Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands Beta - Spells Removed from GCD, Class Changes

Shadowlands Beta - Spells Removed from GCD
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Class - Abilities coming off the GCD

I’ve added two spells to the OP:

Druid: Innervate
    Monk: Mana Tea

They no longer invoke a GCD in the latest build of the Shadowlands Beta.

Shadowlands Beta - Death Knight Class Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve continued to work from feedback that the Unholy opener can take too long to get going. Even with attempts to help alleviate this issue over the last few weeks, it’s still not where we would like it to be.

Unholy has quite a few iconic abilities and they aren’t easily removed. Thus, our goal with this week’s latest build is to reduce the number of cooldowns in the opener, help out Rune economy, and give access to a baseline AoE Runic Spender.

Unholy

• Summon Gargoyle is moved back as a level 50 talent.
    • Unholy Pact moved to the level 45 talent tier.
    • Epidemic is baseline.
    • Dark Transformation has been removed, and its functionality has been added to Apocalypse.
      • Developers’ notes: Legendaries and Conduits that interact with your ghoul while they have Dark Transformation still function as they did prior to this change.
    • Death Coil has updated to reduce the cooldown of Apocalypse by 1.5 seconds.
      • Developers’ notes: When you cast Apocalypse, your Dark Transformation is no longer delayed by a missile travel time.

Blood

We have a small update for Blood to address the feedback about the Ossuary talent feeling mandatory.
    • Ossuary is now baseline and learned at level 58.
    • Blood Tap is now moved to place Ossuary was in talents.

Thanks for the continued feedback! Please keep it coming once you’ve had a chance to test the new build.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-09-09 at 10:40 PM.

someone make me understand why ascendance is still on GCD...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats some sweet sweet dk changes.

DRW off GCD please.

Frenzied Regen off the GCD when?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunger View Post
    someone make me understand why ascendance is still on GCD...?
    Ion hates shaman class, just google it "I dont want then in my group".
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Wait is that it for this week?

First step towards them simply admitting that the GCD-change was bad to begin with.

Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Ion hates shaman class, just google it "I dont want then in my group".
    Fascinating logic considering he mains a shaman.

Don't know why people hate GCD. Gives me more time to look at the TV when everything is on GCD in between spells.

I feel like every single week DKs get nice changes. Meanwhile, monks get no fucking changes or fixes. JFC

Wait, the BDK changes dont make sense... they made Rune Tab baseline and now switched it with Ossuary but both talents are a must have since your Soulbind def talent works very well with Rune Tab (Party gets healed on use by 15% of their HP every 25sec if you got 2 charches 30% for oh sit moments)

Dark Transformation has been removed, and its functionality has been added to Apocalypse.
    Developers’ notes: Legendaries and Conduits that interact with your ghoul while they have Dark Transformation still function as they did prior to this change

THIS!!!!! This makes me so happy!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Don't know why people hate GCD. Gives me more time to look at the TV when everything is on GCD in between spells.
    I got used to it pretty fast, didn't really bother me after a few days.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Nothing for frost again???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    I feel like every single week DKs get nice changes. Meanwhile, monks get no fucking changes or fixes. JFC
    They just took Mana tea off the GCD which was a common request once they started taking stuff off the GCD again.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Epidemic is a welcomed change.

But now my Gary is a talent again? Why? Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They just took Mana tea off the GCD which was a common request once they started taking stuff off the GCD again.
    wow much changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    There are some cases where it was a little overkill. Mostly with classes that have a bunch of cooldown or short-duration buffs, as you felt like you had to activate a bunch of abilities on the GCD... and THEN you can start dealing damage. Others are fine on the GCD. Personally, I'm kinda sad that CA/Incarnation is off the GCD now as we've lost the AsP gain when using the ability, which will be sorely missed.

Still waiting on Frenzied Regeneration getting taken off the GCD. Considering its function, it's a prime candidate as a defensive ability to be taken off the GCD. Lost count of how many time I've tried hitting the ability for it to not cast due to spell queuing.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Well thats a big nerf to UH DK PvP thanks....