny be a thing is a bleeding edge PvE or PvP where every % counts. Not for your shitty weekly +10/15, where you just need a rogue to press shroud or healer to heal and anything more than that is just a bonus.
    mmmh I really think that it will make it worse than it currently is. There are 50 DPS in the waiting list for 3 DPS spots when you create a group in the M+15-20 keys. If you don't have the right covenant for your class, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    mmmh I really think that it will make it worse than it currently is. There are 50 DPS in the waiting list for 3 DPS spots when you create a group in the M+15-20 keys. If you don't have the right covenant for your class, good luck.
    Looks like 47 dps are leaving disappointed no matter what.

And raider.io experience is going to be a much bigger deal. Or trying for a dungeon interaction covanents that may not be what is “best” for a given spec.

Or maybe some buff consideration since Blizz is making a bigger distinction between real class buffs and professions.

And having a lot of things to think about when building a group in an RPG you would think would be a good thing? When you only worry about dps or specific immunity utility you get even more pigeonholed. Like right now that despite having all this choice with no covanents being non-DH/rogue/hunter/mage is a big no go.

Why worry about what others bring when you know nothing will be significant?
    Last edited by Argorwal; 2020-09-11 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    never have i ever read more clarifications and explanations about upcoming features whilst also addressing controversies about things like player agency, bring the covenant not the player or meaningfulness of a system choice.

after seeing them tinker corruption into so very strange shapes i have little faith that the influx of millions of live players bodes well for the covenant system on release. only time will tell.

Well I guess we found the thing someone at Blizzard is so attached to that they will not listen to reason on. Seems every expansion has them and then after it causes the mess players warned them about they either spend all expansion trying to fix it or they just bury their heads in the sand and ignore it. Either way in two years we end in the same spot, them saying it wasn't very good and apologizing for it.

For the first time since Vanilla I think I'll just wait. I've seen this happen way too many times before ( and seems to be the norm with this Dev group ).

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    You get mats for crafting legendaries from Thorgast.
    Yes, and you can wear ONE of them at a time. WoW. Once you finish one, kkthxbye (apart from minmaxers=0,1% of playerbase).

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    The key is the casual players, if the casual players complain, start to flood the forums post SL launch with: I can't get into X group activity because they want me to go Necrolord but I really like Night Fae ( or whatever covenant) then I can guarantee blizz will change their stance on covenant swapping. To most casual players, outside players, the covenant issue seems like a "1%" type problem a " min maxer, min/maxing the fun out of the game" -whether that is true or not, I don't know, I don't have beta access.

We will see post launch if this is a 1% of the player type issue or it affects everyone, and if it does negatively affect the casual player base and that player base is vocal then I am pretty sure blizz will make change
    True casual players aren't doing content where players form their own groups manually, so no, they won't feel it, and they will be content with covenants as is. So long as queue times are reasonable, expect no complaints from the casual majority.

No matter what anyone says, PUGing M+ is not a casual activity. If you are raiding above LFR or dungeoning above heroic, congratulations, you've graduated from the conventional casual definition, especially if you're PUGing it.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-09-13 at 08:58 PM.

9.1 : "ok guys we should have listened to covenant feedback, we gonna fix it but its going to cost a lot of content"